PDA

View Full Version : I'm not sure whether I like this new forum layout

K1W1
04-04-2010, 11:23 AM
The title says it all.
I'll see how I feel in a few days but my initial impressions aren't positive.

AusScare
04-04-2010, 01:46 PM
It's just a theme, there will be more options available soon. See main thread in general section.

Transporter
04-04-2010, 03:21 PM
You will get use to it and eventually like it more than the old one, believe me!

RhysQ
04-04-2010, 04:31 PM
i feel the same... i don't like it now, but ONLY because i dont know it yet. I see its potential and can see in every way how it is superior to the old format. once we all get familiar with it, we'll realise how archaic the old format was.

Johnson4
04-04-2010, 06:19 PM
As a graphic designer, I know that any change to a known design will take a bit to get used to. But this is a far superior interface and with some tweaks could be exceptional -- give it time.

If you need a hand with graphics, just let me know. I reckon I could do you up some nice banner headers, and perhaps even revise the logo. (I did a new logo for these (http://www.hometheatershack.com/) guys last year, and you can peek at my personal website (http://www.ai2.com.au/) for a bit of portfolio-ness.)

Cheers!

Preen59
04-04-2010, 07:02 PM
I like it. If you don't like it, do what everyone else does- Go on the internet and complai... Oh right. :P

mikinoz
04-04-2010, 07:16 PM
I didn't much like the mkv when it was released, but now own one and quite like it.

Same goes for this revision Id say.

Justin Fox
05-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Guys this is VBulletin 4, it's the bomb. We run it on VWGolf.net.au and have tweaked it up just nice. It's an absolute PAIN to tweak but it's well worth it. There's no better forum software in the world in my opinion. I love it. Great move admin!

moniker
20-04-2010, 10:30 PM
I don't mind the newer look, except I don't like the following.

-I used to be able to mouse over a post and the whole initial post would pop up (tool-tip?) - this no longer seems to happen, so now you need to click on an entry just to read the whole thing.

-The whole forum feels slower now also.

EdIt, I don't believe it - after a few weeks of it not working, and 2 minutes after my post, now the 'mouse over' seems to work !!

So my only remaining issue is the sluggishness :)