PDA

View Full Version : Is Club Touareg down or is it just me ?

phaeton
25-03-2007, 11:39 AM
I can't seem to access CT these days is it down again ???

http://forums.clubtouareg.com/forum25.html

V10TDI_downunder
25-03-2007, 01:49 PM
It's down again, this is now the third time, from memory.

We need to get more people on here, at least the local scene.

bobzed57
25-03-2007, 05:12 PM
It sort of worked a couple of days, but it seemed that the pictures in posts had been removed.

Gerald, I think you're right about making a strong Aussie scene. I know Moonan has talked about it before.

Cheers

Bob

brackie
25-03-2007, 05:18 PM
You can be sure that we'll look after you here ;) Any volunteers for a moderator for the Touareg forum?

Moonan
26-03-2007, 07:21 AM
I don't want to in any way downplay the importance of ClubTouareg, it is an incredible resource, dedicated to the Touareg, and there are not enough Australian 'regs for a critical mass of expertise to emerge. Having said that, we have lost lots of good stuff in CT crashes (including local stuff), and there is nothing disloyal in joining the wider local VW scene through this site.
Let me see, so far we can now see:
me (Moonan), Gerald (V10TDI_downunder), Bobzed, Barefoot, and Ozvino. (this is like romper room)
Now we need to find Matthew, Singh, Tamashek, and the others...

Gerald and Bob, see if you can work on Singh this weekend (have a great trip, and post some pix here as well as CT). I'll contact Matthew and Luke.

cheers,

V10TDI_downunder
27-03-2007, 08:54 PM
Hey Neil,

How would you like Bob and I to work on Singh, break bones and get him to sign up?

Oops, just joking about the signing up, ha ha !!! j:

Seriously, I am happy to work both sites, as they both have a purpose, I will have a chat with Singh over the weekend, I think every Aussie Egg owner would be keen to have an input on the local scene.

Regards

Gerald

Moonan
28-03-2007, 10:10 AM
For anyone who didn't catch ClubTouareg when it was (briefly) back in business last night, the story seems to be that Mike, the owner of CT, who has been having trouble managing it (what with the great crash of a while ago, and the numerous up/down experiences of late), has decided to sell the forum to a professional outfit. This has been welcomed as a good thing by the seppos who seem to know the new owner, so we can be hopeful at this time.
Keep checking it, but keep visiting here too, the local scene can only get better if we can control our own destiny a bit, as well as sharing our experiences with these awesome vehicles with the wider Oz VW community

cheers

matthewfnorbert
06-04-2007, 09:41 PM
I don't want to in any way downplay the importance of ClubTouareg, it is an incredible resource, dedicated to the Touareg, and there are not enough Australian 'regs for a critical mass of expertise to emerge. Having said that, we have lost lots of good stuff in CT crashes (including local stuff), and there is nothing disloyal in joining the wider local VW scene through this site.
Let me see, so far we can now see:
me (Moonan), Gerald (V10TDI_downunder), Bobzed, Barefoot, and Ozvino. (this is like romper room)
Now we need to find Matthew, Singh, Tamashek, and the others...

Gerald and Bob, see if you can work on Singh this weekend (have a great trip, and post some pix here as well as CT). I'll contact Matthew and Luke.

cheers,

OK neil (moonan) sent the heavies around, taught me a lesson and have now under much duress made me sign up.. so here i am :)

brackie
07-04-2007, 05:59 AM
Sorry about the duress, Matthew :( but it's good to have you here :)
I always look forward to Touareg posts (probably because I lust for one :( ) V10 diesel, of course.

phaeton
07-04-2007, 09:47 AM
Welcome Matthew :D

Director
05-10-2008, 12:18 PM
Interested in joining should have my new TDI in two weeks