PDA

View Full Version : scirocco splutter

jasonO
03-04-2010, 09:08 PM
i drove it to work the other night and in the morning after my shift on startup it started spluttering and running like a dog. I seems to rev ok sometimes but under load it misses and splutters and carries on occasionally stalling..Before looking into fuel filter and plugs and ignition its a strange one because when i turn car off then on it kicks back into life for a moment occasionally acting normal for a moment, I checked engine bay as much as i could and i found on the right hand side towards back of engine near the manifold a metal bracket with what looks like an earth attached to it along with a crimp to clip on to cables or maybe hoses.this is flaoating loose.It meets up with some main cables and i think it was brown.could this be the cause of my troubles.at some stage the light flashed below the temp gauge..could this be a clue

roccodingo
03-04-2010, 09:57 PM
Brown wiring is an earth ( eurpoean wiring code ) so check and see if the other end is attached to the bodywork or Ignition control unit base.

jasonO
03-04-2010, 10:31 PM
The other end is the main bunch of leads.The loose end is screwed on to metal bracket that by the distance looks like it might bolt on to manifold or engine around where manifold is. brown earth has been fitted. still have problem. only have problems once car warms up runs fine for few minutes can get to the same street and problems return.hopefully just a coolant temp sender or relays.its put a damper on my blue slip and getting the car on the road.