PDA

View Full Version : Scirocco Sillyness with a midmounted motor

static1800
28-11-2005, 08:28 PM
That thing will be a weapon!

Ive always had the idea somewhere in the back of my mind to build a mid engined Mk1 with an R32 golf engine in it. It's safely stored in the way to hard basket

lyle-act
29-11-2005, 10:54 AM
wow dude, thats gonna be bloody nuts!! :lol:

My brother just got his Mk1 painted and is getting his suspension soon. Cant wait till he gets a 1.8T in his! :twisted:

aprr32
29-11-2005, 06:51 PM
Mid mounted 24 v VR6 turbo in 76 scirocco, keep your eyes open in the future. Parts are here, time is coming.

Golf Loon
29-11-2005, 07:05 PM
Mid mounted 24 v VR6 turbo in 76 scirocco, keep your eyes open in the future. Parts are here, time is coming.

Why mid mount it, couldnt you mount one in the front and one in the back and have a twin engined badboy :shock: :shock:

Golfwise
30-11-2005, 03:14 PM
Can't see why you would chop up a good Rocco .But then again the floor has probably rusted out like a lot that age.
Where in the hell are you going to use it.It would be hard to register ? but whatever turns you on.eh.
That orange Mk1 Golf in Pommieland is unreal when you look at it.Great video of it if you've seen it.TassieGTi has got it somewhere if you haven't seen it. :P

aprr32
30-11-2005, 08:12 PM
I bought this scirroco in the early 80's and have had it off the road for over 10 years trying to restore it. It was an English import and the only rust in it is in the rear bumper mount holes. This project will be engineered and registered. No point having a car that you can't drive on the road. If you build these projects properly there is no reason they can't be engineered. We have a good engineer here in Canberra who we use all the time and will help us out.
As I said all I need is the time as the are a few more jobs to finnish of my own and also customers cars come first.

TassieGTi
30-11-2005, 08:29 PM

Sounds good in theory. Another case of topic hijacking though Loon!! Perhaps we can start a new topic for aprr32's projects as you did with Golfwise's Jetta.

aprr32
30-11-2005, 08:33 PM
Sorry, sometimes I get carried away-so much to do, so little time.

roccodingo
30-11-2005, 10:21 PM
I bought this scirroco in the early 80's and have had it off the road for over 10 years trying to restore it. It was an English import and the only rust in it is in the rear bumper mount holes. This project will be engineered and registered. No point having a car that you can't drive on the road. If you build these projects properly there is no reason they can't be engineered. We have a good engineer here in Canberra who we use all the time and will help us out.
As I said all I need is the time as the are a few more jobs to finnish of my own and also customers cars come first.

So how many you got ??? LMK if your wanting body parts for it.. :wink:

Golf Loon
30-11-2005, 11:12 PM
I`ve seen the front half you sent to Melbourne, looks ok man.
Cheers for the wiring diagram roccodingo

el_foolio
01-12-2005, 12:01 AM
i do love the orange mk1 mid-mount VR6, rear wheel drive converted, best from the uk, i still have those videos, aaaace!!!

Golfwise
01-12-2005, 08:17 AM
I've got a damaged R 32 which will be used for a project sometime but being a traditionalist I won't be midmounting the motor in anything.
If I liked rear wheel drive I'd be into Skylines or Crappydores or something like that.
FWD revolutionised modern motoring and my hot hatch wouldn't be that with the back floor full of engine.
I like mk3s so I guess thats where it will end up (300 hp with a chip)(I like all modern VWs 76 on)
A current model Polo sounds good as well ?Sorry I hope I'm not hijacking anyones storyline here. :D

el_foolio
01-12-2005, 10:25 AM
i agree, im not really a RWD man, i love my little FWD hatch :D wow, that sounds pretty insane, cant wait to see where that R32 ends up!
Viva La FWD!!!!

aprr32
01-12-2005, 06:48 PM
Some of my cars are front drivers and some are rear drivers and one is all four.Each has its good and bad points. Mid mounted is the best as I have learnt with the 914 but its air cooled, so a mid mounted water cooled VW has to be the best.Any how I have to finish the beetle cab, fit the 2.2 911 engine in the Ghia cab for my wife and take the poor 4 speed out of the caddy and fit the Golf4 GTI box and a KO4 that is cluttering up the workshop. Assoon as the scirocco hits the workshop I will start feeding you all pics. Thanks roccodingo, no doubt I will need some parts for the car and also to keep my brothers 78 scirocco(2l 16v on quad throttle bodies) on the road.

static1800
01-12-2005, 09:57 PM
err.. i never made this thread??
what seems to be going on?

Golf Loon
02-12-2005, 11:14 AM
Dont worry static, It was me in my capacity as moderator. You took the previous thread off track, so I took all replies from that point on and created this thread..... Oh the Power :twisted:

Look forward to seeing you on Sunday.

Golfwise
03-12-2005, 11:45 AM
Some of my cars are front drivers and some are rear drivers and one is all four.Each has its good and bad points. Mid mounted is the best as I have learnt with the 914 but its air cooled, so a mid mounted water cooled VW has to be the best.Any how I have to finish the beetle cab, fit the 2.2 911 engine in the Ghia cab for my wife and take the poor 4 speed out of the caddy and fit the Golf4 GTI box and a KO4 that is cluttering up the workshop. Assoon as the scirocco hits the workshop I will start feeding you all pics. Thanks roccodingo, no doubt I will need some parts for the car and also to keep my brothers 78 scirocco(2l 16v on quad throttle bodies) on the road.
Sounds like a lot of boasting to me.
Yeah VW/Porsche leant a lot from the 914.They stopped making them.
thank God.
Funny though Porsche's best seller and still made in the biggest volume has the motor behind the gearbox in the back.Stupid Porsche engineers.?????????????

GoLfMan
03-12-2005, 01:48 PM
nope, there cars are break kneck fast and beautifully engineered

evorobin
04-12-2005, 05:34 AM
Have you driven a newish 911 though. The 996 I had a fang in was very nice 8)

Golfwise
05-12-2005, 08:20 AM
VERY NICE :D :D :D

aprr32
06-12-2005, 07:59 PM
Sounds like Golfwise has never owned or driven a 914 long enough to realise that there is not many cars even today that handle as well as a 914.There's no boasting, it's just that I like air and water and playing with cars to make them a little different, thats all.

Golfwise
06-12-2005, 09:05 PM
You are on the money there old man I haven't driven one.Just stiring the pot .
I nearly brought one ( a 914 that is) years ago that had been in the Derwent River.It went to the mainland somewhere for what I thought was silly money at the time.It had been under water for a couple of days and I wonder how rusty it is today.
I have done up some 911s in the past but have given them up as parts are through the roof and a one can get a lot of fun for small money out of a Golf.
Over and out till the next stiring session :)

Golf Loon
06-12-2005, 09:15 PM
Is stiring a tasmanian spelling for stirring? :oops:

Golfwise
06-12-2005, 09:41 PM
What now Loon is correcting our spelling.
Sorry sir I will go sit in the corner.
I get all confused when I ytpe, its with one finger and oh so slow ! :? :?

Golf Loon
07-12-2005, 11:24 AM
I`m an English teacher. Old habits die hard.
I thought your generation could spell :wink:

GoLfMan
07-12-2005, 11:27 AM
ytpe
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Golfwise
08-12-2005, 07:45 AM
Loon are you currently working as a teacher ?
Interesting !
From now on I'll use spell check and yes my generation (Who) can spell we just can't type.
:cry:

GoLfMan
08-12-2005, 08:41 AM
dont bother with spell check just take an extra 10 mins to make sure your hitting the right things on the keyboard in the right order. :P

WABIT
08-12-2005, 09:17 AM
dont bother with spell check just take an extra 10 mins to make sure your hitting the right things on the keyboard in the right order. :P

i nkow uhh! hwo acres baout spleeling!!!!

lol

wabit

Golfwise
08-12-2005, 09:26 AM
Its either YOU ARE or YOU'RE in the above context not your.
:wink:

GoLfMan
08-12-2005, 12:37 PM
:oops: