PDA

View Full Version : Extreme Tape...what a beauty!

pommy_golfer
23-03-2007, 01:19 PM
One of my hoses on my VR had a slit in it and its the expensive one that branches off in 3 different directions ($165.00 from VAG), i was told it would take a few weeks to get here from Germany so i went searching for alternatives and came up with Exterme tape....i dont know if any of you guys have heard of it before but this stuff is the dogs danglees...looks like black electical tape but its better, very stretchy stuff, it bonds to itself and is made of some sort of silicone composite so once its on, its on. it sticks to itself and once warmed up, it moulds to itself and to the hose (or whatever you use it for), it can be used on alot of things including exhausts, hoses, pipes, electrics etc.....

Its probably a good idea to buy some (10 bucks at supercheap autos and 15 bucks in autoone) and keep it in the boot.....handy stuff guys!!!

http://www.kk.org/cooltools/archives/001240.php

check it out boys and girls!

Tim
23-03-2007, 03:08 PM
sounds like something worth having just in your car toolkit to me! good find. especially with VRs getting on in years a bit they are starting to spring leaks!

D.I.T
26-03-2007, 12:13 PM
Did it work ok?

pommy_golfer
26-03-2007, 03:07 PM
I put this stuff on the hoses Thursday night i think, in preperation for a nice long drive up to the central coast (the Entrance) and it held like a beauty...i think i did about 250 k's there and back with all the driving in between and its perfect, no loss of pressure or coolant...so i would definately recommened it....get it from supercheap it was 5 bucks cheaper than auto one!

brackie
26-03-2007, 05:08 PM
Well done Pommy Golfer... That's the sort of gem that we need :)