PDA

View Full Version : diesel pump station

origin
21-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Hi Guys,

I got Passat TDI 07. This was the first time I was fill up my car. I suprised the pipe from diesel pump. It didnot go the whole way into my tank. It was only 1/4 of the pipe. I need to squees the handle gentle otherwise the diesel will throw out. I got sticker on my tank door no bio diesel. I used mobile servo.
:???:
How do you guy fill-up your diesel car?

Any tips or suggestion ?;)

thanks
origin

brackie
21-03-2007, 11:42 AM
There are two types of delivery nozzle used by servos: high volume and low volume. The high volume nozzle is for trucks and has a larger diameter. High volume pumps are usually away from the main refueling area because trucks can't get in there, while the low volume pumps are under cover.
Low volume nozzles should go far enough into the filler neck to give no problems. There's a set of restricting fingers in the Golf's filler neck to stop the high volume nozzle going any further. I tried to take a digital of them but my camera is RS.

origin
21-03-2007, 01:44 PM
Hi Brackie,

First thank you for clear this to me.

ok mobil servo near my place (opposite my house). It has only 1 diesel pump.
it is outside. no under the roof. I asked the counter where was the diesel pump. He showed me outside the roof. No wonder It was hard to fill this diesel I need to do it slow. It took me 30mins to fill up the whole tank.:(

will it cause any damage to my car? I filled up.:???:

Maybe I need to go to other servo that have a diesel pump under the roof.

Regards
origin

gldgti
21-03-2007, 09:10 PM
you wont damage your car by filling it that way, BUT you might damage your enthusiasm.

find another servo with an undercover pump, the pump will have a much smaller nozzle and you will be able to fill it without any problem.

good luck

aydan

vw50
06-11-2007, 10:05 AM
Hi Origin:

Re diesel fuel best to check what the cetane rating is as you used mobil. The VW TDI requires at least a 51 cetane rating (similar to RON in petrol). I've check Shell, they indicate a 49 cetane; BP indicate 51. I now use BP in my 07 passat tdi. Low cetane apparently mucks up the performance etc. Also BP have a winter fuel, and in cold climates an alpine diesel.

vw 50

95vr6
06-11-2007, 11:27 AM
I have tried all diesel fuels in my T5, shell, mobil, caltex, forget allthose and use Bp only, i average about 50 more k's to a tank and also cheaper. I use motormouth.com.au for fuel pricing where ever you are in sydney.

Lams
06-11-2007, 12:25 PM
My caddy likes the high flow pump... can fill up in under 2 min! :)

The_Hawk
06-11-2007, 01:06 PM
My caddy likes the high flow pump... can fill up in under 2 min! :)

My Mk1 used to play nice with it too :D

Only problem is when the only pump at the local servo is outside and it's raining :(

origin
06-11-2007, 02:24 PM
Hi All,

I will try BP next time. I used Motormouth but BP the most expensive for diesel in My areas Brookvale. Thank you for your advise and support. Ole ole ole ole melb cup

Cheers

Origin

BeigeJet
21-11-2007, 04:17 PM
Hi Origin:

Re diesel fuel best to check what the cetane rating is as you used mobil. The VW TDI requires at least a 51 cetane rating (similar to RON in petrol). I've check Shell, they indicate a 49 cetane; BP indicate 51. I now use BP in my 07 passat tdi. Low cetane apparently mucks up the performance etc. Also BP have a winter fuel, and in cold climates an alpine diesel.

vw 50

vw50,

I'm in Melbourne and given that the only 2 refineries in VIV are either Shell or Mobil, where does Caltex and BP get their diesel from? I can't imagine that either of the 2 refineries would be producing a different fuel rating for BP then their own (assuming they are supplying BP and Caltex).

Note I am tied to Caltex because of my novated lease arrangements and haven't had any concerns. So far anyway.

Any opinions or knowledge from anyone would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

OilBurna
20-12-2007, 06:33 AM
i work at BP - we get it from Mobil....