PDA

View Full Version : looking to buy, need some advice

leck
26-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Hi all.

New member signed up as ill hopefully be getting a gti this week (going through the haggle process now).

Just wanted a bit of advice if i could on the following:

- the car im looking at was delivered june last year (06) and has been sitting in the yard since (think its been used to demo). Is there any major differences with 06/07 polo gtis?
- has 6 airbags so i think thats the safety pack option
- no leather, no sunroof.

Just wondering how much wriggle room there is in the price as they are asking 28k drive away. Is that too much for the car?

From what ive gathered reading the threads here, I should be able to get some of the following.

- tank of fuel
- free extended warranty
- free tint
- mats are included so dont let them throw them in ;)
- take down the dealer charges a tad.

Thanks for any help and looking forward to my little pogo :D

GTI PERTH
26-03-2007, 10:37 PM
hi bud, glad to have you with us :)

in my opinion you are paying atleast 2000 too much driveaway as its 06 and its also a demo and has been most lightly been sitting in the sun through summer, if its white and you live in country WA i think i know the 1 your talking about.
to my knowledge there isnt any difference between the 06/07 but could be wrong does anyone out there know any different?

Wand Weaver
26-03-2007, 10:39 PM
$28,000 seems way too high for a June '06 (probably ex-Demo) Polo GTI.

They all came with the 6 airbags as standard - so if the dealer's trying to plug that as the "safety pack", he's having you on. There's no such thing as a safety pack on the GTI - the safety pack was an option on lower-spec Polos to give them 6 airbags (and ESP).

At the beginning of this year, VW were offering $26,990 driveaway on '06 Polo GTIs. I certainly wouldn't pay more than that - those were brand new vehicles with delivery KM only.

If you're in NSW, be careful with dark tint - apparently while it complies with ADRs, it's still against NSW law and some stock standard Subarus and Audis have fallen foul.

I don't believe the spec for '06 and '07 is any different except for tyres. I think '07s come with Dunlop Sport Maxx tyres, whilst the '06s come with Continental SportContact 2s.

leck
26-03-2007, 10:49 PM
Thanks for the speedy replies and cheers for the welcome :)

I should have mentioned that its VIC. Blue with cloth interior. I remember the 26990 special in feb when i was having a look around but didnt want to rush into anything. I was a little surprised that they actually put the prices back up afterwards but thats what makes it a special i suppose.

Ill try and shoot for 26k driveaway with a few bonuses and see if i can get them to talk turkey. If its been sitting there a while its not going to be walking off the lot tomorrow at any rate.

GTI PERTH
26-03-2007, 10:58 PM
:)t got to add but mines 07 with cont's and got it

phaeton
27-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Welcome leck :D

I agree with GTI Perth & Wand Weaver 28K is way too high and you don't even have leather, make sure you buy it for 26K no more ;)

Good Luck & we all look forward to seeing your Polo :D

leck
27-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Thanks for the help guys. Went back and tried to negotiate but wasn't getting anywhere so promptly drove to another dealership and bought a brand spanking 07 candy white pogo with cloth for 28k on road.

Thats a done deal with a tank of fuel. Didn't want anything else really. Pretty happy with that price and cant wait for delivery!

GTI PERTH
28-03-2007, 11:42 AM
weldone, have fuuuun

poloplayer
28-03-2007, 06:42 PM
congrats leck, might i ask, which dealership the 06car was and where you bought?

leck
29-03-2007, 04:00 PM
it was at Sth Yarra VW. Silver with cloth. From memory it was Jun 06 build, Sep 06 Compliance or somethng similar for 28k driveaway.

It should actually be in the showroom tomorrow (friday 29th) and i believe we were speaking to David? before we went elsewhere.

If they had been somewhat approachable with negotiation, then i would have put in the hard yards on it, but im happy with the deal i got (same price and 07 with a better color).

Good luck if you go for it :)

phaeton
29-03-2007, 05:58 PM
Congrats leck on the better spec/year built and pricing ;)

Love the Candy White :D

kevvie
12-04-2007, 09:54 PM
I bought mine from Sth Yarra VW in mid Feb, delivered early March. Red, leather, sunroof. Very, very happy so far. Won't quote price, but based on what people have been paying I think I got a very good deal. Unknown to me at the time a work colleague bought a black one the week before. Still several weeks away from delivery :mad:

Still trying to sell my Alfa 147 though....:?