PDA

View Full Version : Vw 2010 btcc

velly_16v_cab
29-03-2010, 11:34 AM
AMD have entered a mk5 Golf into this years BTCC

thread build and pics here

http://bbs.rsownersclub.co.uk/showthread.php?t=258542&page=1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6eaKJlxintI

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/03/4459747274_af84753cd8_o800x600-1.jpg

looks great :)

GoLfMan
29-03-2010, 11:59 AM
sweeeet :D

team_v
29-03-2010, 12:04 PM
Mother of god!
That thing looks tops.

Best of luck to them.

GOLFBALLS
25-04-2010, 11:31 PM
Just watched the first round at Thruxton on ONE HD tonight. It's a back-of-the-grid runner at the moment but it's early days and obviously doesn't have the massive budget of the front runners.
Hollamby had a big sideways moment in race two but somehow saved it, but then in race three it looked like some kind of mechanical failure on the start/finish straight.

Great series though and some really super aggressive racing!

phaeton
26-04-2010, 09:20 AM
Most boring series I've ever watched I miss the Quattros vs the Volvos vs Laguna and Accords etc.

GOLFBALLS
26-04-2010, 01:12 PM
Most boring series I've ever watched I miss the Quattros vs the Volvos vs Laguna and Accords etc.

Thanks for that positivity and 'whats happening in the now' focus you have there:rolleyes: Did you even watch it last night?

Sure they may have been better racing days, but they're over for now.

Anyway, It's far more entertaining than V8 supercars, Nascars, and many F1 races.

Tim
26-04-2010, 01:35 PM
its on tv right now actually

phaeton
26-04-2010, 02:37 PM
Thanks for that positivity and 'whats happening in the now' focus you have there:rolleyes: Did you even watch it last night?

Sure they may have been better racing days, but they're over for now.

Anyway, It's far more entertaining than V8 supercars, Nascars, and many F1 races.

Yes I did and if the editors had not skipped laps so many times and focused more than skipping every 5 seconds to another frame it may have been better viewing (yes its hard putting 3 races in an hour but there is a better way of doing it eg WRC over 3 shows covers 3 days).

The Golf only appeared twice but they're new to BTCC.

DTM, F1 & Nascar all have better editing than itv's BTCC

Tim
26-04-2010, 02:44 PM
DTM, F1 & Nascar all have better editing than itv's BTCC

None of those series have the crazy red haze afflicted drivers like the BTCC! The racing is always interesting to watch with some really close battles and cars falling off the track quite often. The only thing better to watch is Carrera cup in the wet :D

Shame about the Golf. Being a new car seems to be suffering some teething problems. Hopefully they get the car sorted and can be closer to the pointy end in future.

Preen59
26-04-2010, 06:07 PM
I didn't think the BTCC was around anymore!!

Nice! Must read up.. :)

beeza
27-04-2010, 06:18 PM
None of those series have the crazy red haze afflicted drivers like the BTCC! The racing is always interesting to watch with some really close battles and cars falling off the track quite often. The only thing better to watch is Carrera cup in the wet :D

Shame about the Golf. Being a new car seems to be suffering some teething problems. Hopefully they get the car sorted and can be closer to the pointy end in future.

Yeah i agree, but also don't forget that some tracks suit certain cars more. Some tracks are dominated by BMWs and some by Hondas and so on.
Last season was quite exciting but yeah, you simply can't beat the Super Tourer days.

geoff_gti
28-04-2010, 11:07 PM
I watched the rerun on Monday as well. Quiet exciting to watch on what looked like a pretty tight track in places! A fair bit of action, watching several cars run off into the tyrewalls with a puncture etc - esp the XR5 that launched itself into a wall, or the battle between that yellow M6 and Porsche which resulted in the M6 spinning off and recovering. Makes a change to V8 supercars with so many different cars on the track. Pity the Golf didn't finish but sounds like they're a new car so things should pick up for them!