PDA

View Full Version : VIC EOI: Moving overseas in a few months, modded Polo GTI will have to go :(

RhysQ
01-04-2010, 07:36 PM
Hey all,

Never thought this day would come so soon but my recent trip has hooked me, so I'm out of here. At this stage it's just an expression of interest as I'm moving to the US later in the year, but if someone comes up with a good offer it's all yours. I'm in QLD at the moment but am moving to Melb in a couple of weeks so will be for sale down there soon.

So....

Its a 2006 model Polo GTI, silver in colour with about 58,000km's on the clock. Mods are as follows:

- leather interior from factory
- black v painted bonnet with red pinstriping
- black painted roof
- colour coded front, side and rear skirts
- Seat Cupra R front lip
- black front VW badge
- APR V2 chip
- Seat PD160 larger intake pipe
- BMC oiled air filter
- Turbosmart Kompact Series Dual Port BOV
- H&R 35mm lowering springs
- 17x8 and 17x7.5 low offset IMPUL RS 2-piece racing wheels
- EBC Greenstuff brake pads
- 2x Pirelli P-Zero Nero tyres up front 50% tread, 2x Marangoni Zeta Linea tyres at the back, little bit less tread
- Kenwood XXV-01D 25th Anniversary head unit - top of the range $1,000 when new
- darkest legal tint (35%)
- Gloss black B-Pillars

Car has been dyno'd at 123.8 kW at the wheels, so it is VERY good power to weight.

I am absolutely fastidious with this car, it gets professionally handwashed ONLY inside and out every week. I refuse to use the steel brushes at carlovers :(

It has never seen a race track or a drag strip, I simply refuse to do that to my car. It has been VERY reliable to me, never broken down, never skipped a beat.

Have just had the front strut mounts and bearings replaced and will do the 60,000 km service before it is sold.
Just had a new battery put in about a month ago.
Just renewed rego (QLD) today for 12 months. Can drive in another state with QLD rego til it runs out.

This is all I can think of at the moment, will add more details as I remember them.

Looking for around $19,000. Bought the car for $25,000 with just the APR chip in 2008, so I think this is a pretty good asking price.

PM any interest please.

the following pics were taken before i added the front lip and blackened the front badge... will get more recent pics soon :)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/08/polopaint6-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/08/polopaint3-1.jpg
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/06/polofront2-1.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Rhys

RhysQ
03-04-2010, 09:50 AM
seems pretty tough trying to offload Polo's these days... there are a few for sale.

RhysQ
08-04-2010, 07:37 AM
SOOOOLD!! :D Thanks for looking people, some lucky bastard now owns my car :(

STOIE
08-04-2010, 08:18 AM
Would have been interested but needed a five door.
Hopefully the new owner loves and cares for it as much as you did!

Sad thing to see go...

badgerboards
08-04-2010, 02:28 PM
i would buy this if my car was sold hahaha.

AusScare
08-04-2010, 02:39 PM
wow 7 days to sell, that's bloody lucky mate, congrats.

RhysQ
10-04-2010, 07:51 PM
only took 1 day mate haha. just posted the 'sold' notice up late.

cjeff
15-04-2010, 05:35 PM
damn, i would have bought it too if I'd seen the for sale add in time - I've been car less for 3 weeks now...