PDA

View Full Version : question about my new polo GTI

poopoo
25-04-2010, 06:22 PM
hi guys, fairly new to the site. was just gonna ask a question regarding my new polo GTi. picked her up about a week ago. awesome little car.just wondering however, when i'm driving sometimes the ESP light on the cluster pops up. it generally stays lit up until i turn the car off and back on again. was just wondering if this is normal or if there may be fault somewhere? feedbacks would be much appreciated. thanks

nick

pog
25-04-2010, 07:08 PM
hi guys, fairly new to the site. was just gonna ask a question regarding my new polo GTi. picked her up about a week ago. awesome little car.just wondering however, when i'm driving sometimes the ESP light on the cluster pops up. it generally stays lit up until i turn the car off and back on again. was just wondering if this is normal or if there may be fault somewhere? feedbacks would be much appreciated. thanks

nick

I'm fairly new myself, however, when you start the car, it will display and then drop off the cluster. If you experience wheel spin or if traction control kicks in (for whatever reason) it will display.

Post some pictures in the official my polo arrives thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f19/***-official-my-polo-arrives-thread***-17326.html

Welcome to the forum :)

RoSonic
25-04-2010, 07:16 PM
You should do a fault code check (at the dealer or ask some one who has vag-com or other tool). As there could be a problem with one of your abs speed sensors.

noone
26-04-2010, 09:34 AM
Welcome

I'd take it back to the dealer. ABS should only display when the car is just turned on, when you manually turn it off of blip when you are pushing the traction of the car.

FL00DY
04-05-2010, 02:49 PM
I'm fairly new myself, however, when you start the car, it will display and then drop off the cluster. If you experience wheel spin or if traction control kicks in (for whatever reason) it will display.

Post some pictures in the official my polo arrives thread: http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f19/***-official-my-polo-arrives-thread***-17326.html

Welcome to the forum :)

It doesn't stay on when losing traction, it just flickers on. Sounds like the OP's light is staying full time? Get it checked. Unless you have lots of experience and have VAG-com, anyone with a problem should get it checked out. I'm always amazed at the questions asked here, almost everyone will have purchased a car with warranty ... why not use it :)

Jmac
04-05-2010, 04:07 PM
It doesn't stay on when losing traction, it just flickers on. Sounds like the OP's light is staying full time? Get it checked. Unless you have lots of experience and have VAG-com, anyone with a problem should get it checked out. I'm always amazed at the questions asked here, almost everyone will have purchased a car with warranty ... why not use it :)

What about the folks buying second hand??? no warranty so how can they use that???? His light doesnt stay on, ive checked it and will be resolved soon
Jmac

FL00DY
04-05-2010, 04:14 PM
What about the folks buying second hand??? no warranty so how can they use that???? His light doesnt stay on, ive checked it and will be resolved soon
Jmac

Well I did say "almost" everyone. But there has been loads of people asking questions bout different lights and sounds that have warranty and yet they come here asking for advice. Much better chance of the right diagnosis happening at the dealer then online. Even myself now that I'm outside of warranty, whatever goes wrong I take it straight to Seb before it causes major drama.

Would be keen to hear what was the cause.

Jmac
04-05-2010, 04:19 PM
Well I did say "almost" everyone. But there has been loads of people asking questions bout different lights and sounds that have warranty and yet they come here asking for advice. Much better chance of the right diagnosis happening at the dealer then online. Even myself now that I'm outside of warranty, whatever goes wrong I take it straight to Seb before it causes major drama.

Would be keen to hear what was the cause.
Agree with that mate, foolish to diagnose over the phone or online, but advice doenst go a miss. I see it all the time can you fit this??? why? ah i was looking online and they said this. Ok fit the part and fail. Forums are deadly for that trap, and deadly for tarnishing names from nothing really. Got to be real careful on them.
Cheers
Jmac