PDA

View Full Version : 2010 Victorian SuperSprint Championships

Peter Jones
29-03-2010, 08:17 PM
http://www.vssc.org.au/

First round this weekend Sunday April 4 at Sandown.

Just completed the entry tonight at the last minute.

We were told about this at the last PIARC sprint but I forgot to look into assuming something would be posted out.

Bruce (WaterBoy Snr) reminded me that it was coming up soon.

Wish me luck! This is a step up from what I've been doing.

I'll be running White in modified street car 1601-2000cc.

It's a 3 round series held at Sandown, Phillip Island and then Winton.

Pete

Jarred
29-03-2010, 09:06 PM
Good luck Pete!

I'll be out there soon too!

(finally)

Peter Jones
31-03-2010, 07:27 PM
Entry confirmed. Must say that the Fiat club is extremely well organised and is awesome to deal with, should be a great day.

An additional requirement of entry was that you had to prove that you'd competed in sprints previously. I guess they want to keep the newbies off the track.

I guess this means I've gone from club to state level racing :eek: how did that happen?

Pete

Geoffrey Hale
31-03-2010, 07:49 PM
Good stuff Pete. Hope you have a good day.... cheers ... Geoff

qsilverza
31-03-2010, 07:55 PM
Was going to enter but away in Syd will be down for next rounds, so see you there Pete be interested to see. Something to note is the regs say a car that wont pass road regs wont run at sandown.

See how you go, I found that a strange clause how can you win if you cant race lol.

Peter Jones
31-03-2010, 08:28 PM
Sandown's got some very strict noise control policies in place a lot of the regs are around that.

There are classes for Open Wheelers, stock street cars and everything in between.

My car falls squarely into one of the in between classes, Modified Street Car.

The bit you're referring to is

‘Road Car’ means an original production car or a production car modified from original
which is capable of being authorised by Government authority (via registration or permit)
for use on public roads in Australia.

Mine's street registered so there'll be no issues there.

The clause itself is a little debatable as they also recommend roll cages which as we know registration agencies have many issues with.

The word "capable" allows for some flexibility as this would include the "capability " to register a car under the street rod scheme with all it's inherent engineering requirements. This pretty much allows for anything with lights, wipers, mudguards and tread on the tyres to run.

Of course every thing's open to the scrutineers assessment but by and large if it's trackworthy and look likes a street car there shouldn't be any issues.

Pete

Peter Jones
04-04-2010, 05:58 AM
All packed up and ready to roll! Scrutineering is from 7:15. Hope to see some of you out there, looks like the weather will be perfect!

Pete

Peter Jones
05-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Here's the photos Jodie took during the day.

Youtube slide show should work well in this new forum software.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2wjZr-AXIOQ

Pete

Peter Jones
05-04-2010, 12:13 PM
Video from track side and in the pits.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebivg9A3Gps