PDA

View Full Version : Multivan Open (Cabrio)

phaeton
31-03-2007, 09:53 AM
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/03/340902-2.jpg

Translated from German via Google

Cabrio sensation : There „the Multivan open “is - Volkswagen commercial motor vehicles presents Buggy version of the T5 Hanover, 30. March 2007. Openly cruisen with the whole family or all friends: The new Multivan Cabrio makes' s possible. The model „Multivan Open “will present Volkswagen commercial motor vehicles on Sunday, 1 April 2007, in Hanover of the public. The seven-seater is first only as Buggy version, thus without covers, available and has 174 HP. Waiting period 31.03.2007 With particularly developed seawater and sand-rejecting coverings and additional floor space heating is the Multivan open ideal beach Mobil for trips by the dunes and to the sea. Intelligently shelves put on and practical for sun glasses, bath mat owners and putting in possibilities for important Beach accessories such as Badeschlappen, diver eyeglasses and snorkel make the open Flitzer the versatile companion into the summer. Over the cigarette lighter in addition problem-free a provided electrical grill can be attached, and directly in driver and front seat passenger grasp width an extra mounting plate for sun milk is appropriate. Conceived for a young target group, the open should be available already as beach attraction of the summer starting from May in the color Reflexchromatic Oceanblue in the trade. Special Clou: As additionally orderable extras there is co-ordinated, swinging out sun screens, sun couches and wind catches with special mounting plate as well as an auxiliary installation for optimal and safe stowing of Taucheranzügen, oxygen cylinders and swimming fins away coloured on lacquer finish and interior equipment.

So from my understanding its being used as a Tour/Shuttle vehicle during the Open Day at VWCV HQ in Hanover ;)

Altered Sprinter
31-03-2007, 03:23 PM
Ben that's neat it's the sort of thing you'd expect to see in Malaysia as a taxi bumping around the streets etc.
If it made it down under not sure how it swould get a compliance rating, most likely a restricted RV license as to no side barrier protection, still it would be fun for those rich folk who could afford it! I'll bet the umbrellas are an option j:Richard

brackie
01-04-2007, 06:50 AM
Lap seat belts? Rollover bar?

peter_j_g
01-04-2007, 04:27 PM
Note the release date - 1st April....

brackie
01-04-2007, 04:34 PM
If you're right, Peter, then I take my hat off to the guy who did the photoshopping :rolleyes:

phaeton
01-04-2007, 07:07 PM
Note the release date - 1st April....

As much as it looks like a joke this is from VWCV's press site ;)

If they're joking on us good on them :D

peter_j_g
02-04-2007, 03:40 AM
I wonder how many fell for google's April fools joke... go to the www.google.com page and follow the link about TiSP. If the link has been removed the direct url is www.google.com/tisp

Altered Sprinter
02-04-2007, 07:17 PM
Uh'rrr Fooled me once, fooled me twice dang the thing went bling and fooled me againj:
Still it's a neat trick.
Richard