PDA

View Full Version : My New Passat

Man In Black (MIB)
24-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Hi Guys,

I was doing some research on my new car and came across this forum.

I have bought and am picking up a 2007 Passat V6 4Motion with 18” wheels and Bi-xenon headlights in about 43 days time (not that I’m counting). It will also have beige leather interior and is Black (hence my username).

I wanted to get in contact with other Passat owners to see if there is anything I need to know when I pick it up. Any questions I need to ask or things to avoid etc. This is my first German/European car so is there anything that may surprise me (like the indicator being on the left).

I drove a 2002 TDI Passat in Paris a few years ago and was very impressed with it. So I have a bit of an appreciation for the model already.

Thanks.

MIB (Man In Black)

brackie
24-03-2007, 09:56 AM
Excellent choice of car and real value for money! I reckon our next car will be a Passat (but only if they import a manual ;) )

midget
24-03-2007, 10:23 AM
welcome to the forum MIB, im sure you will enjoy your stay here

nice choice on VW j:

phaeton
24-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Welcome MIB :D

Is this your 1st VW ?

passafist
25-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Did you order the electric seats option? If so, be sure to read the instructions! The seats needs to driven back to their rear position initially to get their calibration right. The reversing position of the left mirror is a bit of a tricky procedure too.

Bixenon headlights! why bother? The standard ones are very good and don't blind oncoming motorists!

black1
26-03-2007, 08:18 AM
Great choice in Passat.

About 6 weeks ago picked up a v6 4 motion in black, black leather, Sat Nav, 18in tyres, sunroof, electric seats etc and it is fantastic.

Bi xenons are well and truely worth it.
If you have not driven a car with them at night, you don't know what you are missing. They follow the roads and really make a huge difference, so I would bother.

i would recommend getting the film put on you lights to cover them.

the handbrake noise is a pain, but the systm works well.

Make sure you keep the tyre pressures up tp the 320 on full load.
The car being lower looks great. have had lots of comments and parked near another passat not lowered you can notice the difference.
i have used the Autoglym polish for dark cars and then put the clear coat protectant on it. keeps it looking clean even when dirty..

Taking the car to Canberra this weekend and then to Sydney over easter. have not really had it on a long trip, but the car certainly has some get up and go and loves to rev.

j: j:
j: j:

Man In Black (MIB)
28-03-2007, 06:56 PM
Thanks Guys.

Question for Black1, what is this film you are talking about for the Bi-xenons? I spoke to the dealer about headlight protectors and his advice was not to bother as the lens is already polycarbonate.

MIB

black1
30-03-2007, 09:54 AM
I forget the name of the film, but it canbe purchased from any good auto stores.
It is like a contact the stops the "blasting" effect that still can happen.

My dealer put me on to them, and i had them on my Touareg and on my Golf.

You cut to size and stick on.

jimbo
02-04-2007, 12:00 PM
I bought a 07 Passat TDI wagon. What a cracker of a car.

You will be very please with the car, build quality etc.
Only hitch I had was bad salesman....although I did get $9k off price.

brackie
02-04-2007, 12:11 PM
$9k isn't to be sniffed at! (Salesman couldn't have been that bad ;) )Welcome to our forum, great choice of car and great choice of fuel type. You won't regret it!

phaeton
02-04-2007, 01:11 PM
Welcome jimbo and black1 :D

Great choice in cars guys ;)

Anyone interested in posting pics of their beauties ?

Man In Black (MIB)
07-04-2007, 11:03 AM
Black1, how did the car go on your trip to Canberra? Question too, did you get the floor mats and umbrella supplied as standard?

Thanks.

MIB

black1
08-04-2007, 12:02 PM
Car went well on the trip to Canberra.
After driving the 600 km round trip, we still had 1/3 of tank of petrol left and the car said we were averaging 7.7l.

Thought that was good as we were loaded up.

Off to Sydney until Friday.

Mats are standard in the vehicles but no umbrella.

Any small compact umbrella will fit.