PDA

View Full Version : Acceptable Delivery kms?

beefa
27-03-2007, 04:13 PM
Hi Guys,

Like a few other newbs here Im picking up my polo this week, im told its 07 Compliance but probably paid too much after reading the other threads here.
:(

Question is what is considered acceptable delivery kms ?

One of the cars I test drove at the dealership only had 30kms on the clock, however im sure they would have gladly sold this to me as new even though they had been using it for test drives.

regs,
Ben

FL00DY
27-03-2007, 05:44 PM
I had less then 50kms on mine when I picked it up..

brackie
27-03-2007, 05:57 PM
My Golf TDI has 17kms on it when I picked it up.

mitch_gti
27-03-2007, 07:33 PM
When i picked up my GTI it had 14 kms on it.

For a new vehicle i say upto 20-25 kms. Anymore than that and i would start to question whether it has been test driven (flogged) or not.

pinzvidz
27-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Always take the following into consideration for a new vehicle;

Distance between PD (pre-delivery) and main dealership if applicable.
Road test during PD to make sure everything is ok.
Drive to put in a little fuel (or fill the tank) at the servo.

So about 15-20kms on avaerage is acceptable.

syncro
27-03-2007, 08:18 PM
They are allowed to reset them to 0 apparently.

peter_j_g
27-03-2007, 08:31 PM
When I visited the BMW factory some years ago I noticed that the odometer readings on the cars as they came off the line were 999980km - so after 20km they would be 0km!

pinzvidz
27-03-2007, 09:48 PM

Ah, no, that's as much illegal as it is for a dodgy second-hand dealer to wind odometers back. Any dealership caught doing anything like that would lose their franchise rights.

mitch_gti
27-03-2007, 09:58 PM

Rest assured that is not true.

In our dealership we have been gettings cars back from pre delivery with as little as 6 kms on the clock.

Only problem with my customers picking up cars with such few kms lies with the fact that certain cars come with a rust proofing applied at the factory to the exhaust and underbody.

A very fussy customer picked their car up the other day, and i pointed out the fact it had only 6kms on the clock. he was absolutely delighted.

he did get slightly concerned after he picked it up and went up a hill only to find smoke pissing out the side of his car.

This was the rust proofing burning off the exhaust, he laughed as i explained why it happened.

beefa
27-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks guys,

This dealer has already told me a few porkies to get the sale so I currently have no faith in anything said by him from this point on. Just want to make sure on things like this when i pick up the car.

Regs,
Ben

syncro
28-03-2007, 07:16 AM
Trust me, it is true. There are limitations though.

Flaps
28-03-2007, 08:06 AM
I had 19kms on mine.

gldgti
28-03-2007, 09:36 AM
when i got my car it had 241628km on it.... whats the big deal? :-P

phaeton
28-03-2007, 09:45 AM
Thanks guys,

This dealer has already told me a few porkies to get the sale so I currently have no faith in anything said by him from this point on. Just want to make sure on things like this when i pick up the car.

Regs,
Ben

If you have concerns with the salesman your with you have every right to go elsewhere ;) (unless you've signed a contract etc)

After all the customer has his rights too and should'nt feel cheated ;)

Good Luck Ben ;)

beefa
28-03-2007, 01:50 PM
Gld GTi,
The difference is paying for a car thats new, and paying for a car sold as new thats been used as a demo. Whilst Im sympathetic when test driving cars with less than 50km on the clock I cant speak for everyone. : )

Phaeton, contract had been signed but i took my issues up with the dealer and assures me has has done the right thing by me we sorted out my concerns

Car will be ready for pickup friday. Woot Woot as they say.

leasaunce
07-09-2008, 11:42 PM
waited 4wks and arrived @ the dealer with 30km, full tank, clean interior n ext. my car got the VIP treatmen. car was parked inside the showroom :) couldnt be more happier!