PDA

View Full Version : Skoda Superb Combi V6 Ordered.

CanberravRS
30-04-2010, 01:01 PM
Well I've ordered my next Skoda... :banana:

Skoda Octavia Elegance Wagon 3.6 VR6 TSI FSI 191kW DSG 4X4
Storm Blue Metallic Paint
Glamour Leather Interior - Ivory
3 spoke Multi-Function Steering wheel
Onyx Carpet
Sports Suspension
Style Kit
Bluetooth
Tow Bar
Luxon Wheels

Planned Delivery will be November sometime.

dsgfh
30-04-2010, 02:16 PM
Ouch! 7 months is a long time to wait. I'm not sure I'd have the patience

CanberravRS
30-04-2010, 02:18 PM
Out of Choice... waiting till the current lease is up to maximise FBT and breaking the lease early is expensive.
Id rather have it as soon as it arrives. But all good.. I have the vRS in the meantime.. so i cant complain.

dsgfh
30-04-2010, 02:41 PM
Ah, that's a whole different story then :) Sounded worrying for getting them into the country for a second there.

TuNeS
30-04-2010, 02:42 PM
what a beautiful car. Looking forward to pics!

Transporter
30-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Congratulations mate, ... good choice. :)
Is 4Motion standard or optional?

CanberravRS
30-04-2010, 03:31 PM
The V6 has the Haldex 4x4 with the new Series 4 version as standard. As the V6 would be nasty if it was FWD only.

So same as the R36 drive-line effectively, but skoda haven't tuned the Donk as much. Seems to be allot smoother in its power-band than the R36 I test drove.

dsgfh
30-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Smoother? Test Drove? Sounds like skoda needs to update their web site to declare it in the country now :-O

CanberravRS
30-04-2010, 06:03 PM
Same drive line and configuration are in the liftback version.. as the wagon is the same body length.. the dynamics are the same.

So I didnt drive the Combi.. but it will drive the same as the 2010 model liftback V6 i drove.. "very impressed"
I think im the only person to order a V6 Wagon so far in this combination. So it will be nice having something unique for a while.

K1W1
30-04-2010, 06:37 PM
Congratulations.

I can tell you those V6 Liftbacks go hard. I've been in one with 4 other adults that was doing four wheel drifts at over 100kph onto the straight on a test track and getting up near 200kph at the end of the straight. They may not appear to be tuned but they go hard if pushed.

CanberravRS
30-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Thanks K1W1, there have been so many positive comments around the world from the media including china and india where they rate it higher than the 6cyl Subarus, Honda's and Toyota's.. and here in Aus we have not seen the combi yet, for real.. one of the best reviews ive seen for the Australian models is this one.. YouTube - Skoda Superb Combi review (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbfPtGXLloM) where it starts out explaining the FWD 4cyl version and ends up with the v6 handling and raw performance... Love the sound.. I dont know what skoda do.. but the R36 standard doesnt sound as good. Skoda did the same with the 2.0lt Turbo in my vRS.. sounds so much better than a GTI in standard trim.

still 7 months till i get my hands on it.

dodgey
30-04-2010, 08:58 PM
Congrats! Looks like the v6 Superb Combi is going to be a brilliant car!

Jake02
30-04-2010, 09:37 PM
That V6, and please excuse my explicitness, sounds orgasmic! Just like the VW Golf R32 (which I know it's the same basic engine but still). One of the best V6 noises in production today. I'm not sure I could wait until November, but I know how fabulous the Octy RS is so it's no biggie. CanberravRS, you must be one of the first second Skoda owners in Australia!

And btw, what does the 'Style Pack' come with?

CanberravRS
01-05-2010, 09:36 AM
Hmmm possibly, I might have to ask the dealer if he knows?

The Style pack is a Small spoiler kit for front and rear bumpers and a wing for the top of the rear door, just sets the car aside a bit more, and with the luxon wheels it will just look Superb! hahaha..

Oh gawd thats such a bad pun!

Bayford Skoda
01-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Congratulations.

I can tell you those V6 Liftbacks go hard. I've been in one with 4 other adults that was doing four wheel drifts at over 100kph onto the straight on a test track and getting up near 200kph at the end of the straight. They may not appear to be tuned but they go hard if pushed.

You must have been at the Skoda corporate drive day last year??? Great day

Calais
02-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Sounds like an awesome spec you have ordered up!

Your right on the V6 too, sounds pretty sweet.

Might be a long 7 months..................

CanberravRS
08-05-2010, 07:57 PM
Too long.. but I made the choice to maximise the lease on my existing vRS.

Either way its win win.

Lima
08-05-2010, 10:29 PM
Nice one Giles! :banana:

CanberravRS
09-05-2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks Liam.. cant wait

Lima
09-05-2010, 08:05 PM
I was looking at some press pics of the Superb Combi last night, it's a pretty nice looking car.

CanberravRS
09-05-2010, 09:13 PM
yeah its the pick of the Superb range.. And going from the mini to a wagon.. I certainly like the functionality of a wagon.. And from driving the v6 4x4 2010 model sedan i drove it will perform nicely.

Not really into racing around any more as I was.. And the old 74 (turbo NGV) mini will be on the road soon enough to look after blatting around.

Swuzzlebubble
01-06-2010, 12:01 PM
Well I've ordered my next Skoda... :banana:

Skoda Octavia Elegance Wagon 3.6 VR6 TSI FSI 191kW DSG 4X4
Storm Blue Metallic Paint
Glamour Leather Interior - Ivory
3 spoke Multi-Function Steering wheel
Onyx Carpet
Sports Suspension
Style Kit
Bluetooth
Tow Bar
Luxon Wheels

Planned Delivery will be November sometime.Is “style-pack” available across the range or just for 4x4?
What is list price?

FezV10
09-06-2010, 01:45 PM
Hey CanberravRS,

You mentioned 'Glamour Leather' - how does that differ to the standard leather in the car?
I'm finalising the specs on a V6 wagon before ordering.

So far I'm looking at:
Black Metalic
Sunroof
Auto Tailgate (to get the mrs' buy-in)
Sports Suspension
Paddle Shift wheel (although I prefer the 4 spoke wheel, but I like the paddles)
Roller Blinds for rear windows
Bluetooth
MDI
I'd really like the body kit but can't get any other photo's than the one on your profile. I believe it's also V expensive too!

I've been told 3 month wait if I order now, sounds like I might be having my leg pulled?

Swuzzlebubble
09-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Hey CanberravRS,

You mentioned 'Glamour Leather' - how does that differ to the standard leather in the car?

So far I'm looking at:
Black Metalic
Sunroof
Sports Suspension
Paddle Shift wheel (although I prefer the 4 spoke wheel, but I like the paddles)
Bluetooth
MDI
I'd really like the body kit but can't get any other photo's than the one on your profile. I believe it's also V expensive too!

I've been told 3 month wait if I order now, sounds like I might be having my leg pulled?By special request, the Elegance version may be ordered
with the Emory (Alcantara) or Glamour (leather) interior
trim

CanberravRS
09-06-2010, 04:58 PM
Is “style-pack” available across the range or just for 4x4?
What is list price?

Style pack is across the range. Price, i cant remember the list price, I certainly didn't pay that.

CanberravRS
09-06-2010, 05:01 PM
Hey CanberravRS,

So far I'm looking at:
Black Metalic
Sunroof
Sports Suspension
Bluetooth
MDI

I've been told 3 month wait if I order now, sounds like I might be having my leg pulled?

No the 3 month wait is due to the Roof... have you driven a VW with the panoramic roof.. I drove a golf wagon which has the same panoramic roof and driving during the middle of the day, the sun was repeatedly blinding me with the blind shut.. so i canned that in my order.

dsgfh
09-06-2010, 10:18 PM
No the 3 month wait is due to the Roof... have you driven a VW with the panoramic roof.. I drove a golf wagon which has the same panoramic roof and driving during the middle of the day, the sun was repeatedly blinding me with the blind shut.. so i canned that in my order.
Interesting. I had been pondering how the panoramic sunroof & car would cope with the heat of the Australian summer (I know how faded our lounge room rug is after just one summer). I hadn't considered glare from the roof. A shame, since I thought it would give the car a very "airy" feel. Must see if I can find a car with it optioned somewhere & try it out.

Tensixty6
10-06-2010, 06:16 AM
Solution. Get the sunroof tinted. I know a couple of people who've had the sunroofs in their GTI's done. I don't know that I could be bothered with the wagon if it didn't have the panoramic roof. It definately makes the cabin more open and "airy". Still, each to their own. It's an individual choice.

CanberravRS
10-06-2010, 07:47 AM
Solution. Get the sunroof tinted. I know a couple of people who've had the sunroofs in their GTI's done. I don't know that I could be bothered with the wagon if it didn't have the panoramic roof. It definately makes the cabin more open and "airy". Still, each to their own. It's an individual choice.

I considered a lot of things on the car, and as I regularly put a fishing Kayak on my roof after it being in the salt water, it drips onto the roof a bit and I saw the amount of channels/gaps etc I would have to regularly clean and all of these things added up to a big no on the panoramic roof. A quick wash of a full metal roof is a lot easier. I guess if i had chosen the dark leather interior as well i would have considered the roof, but with the ivory glamour interior there is a substantial amount of lightness inside the cabin.

As for the earlier questions by Fez and Swiz the style kit fitted and painted is under $1300 for a front spoiler/rear diffuser and larger rear wing. A lot cheaper than many other body kit offerings on vehicles like BMW/Audi that can cost 5k plus.

Tensixty6
10-06-2010, 08:31 AM
I think you've made the right decision, particularly given, as you say, the "lightness" of the ivory trim. My choice, at this stage, would be for Candy White with black interior. I've always had a preference for having a sunroof but I will certainly look into the impact the panoramic roof makes before ordering. I wonder if you can get the 18" Themisto wheels WITHOUT having the sports suspension?

CanberravRS
10-06-2010, 09:03 AM
I think you've made the right decision, particularly given, as you say, the "lightness" of the ivory trim. My choice, at this stage, would be for Candy White with black interior. I've always had a preference for having a sunroof but I will certainly look into the impact the panoramic roof makes before ordering. I wonder if you can get the 18" Themisto wheels WITHOUT having the sports suspension?

On the V6 the Themisto's come standard.. but they are options on the rest.

Tensixty6
10-06-2010, 09:09 AM
Yes, but in listing the Themisto's as an option, they incorporate them with sports suspension, as a package. I only want the wheels, I think they look better.

CanberravRS
10-06-2010, 09:22 AM
Yes, but in listing the Themisto's as an option, they incorporate them with sports suspension, as a package. I only want the wheels, I think they look better.

Agreed.. they look great and the 18's really set the wagon off.. I went for the Luxon's to make my wagon unique to any other V6 wagons in Storm blue.

Tensixty6
10-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Speaking of options, any idea on the "Decorative inserts 'Mirage'-metallic inlays"?

CanberravRS
10-06-2010, 09:47 AM
Speaking of options, any idea on the "Decorative inserts 'Mirage'-metallic inlays"?

Yes, it replaces the wood trim on the doors/dash etc with a brushed alloy looking plastic. I haven't seen it on a superb, but have on a Octavia, kinda suits the sporting interior of the Octavia over the luxury interior of the Superb.

Tensixty6
10-06-2010, 09:50 AM
Thanks. I'll give it a miss I think.

Swuzzlebubble
10-06-2010, 09:56 AM
Yes, it replaces the wood trim on the doors/dash etc with a brushed alloy looking plastic. I haven't seen it on a superb, but have on a Octavia, kinda suits the sporting interior of the Octavia over the luxury interior of the Superb.
.So it is different to the "ambition" treatment of those bits? What do you get if you want Elegance without the fake/plastic wood?

FezV10
10-06-2010, 10:08 AM

I haven't seen the roof other than on the internet. I used to have an Audi A3 Sportback with the 'Open Sky' roof, I assume it sort of similar.

I must ask the dealer about the alcantara - had this in another Audi and loved it.

Thanks for the info on the style pack, certainly cheaper than the dealer had quoted me! Trouble is once over the LCT mark, stamp duty jumps to 5% so the costs just keep blowing out!

CanberravRS
10-06-2010, 10:12 AM
.So it is different to the "ambition" treatment of those bits? What do you get if you want Elegance without the fake/plastic wood?

No i believe it is the Ambition treatment. So for those who don't want the woodalike trim you can have the ambition treatment at a cost.

CanberravRS
10-06-2010, 10:14 AM
I haven't seen the roof other than on the internet. I used to have an Audi A3 Sportback with the 'Open Sky' roof, I assume it sort of similar.

I must ask the dealer about the alcantara - had this in another Audi and loved it.

Thanks for the info on the style pack, certainly cheaper than the dealer had quoted me! Trouble is once over the LCT mark, stamp duty jumps to 5% so the costs just keep blowing out!

I had quotes from 4 dealers.. and as its dealer option everyone had different prices for painting and fitting, all had the same base cost though for the items. If you can negotiate, do it. Your right too.. LCT moves very quickly once you have one or two options on the v6

FezV10
10-06-2010, 10:21 AM
I had quotes from 4 dealers.. and as its dealer option everyone had different prices for painting and fitting, all had the same base cost though for the items. If you can negotiate, do it. Your right too.. LCT moves very quickly once you have one or two options on the v6

I think I've negotiated pretty hard... best not mentioned here.

From what you're saying, I should be able to add it at the dealer down the track anyway.
I saw the parts listed on superskoda.com, i think it added up to around 600 euros but hardly worth the trouble.

Thanks for the advice.

CanberravRS
10-06-2010, 10:31 AM
I think I've negotiated pretty hard... best not mentioned here.

From what you're saying, I should be able to add it at the dealer down the track anyway.
I saw the parts listed on superskoda.com, i think it added up to around 600 euros but hardly worth the trouble.

Thanks for the advice.

Yeah thats about 900 AUD, then freight and insurance of $200 or so.. really doesn't make sense at all, when you then have to paint, fit and you have no warranty on the parts from a local dealer.

Swuzzlebubble
10-06-2010, 10:36 AM
Anyone considering the KESSY option? $627 apparently.

CanberravRS
10-06-2010, 11:06 AM
Anyone considering the KESSY option? $627 apparently.

I did a few searches on the web about it.. and its regarded as a funky option, most journo's seem to believe its easier all round to use your key, Top Gear even commented that they preferred the key and where glad KESSY was only an option and not standard.

woofy
11-06-2010, 10:05 AM
I've heard a few people say its not going to be a popular option in the long run, apparently a dealer drove off in car, and when he went to park it, realised the key was actually with something he left with his wife at home, so the car drives with it in proximity, but can't be locked without it, nor started again...

Swuzzlebubble
11-06-2010, 11:01 AM
I've heard a few people say its not going to be a popular option in the long run, apparently a dealer drove off in car, and when he went to park it, realised the key was actually with something he left with his wife at home, so the car drives with it in proximity, but can't be locked without it, nor started again...Anyone know if you get two key fobs for KESSY and if the use of either one works with the corresponding memory settings of seats & mirrors etc?
It seems some systems work this way:

Smart key - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smart_key)

“Some manufacturers allow driver's memory seat positions to be automatically adjusted based on the module used to unlock the car, which means that seat positions, steering wheel adjustments (if electrically adjusted) exterior mirror settings, climate control temperature settings and stereo preferences can be automatically engaged just by unlocking the car.”

brad
11-06-2010, 01:00 PM
I've heard a few people say its not going to be a popular option in the long run, apparently a dealer drove off in car, and when he went to park it, realised the key was actually with something he left with his wife at home, so the car drives with it in proximity, but can't be locked without it, nor started again...

We had keyless entry & start on our Outlander. At first we thought it a gimmick but eventually found it to be terrific. The wife loved it as she could just keep her key in her handbag. I liked it because it was her car but she prefers me to drive when we are together, so I didn't have to ask for the key.

I call BS on driving away without a transponder. On the Outlander 1) You need to be very close to the doors to get them to unlock. 2) If the engine is going & the transponder gets out of range, a huge key symbol appeared on the MFD. If you can't see it then you are on drugs.

Wife has just ordered a new Mondeo. She was tossing up between mid-spec & top-of-range & the keyless entry/start sold her on the more expensive model. (I tried to sell her a Skoda but anything beyong Ford/Holden/Toyota is a bit out there for the bunch she works for - had to really fight to get the Mondeo Diesel Wagon as they only wanted V6 Calais wagons