PDA

View Full Version : esp + sat nav + intercooler for 2.0 tdi

eestison
30-11-2005, 09:30 PM
hi!

i was wondering if anyone can help me out with prices/availability on kits for esp and sat nav to suit my 06 2.0 tdi.

i was not prepared to wait for delivery - so the one i got was minus esp and sat nav. the dealership tells me that these are not kits/parts that they can on sell to me.

i am reluctant to accept what they are telling me is fact. one person in their service dept. said no, one said yes... so which is it?? hehehe.

i would also like to know if anyone has fitted up an intercooler to an 06 2.0 tdi - and if they can provide performance figures + costing.

thanks!!

imported_brackie
01-12-2005, 04:59 AM
hi!

i was wondering if anyone can help me out with prices/availability on kits for esp and sat nav to suit my 06 2.0 tdi.

Whoaaaa!! Hi-tech! Most of us have seen a Golf 5, some of us have driven one, but you're our first member who actually owns one! ( I came pretty close to it last week but the EU hijacked one of my main income streams.)

i was not prepared to wait for delivery - so the one i got was minus esp and sat nav. the dealership tells me that these are not kits/parts that they can on sell to me.

i am reluctant to accept what they are telling me is fact. one person in their service dept. said no, one said yes... so which is it?? hehehe.

This is often the case when they get a new modeel....especially if there are a number of variants in the range. Your dealership needs to upskill their staff! Some of our members are VW parts suppliers (Volksfolks, Volksfactory...I reckon syncro would know something).

i would also like to know if anyone has fitted up an intercooler to an 06 2.0 tdi - and if they can provide performance figures + costing.
Very early days here in Oz. I guess some of the European VW sites would have kits. (You other guys...Help!!)

thanks!!

eestison
01-12-2005, 12:32 PM
Your dealership needs to upskill their staff!

Yes, that they do. I am thoroughly impressed with my car, but i am far from impressed with my dealerships attitude towards pre-delivery and post-sales service.

i had no option but to go to them, Brisbane is an hours flight south (1000km approx) and these guys were 'only' 400km up the road hehehe.

eestison
01-12-2005, 03:26 PM

over at vwvortex, in the regional (aussie) forum. i had a response that the audi A3 and the golf have the same 103kw and 320nm engine setup. the a3 has an intercooler. therefore, so does the golf... maybe i should have a better look, i certainly cannot see one under the hood... hehehe

aprr32
01-12-2005, 07:01 PM
Be careful of buying kits from overseas, we had acustomer with a Toureg that bought a paddle shift kit back from America and it is not compatable with the Aussie models control units. In fact trying to code an overseas kit can make the car not start or not shift gears.

eestison
01-12-2005, 07:53 PM
Be careful of buying kits from overseas, we had acustomer with a Toureg that bought a paddle shift kit back from America and it is not compatable with the Aussie models control units. In fact trying to code an overseas kit can make the car not start or not shift gears.

ok, no probs. thanks for that. i was actually going to try and get kits for esp and sat nav for the aussie MkV through my dealer. they said no (well one person said yes, then the service manager said no), so at the moment i am trying to find another source. i do not want kits/parts that were not made for the aussie Mk V - too much trouble.

thanks for the heads up :-)

mad_gti
14-12-2005, 02:29 PM
Your dealership needs to upskill their staff!

Yes, that they do. I am thoroughly impressed with my car, but i am far from impressed with my dealerships attitude towards pre-delivery and post-sales service.

i had no option but to go to them, Brisbane is an hours flight south (1000km approx) and these guys were 'only' 400km up the road hehehe.

I had the exact same problem with my local dealer. I drove the 2 hours to the Gold Coast to purchase my GTI and my girlfriends Trendline. The service from the staff down there was amazing, as well as their follow support.

h100vw
01-05-2006, 10:07 PM
Sat nav, I would buy a stand alone kit for that.

ESP, remove lead boot! :lol:

Intercooler see ETKA shot I have PMd you. Can't work out how to post it up.

Gavin

gtimk5
02-05-2006, 07:16 AM
Contact Guy Harding performance. He has genuine kits and is in Brissie.
Hey Brackie! Ive got a mk5 GTI.

golfvr6
02-05-2006, 08:03 AM
for sat nav - i'd go standalone - can transfer between cars - or even out of one!

jets
08-05-2006, 10:31 AM
Your TDI already has a intercooler. Are you looking for a larger one?