PDA

View Full Version : [SYD] 1st April Macquarie Pass Drive - Polo GTG

FL00DY
24-03-2007, 12:10 PM
OK I'm in Melb but will be back one day next week. Trying to organise a drive with my MINI mates. If anyone wants to come for a drive, it'll probably be Sunday 1st April. This would be meeting at Loftus Soccer oval (just before the road into National Park). Drive though National Park, along Sea cliff bridge, Macq Pass. I'd like to do Kanga Valley as well and then home via berry, depends on how people feel.

So anyone up for it?

mitch_gti
24-03-2007, 04:51 PM
i get every second weekend off work.

I would love to come but on the 1st of april i will be working. if it were the following weekend then i would definately make an appearance.

silk
24-03-2007, 07:17 PM
Did this drive about 3 weeks ago... loved it, well most of it... shame about the motorcyclist that had an aversion to well, riding.... all the way though the national park.

Definately interested in doing it again. (I assume that you were planning on stopping for a pie at Robertson?)

mgh

FL00DY
25-03-2007, 02:22 AM
Did this drive about 3 weeks ago... loved it, well most of it... shame about the motorcyclist that had an aversion to well, riding.... all the way though the national park.

Definately interested in doing it again. (I assume that you were planning on stopping for a pie at Robertson?)

mgh

Yup Robbo pies is a must. Mitch, sorry bout the timing, but the weekend after is easter long weekend. Don't know bout you but I'm not too keen on going for a spirited drive with possible double demerit up for grabs ;) Is it possible to swap ? :?

I'd love to get lots of Polo GTI's to come along as there doesn't seem a lot of GTI's getting used properly :D

Glide_GTI
27-03-2007, 04:29 PM
argh how come were never avaliable on the same weekend paul?

I'd love to come, but got a 100+ user novel to AD migration this weekend, if we get it knocked over quick I'll call you on saturday can hopefully I can come.

FL00DY
27-03-2007, 05:42 PM
argh how come were never avaliable on the same weekend paul?

I'd love to come, but got a 100+ user novel to AD migration this weekend, if we get it knocked over quick I'll call you on saturday can hopefully I can come.

Yeh Damo it sucks. If you can't make it this Sun, give me a call any spare weekend. Where is everyone?

FL00DY
27-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Anyone? Anyone?

brackie
28-03-2007, 05:53 AM
Floody.. Seems to me that this thread should be in the "Meets and Events" forum and perhaps that's why the response is slow. Is it open to Polo owners only? I can move it if you want me to.

FL00DY
28-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Floody.. Seems to me that this thread should be in the "Meets and Events" forum and perhaps that's why the response is slow. Is it open to Polo owners only? I can move it if you want me to.

Yeh Brackie, I thought of that, but yeh it wasn't anything special, just trying to get some Polo owners to come on a drive. I'll leave it here and post time and location for Sunday, if anyone wants to turn up they can.

FL00DY
28-03-2007, 10:11 AM
Looks like lots of people are busy this weekend. So I'm just gonna do Macq Pass up and down and then home. If anyone wants to meet at Robbo pies, let me know.

FL00DY
31-03-2007, 06:44 PM
OK seems I might have 4-5 takers for this.

If anyone wants to come with, we will be meeting at Loftus Oval which is on the south side of Princes Highway just before the turn off to the National Park. Meeting here at 8:30, will be TRYING to leave by 9. If you want to come post here or call me on 0407480013. I will be leaving home at bout 7:30 :(

Plan is just a simple drive through the Natio, then down past the gong and up Macq Pass. See how people feel at that point and a bit of lunch.

Glide_GTI
02-04-2007, 10:22 PM
Was awesome :D

thanks for organising m8, once im in the new house, might have to look at spending some dorra on a decent set of shocks and springs :-)

FL00DY
03-04-2007, 07:56 AM
Was awesome :D

thanks for organising m8, once im in the new house, might have to look at spending some dorra on a decent set of shocks and springs :-)

Yeh and turn GIAC off when in the twists :D

Glide_GTI
04-04-2007, 08:45 PM
haha :P

Nah I think I'd be able to put the power down a lot better with a decent setup. Were you using ESP? I left mine on, since im still inexperienced in the bends.

FL00DY
04-04-2007, 08:50 PM
haha :P

Nah I think I'd be able to put the power down a lot better with a decent setup. Were you using ESP? I left mine on, since im still inexperienced in the bends.

Yeh I leave mine on still, it's amazing how often it kicks in and saves me ;) Yeh I agree on the setup.

beefa
05-04-2007, 08:43 AM
Hey Floody,

How effective is the ESP and how aggressive can you be in throwing the car into a corner ?

I have not driven a car with this before so am curious as to what it will save and what it wont.

FL00DY
05-04-2007, 09:37 AM
Hey Floody,

How effective is the ESP and how aggressive can you be in throwing the car into a corner ?

I have not driven a car with this before so am curious as to what it will save and what it wont.

I don't find it very aggressive, if you get a ****ty launch from Traffic lights and ESP is on it'll bog you down and looks like you stall it. But in the corners I find it very easy to live, when I'm as good as the Stig I'll turn it off :D

If you ask Glide_GTI how aggressive I am in the corners he'll vouch for the chuck-a-bility :D

Glide_GTI
05-04-2007, 05:57 PM
yeah not that aggressive at all, very easy to still throw it around, it battles a bit if your chipped though, but that just means more fun without you running into problems :)