PDA

View Full Version : prices for dash matt, floor matts bonnet protectro

acdcfan
20-03-2007, 09:24 PM
Hi ppl

does anybody now prices for:

1. dash matt

2. floor matts

3. bonnet protector (especially this one 'cos i don't want to have any more chips on my bonnet)

it is fine if you are in Brissy, Melb or Sydney but someone from Perth would be very much appreciated

brackie
21-03-2007, 05:55 AM
Mostly you have to buy from the stealer as few aftermarket accessories are available in Oz.
ebay UK and US has a fair selection but freight is a problem for bulky/heavy stuff. Hong Kong manufacturers regularly advertise on ebay and have very reasonable prices.
I refused to pay $125 for a set of mud flaps from the dealer so I went off to Supercheap and bought some generic types and after (very enjoyable) modification by making mountings now have genuine-looking rears. There was no way I could get the generics to fit the shape of the front lower arches but I'm on the look out for some that are easier to modify.
Most people who see the rears reckon they look genuine.
Car mats are also very expensive but again I bought generics and cut/shaped them to fit.
http://home.iprimus.com.au/mundy/vw/mudflap.jpg

BlackVr6ix
21-03-2007, 08:02 AM
you can get aftermarket fitted mats for $99, dash mat (if available) $49.99, and stick on bonnet protector for ~$50.

Prices from normal at most autobarn stores, if they ask you the supplier the mats are from its premiere Classic mats in Adelaide. The dash mat is aunger and stick on bonnet protector is altrex.

acdcfan
31-03-2007, 01:31 PM
you can get aftermarket fitted mats for $99, dash mat (if available) $49.99, and stick on bonnet protector for ~$50.

Prices from normal at most autobarn stores, if they ask you the supplier the mats are from its premiere Classic mats in Adelaide. The dash mat is aunger and stick on bonnet protector is altrex.

Thanks

I but there is one problem ...............
No AutOBarn store in WA :(

But will keep my eye out when one opens..............

shogun2
31-03-2007, 05:11 PM
Dash mats from Haighs:
http://www.haigh.com.au/www_dashmats_com_au/
I have them on both my Golf and Multivan.
The standard mat was about $45, but you can get different colour trims and printing on them as well.

acdcfan
31-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Dash mats from Haighs:
http://www.haigh.com.au/www_dashmats_com_au/
I have them on both my Golf and Multivan.
The standard mat was about $45, but you can get different colour trims and printing on them as well.

will look at their web site
thanks shogun2 :D

mitch_gti
31-03-2007, 10:08 PM
so you guys buy nice new Golfs and then buy what are in my opinion cheap looking bits and pieces to stick on ur car?

If it were me I would spend an extra 50 bucks and get the OEM thing, especially made for the car.

shogun2
01-04-2007, 12:16 PM
When I spoke to my dealer about a dash mat they said they would get one for me from one of the Oz makers - and charge me extra for the privilege. They suggested I go direct to the likes of Sunland. I didn't know that VWG had OEM ones.

acdcfan
01-04-2007, 09:58 PM
so you guys buy nice new Golfs and then buy what are in my opinion cheap looking bits and pieces to stick on ur car?

If it were me I would spend an extra 50 bucks and get the OEM thing, especially made for the car.

there are times when you have to stop and say that certain things being sold are ripoff nothing else...... and that may include dash matts, floor matts or bonnet protectors

jets
01-04-2007, 10:55 PM
I bought a sunland dash mat in grey[right decision rather than black] for $42 from Sprints. almost all suppliers would be able to source one for you.
My original carpet inserts, mudflaps, bonnet protector etc. were ordered with the car for around half the price of buying seperately.[accessory pack]
I have since bought the genuine rubber mat inserts for the front only for $91.55. I am planning on keeping this car for a long time, which means the cost is spread over say 15 years.
I originally thought I would only use these in winter but they have been left in ever since.

acdcfan
28-04-2007, 11:07 AM
I bought a sunland dash mat in grey[right decision rather than black] for $42 from Sprints. almost all suppliers would be able to source one for you.

I got a black dash mat fro Sunland for $36.00 through couple of friends and it fits perfectly. Now I am on a look out for a bonnet protector, as for floor mats they can wait because i used my old ones and cut them out( only drivers side) didn't bother with passenger side.

lavna
29-04-2007, 08:01 AM
i priced dealer mats and they cost 200 dollars

tofo17
30-04-2007, 04:58 PM
i priced dealer mats and they cost 200 dollars

Makes me glad they come standard (front and back) in the Jetta :D

acdcfan
01-05-2007, 08:51 PM
Makes me glad they come standard (front and back) in the Jetta :D

you most probably paid for them but not $200.00. they are included in the cost of you new car, just not shown

acdcfan
03-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Does anyone know what type of windscreen washer fluid VW uses?
I like the smell of it and would mind paying $8-$10 for a litre of it:cool: