PDA

View Full Version : Caged!

alex g
29-11-2005, 08:29 PM
show us a detailed or more detailed pic of the cage i am currently building mine and would be interested in your approach

Golfwise
30-11-2005, 03:05 PM
re the cage
It is only the beginning of the cage build as I already had the hoop and rear support bars.
Because its cams approved tubing I'm waiting on some more to finnish it off .
There will be a brace between the rear towers and triangulation of the rear supports.Plus front support of the strut towers and side intrusion bars.
As some may have noticed its running 5 stud VR6 brakes and we hope to squeeze 288 mm brakes under 15 inch wheels with 2 piston calipers at the front .
For those of you who don't realise TassieGTi and I are related.
More later :twisted:

TassieGTi
30-11-2005, 08:42 PM
show us a detailed or more detailed pic of the cage i am currently building mine and would be interested in your approach

As Golfwise said...it is only just the beginning of the cage as we have used a hoop that we had from a previous MK1 Club Car. When we get the additional tubing and get to work, I'll post some detailed pics for you. By the progress you have made on your cage, it may be too late anyway! :)

GoLfMan
30-11-2005, 08:44 PM
maybye Tas u could do a detailed frame by frame thread on how to build a roll cage? for future reference for all ?

TassieGTi
30-11-2005, 08:52 PM
maybye Tas u could do a detailed frame by frame thread on how to build a roll cage? for future reference for all ?

Yeah....happy to do so Golfman, but keep in mind that our cage is being built specifically for racing purposes and must meet certain CAMS regulations. It will be significantly different to a cage for street/show, although these would be easier to construct.

GoLfMan
30-11-2005, 09:15 PM
yes that would be fine because i would eventually like to get my mk1 on the track!

alex g
01-12-2005, 05:24 PM
mine is for show and a little street :lol: :lol: