PDA

View Full Version : CC Menus on new Jetta

Scaven
30-03-2007, 10:18 AM
Hi Guys,

I just purchased a new TDI 2.0 Jetta, and I was looking through the "Controls" manual and it mentions being able to access the menus of the cars computer to change things like "How long lights are left on after exiting the vehicle", "whether the passenger side mirror tilts down when reversing"..etc.

I can't for the life of me work out how I get to these menus, it mentions one of the buttons on the steering wheel (the one on the right that looks like 3 bars), but no matter how long I hold it down it seems to do nothing.

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers,

Scaven

BTW I am love the car.

Subie25L
30-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Have a look at this thread from about post #6
http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=3296

Basically it works if you have the highline menu.

dilbert_rocks
30-03-2007, 09:35 PM
The (multi-national) Owner's manual describes the two (physically) different types of display. In the small, light coloured text above some section delineations, it mentions which options the Multifunction display comes with - I know that SatNav is one, but I was pretty certain that there were a couple of others as well. Don't have access to a manual to confirm.

Just checked the Australian brochure online - seems that the large multifunction dash display is only listed with the SatNav option here in Oz! :?
I had thought maybe T FSI might have had it (since its top of the line) - not so sure now.

drb999
30-03-2007, 09:39 PM
I had thought maybe T FSI might have had it (since its top of the line) - not so sure now.

Nope, TFSI doesn't have it, at least mine didn't come with it and I don't have factory sat nav.

dilbert_rocks
30-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Nope, TFSI doesn't have it, at least mine didn't come with it and I don't have factory sat nav.

Well that explains the stealer's* coy response about my ability to program those options. He did say he would (re)program them for me for free.

*love this expression, Brackie

brackie
31-03-2007, 06:57 AM
Well that explains the stealer's* coy response about my ability to program those options. He did say he would (re)program them for me for free.

*love this expression, Brackie
Yeah.. Can't take the credit as I got that one from mikinoz. In fact, further research tells me that the margin on new car sales isn't very large and they make their money elsewhere: used cars (BIG); service (HUGE); parts (EXORBITANT).

acdcfan
31-03-2007, 12:52 PM
Yeah.. Can't take the credit as I got that one from mikinoz. In fact, further research tells me that the margin on new car sales isn't very large and they make their money elsewhere: used cars (BIG); service (HUGE); parts (EXORBITANT).

Explains the cost of servicing new Golf diesel......... and price of special engine oil made by Castrol ($25/L) :mad:
But pleasure of driving it is ......priceless

I manage for the first time to get 850 km out of full tank of petrol..... not even 3000 km on the clock :D j: :cool:

dilbert_rocks
01-04-2007, 06:44 PM
Yeah.. Can't take the credit as I got that one from mikinoz.

Just read another thread that talked about Dealers / Stealers. I took it as a bit of fun as well, and as with any generalisation, we all know that they don't always apply to everyone!

Its interesting tho... I recognised my salesperson's name from one of the posts on this forum and it seemed to me that he was also aware of them, and was trying hard to disprove them. He gave me a deal (as opposed to steal) that I was happy with. Maybe I coulda pushed harder, but he played ball and came down a lot in one step, and I respected that.

I DO hate when they play games though - like dragging their heels at giving even $1000 off the list price, and then charge outrageous prices that we hear about for servicing (like $600 for an oil change - if I remember rightly).

VW's aren't always sold to the guys who earn big bucks.

flu!d
01-04-2007, 06:52 PM
and price of special engine oil made by Castrol ($25/L)

You got a good price....

Being a VW service manager, TXT50501 costs my department not far off $25.00 per litre.

You don't want to know how much 5 litres of TXT50601 will cost you for an R5 engine.

h100vw
01-04-2007, 06:57 PM
You got a good price....

Being a VW service manager, TXT50501 costs my department not far off $25.00 per litre.

You don't want to know how much 5 litres of TXT50601 will cost you for an R5 engine.

That can't be the only oil that you can put in these motors surely.

Gavin

flu!d
01-04-2007, 07:39 PM
It's the oil recomended by VGA and therefore the oil we use.

Do you honestly think I want a warrenty claim on a failed engine reversed by VGA because we used an oil not recomended by VGA?

You should be glad that certain dealers are so passionate about using the correct oil in your engine....

aprr32
01-04-2007, 07:42 PM
No it isn't and don't let VW tell you anything different.(Fuchs is the factory fill in most European VW factories)

flu!d
01-04-2007, 07:46 PM
I'm not talking VAG (VW Germany), i'm talking VGA (Volkswagen Group Australia). We are covered by VGA and we therefore conform to the oils reccomended by them. The oils used in europe do not directly concern most Australian service departments.

acdcfan
01-04-2007, 09:48 PM
That can't be the only oil that you can put in these motors surely.

Gavin

According to VW Australia I can use 5w-30 fully synthetic oil only to top up engine oil levels but for servicing must use specified oil in owner manual which is from memory 506.00 506.01 or 507.00 507.01 ..... diesel engine it is :?

acdcfan
01-04-2007, 09:51 PM
You got a good price....

he offered me a litre for $25.00......

TDI DSG
02-04-2007, 02:03 PM
My local dealer uses Valvoline synpower XL3 for the TDI and quoted a similar($25/ltr) figure for some top up oil. He also assured me that I would not be able to get it anywhere else. Although I had to wait for a few weeks I bought a 20ltr drum for $220 - yes $11/ltr and dont tell me I got a better price than the dealers do buying in 205 ltr drums.
Genuine oil filters are also quite cheap about $14 each from memory - just changed my oil for an all up cost of approx $55 - dealer qouted a minimum $180 - at least I now know the right oil is in my TDI.

The synpower also has the latest vw spec - 5007 I think it is - correct me if thats not right as I dont have the valvoline specs with me.