PDA

View Full Version : CC Drivers!!

tessie
23-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Right, I've had my CC for a couple of months now, and I'm appreciating it more
as time passes. Mainly because its different, I don't think I could stand being in a commo or falcon, not because they're inferior, but just so boringly common.
Now for a question, has any CC owner got cause for complaint, for any reason.
I'd love to get any feed-back from fellow CC owners. Cheers.

arbour
23-03-2010, 06:37 PM
hi no cause for complaint here I recently drove a mates 3 series BMW which cost 10k more than my CC and while it drove better (RWD) the interior was not a nice it just didn't feel as polished a product as the CC. Haven't regretted it getting it one bit.

dundav
27-03-2010, 09:15 PM
Hi, have had my CC TDi just over 7 months now, and love it. Build quality is really great. I'm continually amazed by the fuel economy - averaging around 5.7 l/100 km in predominantly city driving. Had 7500km service recently, and was surprised that oil change was not recommended. Would highly recommend the CC to anyone thinking about buying one.

Leagle
30-03-2010, 11:43 AM
I am 4 months into CC ownership and so far, it has been an overwhelmingly positive experience.

I did consider a new Ford G6ET (a great aussie car in its own right) but am glad I paid a premium for the CC product. In fact even a die hard Ford loving friend of mine has agreed I made the right choice.

Conversely, I also considered a few more expensive cars (even Merc AMG C63!) but my Merc driving friends concede that the VW is far, far better value than any Merc I could have bought - though lets call spade a spade, the CC is no C63 in performance but I reckon it still looks better lol.

The negatives?

A few people who have driven my car reckon the brakes are overly sensitive (though I am used to them).

I have now had 2 other cars park millimetres away from my front bumper bar and other drivers always want to cut in front of me (maybe they want to test Front Assist - which I didn't option on mine lol). But yea, I guess other drivers/road users reaction's are almost polarised: they will either admire the car (it is a beautiful car) or (jealously?) react to it!

Best car I have owned so far? Easily.

Oh yea, I love the modesty thing too: I only drive a VW you know...

Rocket36
30-03-2010, 01:50 PM
Since you mentioned it, I thought I'd throw this into the mix... The G6ET is such good value for money. I've always preferred Holden but they can't match the G6ET for value and performance with ANYTHING in the Holden range at all. There was a new G6ET on display at the Grand Prix and it was unlocked. I was seriously impressed by it for sub $40k drive away!!! Plus the metalic gunmetal grey looked AWESOME!

But the C63 AMG is awesome and kills it on looks and performance but for more than three times the price and less room! If I had money to burn, I'd EASILY have a C63 AMG... :D

tessie
30-03-2010, 04:52 PM
Good to read your thoughts Guys, appreciated. I have two business associates
with AMG C63's, both black, and I've been for a spin in both of them. Now I appreciate my CC, but its no AMG C63. That said, its 3 times the money. I've been approached 3 or 4 times now by guys very impressed with the looks of the CC. Says it all.

Hooligan
01-04-2010, 12:31 AM
The ford is crap from the moment you open the door

Rocket36
01-04-2010, 07:19 AM
The ford is crap from the moment you open the door

LOL!!! That's the most misguided statement I've seen for a while. When you consider the price you pay, it's a BLOODY GOOD package.

R34
01-04-2010, 09:30 AM
Unbelievably I agree with Rocket.

Lams
01-04-2010, 01:31 PM
poor Ford... finally they design a well package great value for money car that deserves our attention and yet
none of us bought it

tryingavw
01-04-2010, 01:56 PM
poor Ford... finally they design a well package great value for money car that deserves our attention and yet
none of us bought it

I reckon they look sharp - better than commodes.

and they drive ok as well.

But the fuel economy is a bit horrible.

tessie
01-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Before buying the CC, I looked at a few alternatives. One of them was a G6E turbo. Lot of car for the money, but after having a real good look at it I could'nt get past the lack of refinement on the inside and the outside. Even Rocket would have to agree thats why we buy German built cars, the attention to detail and build quality plus higher tech innovation is why we buy them. A Ford Falcon is still a Ford Falcon, but the driving refinement of Aussie cars sure has come a long way.

Rocket36
01-04-2010, 03:14 PM
Agreed! But it's also almost HALF the on-road cost of the R36 when both are brand new... I'm talking on purely a value for money point of view here.

age7875
01-04-2010, 03:47 PM
I seriroulsy looked the G6E Turbo too.

It is not nearly half.

I paid very low 60s on the road, the best deals going around on the G6E Turbo were in the very high 40s (approx 10-12k difference).

However most of the difference should be re-gained on resale value.

The key selling points in going for the R36 were;

- refinment
- resale
- technology (in particular DSG)
- the seats!
- Fords way too common
- handling
- engine note

Rocket36
01-04-2010, 04:03 PM
Realistic R36 on road cost is closer to $70k (in the ACT) and is actually almost exactly what I paid.

You can get a G6E Turbo on the road for sub $40k. That's ALMOST half where I learnt maths.

age7875
01-04-2010, 04:26 PM
Absolutely no way you can get a G6E Turbo on the road for under $40K. You are dreaming.

You will struggle to get a 2nd hand one for under $40K (just had a look at carsales.com.au). Cheapest is $39,250 and that has over 36,000 kms (and there is 168 of them on sale).

Most people on the Ford Forums paid around $50K on the road, I did plenty of research before buying the R36.

Rocket36
01-04-2010, 04:45 PM
OK whoops! I was looking at the G6E non Turbo...

Swallowtail
01-04-2010, 04:48 PM
Yup... and given that an option-free R36 can be put on the road for 63 / 64K with Corp Plus discount, makes it look like even beter value LOL.

Rocket36
01-04-2010, 04:49 PM
Yup... and given that an option-free R36 can be put on the road for 63 / 64K with Corp Plus discount, makes it look like even beter value LOL.

Majority won't be getting a Corp Plus discount. MOST new R36 sales will be around $70k on road.

tessie
01-04-2010, 06:40 PM
My 2c worth, the R36 is absolutely worth $20k over a G6ET, you get what you pay for......usually.

Highlander
01-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Majority won't be getting a Corp Plus discount. MOST new R36 sales will be around $70k on road.

With a little bit of research, I think it would be pretty hard to find someone who would not be entitled to a corporate discount.

marckhor
01-04-2010, 08:08 PM
Anyone knows when the Passat CC R version is being released here. Will they be sold with 5 seats?

Hooligan
02-04-2010, 12:06 AM
Maybe go to a ford forum and brag about it there. LOL

Leagle
06-04-2010, 10:22 AM
Lol, we should rename this thread CC vs Ford G6ET! I think I started it!

Its actually very interesting that many people who have bought CC (or R36) have considered the Ford Falcon G6ET. I think that this cross-shopping/comparing these cars flatters both marques (Ford and VW). They are both producing some fine cars.

However, given I have just caught up with this thread, I thought I would add a further two cents worth:

1. Its surprising how similar (dimension wise, even some styling cues!) these cars actually are when compared side by side in the flesh!

2. To the comments that suggest that the VW (V6 CC) is double the money over a Ford G6ET, that is not quite true. The official RRP of both cars are actually very similar. A "base" (optionless) V6 CC can be had for under $70K on road (maybe even mid 60s). Conversely a new G6ET costs around the same ($65k). Having said that, at the end of the day, I was more than happy to pay almost $25K more for my (nearly) fully optioned - and newly minted - CC (mid $70s) compared to a low mileage but very tired looking "demo" G6ET(sub $50K) that I was looking at.

3. There is no doubt that despite the fact that Ford has gone a long way with quality and refinement, it still doesn't compare to the VW product. I reckon if Ford did two simple things to the G6ET (fit quality seats that still looked new after a few 1000 kays AND had a dash which was able to be fully illuminated during the day) I may have actually bought the Ford. Its these small things that the bean counters don't realise matter to us prestige segment buyers!

Highlander
07-04-2010, 02:54 PM
I have to say that my CC TDI is boring. It seems to cover long distances and you don't even feel like you have driven anywhere. I don't get to stop at service stations very often any more so I miss out on chocolate. After a few thousand kilometres it has become a car I don't even think about. I miss out on road noise and what little there is seems to be muffled by what I consider a good quality standard sound system (I'm no audiophile).

With adaptive cruise control, the thing has a mind of its own ands takes me up the motorway to Sydney in an alien controlled capsule, accelerating and braking when it gets the messages from its electronic masters.

After a good detail with a Saturday morning class and products from Car Care Products even the joy of car washing is diluted as the thing tends to be so slippery and easy to wash.

It also has the ability to morph itself into a Golf if I don't sometimes get to the garage before my daughter, who apparently doesn't find the CC anywhere near as boring as I do. (with some lame excuse like "I was late for work and couldn't find my keys")

And no thrills or adrenalin rush from squeezing into a tight parking spot either. This boring CC is even parked by the electronic aliens

Many years ago, I read articles about the "Character" of European cars, especially when I was heavily into Fiats. 1960s Minis had character. In all character equated to quirkiness and was what you used to justify your purchase of a car with its "inherent characteristics - Fiats would rust in a fog.

I pray that my CC doesn't develop "Character"

If you are brutally honest with yourself, there are precious few places where you can legally and safely "use" your car these days, other than a comfortable, safe and convenient means of getting you from A to B. Public roads are not places to play - although I do recall on this forum how an R36 owner has "justified" his liking for drifting around roundabouts. :mad:

If you want to play games with your car there are places to do it but that's not public roads.

The above rant influenced my choice of the TDI over the V6 and I stll look longingly at CCs with the fan wheels instead of the slow 5 spoke wheels.

Overall, I hope this car just stays this boring. I don't want to be excited by VW Service or lack thereof, or by a DSG transmission which I love but of whose long term reliability I am yet to be totally convinced.

There's is one little disappointment. Occasionally, and only occasionally, when I so much as think of taking control from the electronic aliens, they send blinding lights into the cabin via the brushed aluminium on the dashboard. Better than my VZ Holden ute though. You can't even see the instrument cluster at midday.

team_v
07-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Anyone knows when the Passat CC R version is being released here. Will they be sold with 5 seats?

Won't be sold here.
Europe, North America and NZ get it but we don't.

I believe there was an optional rear seat upgrade to 5 seats in EU but don't know if it made it out here.

tessie
08-04-2010, 07:37 PM
To Highlander (My CC is boring)....I almost felt like we were linked telepathically, thats just like something I'd write. Yeah I really appreciate my CC too, and our DSG's won't give us a minutes grief...I hope. Would'nt matter anyway would it?, is'nt that just character?

Highlander
08-04-2010, 10:04 PM
To Highlander (My CC is boring)....I almost felt like we were linked telepathically, thats just like something I'd write. Yeah I really appreciate my CC too, and our DSG's won't give us a minutes grief...I hope. Would'nt matter anyway would it?, is'nt that just character?

Thought of something else boring about this car. I see Golf drivers waving at each other and flashing lights, GTIs especially, R36 wagons even have a specialspotting thread but in 6 months of ownership i have only seen less than 10 CCs on the road (one of them is the V6 I cancelled) so we don't even get much to wave to or flash our lights at.

Leagle
09-04-2010, 11:32 AM
Hey Highlander (my CC was boring), you know what I have the V6 Passat CC and (gasp) a lot of your comments STILL apply to my car! The lack of road noise, the self service gadgets (even though I don't have adaptive cruise, it still seems to do everything for me automatically), the way all trips seem super short, yep it seems to be a tad boring.

Then I tap the DSG of my V6 CC into Sports mode, put my foot down, and it growls with excitement. Problem is: its too quick and you don't feel it. The speed signs say 50, and it only takes 2 seconds to get there!

The more I think about it, I reckon the diesel was a sensible choice Highlander. But for the 1% of the time that you can actually exploit some of the V6's performance....

gerhard
09-04-2010, 06:35 PM
It's quite amusing in a sense - Ford's downward spiral started with the AU and its radical (ugly) styling. The current cars still have the same basic shape and the low sales seem to indicate people still haven't forgiven Ford for this visual disaster. Ford tried to make amends by improving the car's dynamics to the extent that everyone agrees the Falcon is mostly much better than the Commodore, but sales are still poor.

Back to what's amusing - Merc made a car that looked identical to the AU (or did Ford copy the Merc? doesn't really matter), and now the CC is basically the same shape as well. To my eye the Merc was equally fugly with the AU, but the CC takes the same lines and the result is pure classy looks.

Her ladyship & I looked at the CC when it seemed the GTI was going to God (hail), and she said something like "you would look 'right' driving this car - it suits your age group more than the GTI ...........

Sharkie
12-04-2010, 09:48 AM
The CC is now available with 5 seats overseas .... trying to widen its market appeal I presume .... will it make it with 5 seats to Oz ?

Hooligan
12-04-2010, 10:08 AM
Yes it has been officialy anounced from VWA
$400 option for middle seat

Swallowtail
12-04-2010, 10:10 AM
And I have to say that had it been available with the 5th seat I'd have bought it instead of the R... :)

skyva
15-04-2010, 03:44 PM
Is the 5th seat retro fittable or is at a factory fit option only? I was thinking of a CC but I have 1.5 kids already and the wife wants another. I wont be taking them everywhere but it would be good if the whole family could fit for the next 3 years.

ccbloke
24-04-2010, 01:26 PM
Having just become a CC owner, there's no doubt in my mind that this car is outstanding value for money (let's hope it doesn't give me problems in the future or my opinion may change).

Regarding the Falcon G6ET comments earlier in the thread - it offers great bang for your buck also. Sub $40k though is not achievable on a brand new car - Ford staff pricing is substantially more than that.

The Falcon has plenty of grunt, is quite well optioned, and is the best looking Falcon they've produced (imo). Having had one as a company car for a while, it lets itself down in silly areas - eg, Bluetooth temperamental with iPhone, rattle(s), camera and sensors packing up after 6000 kms, cabin fit and finish disappointing). Even if you could buy one for $40k, you'd be very peeved at this lack of attention to detail.

Back to the CC, as a newbie to the product and the brand, it is a pleasure to drive and look at!

Cheers.

Guest1306
24-04-2010, 01:36 PM
Yes it has been officialy anounced from VWA
$400 option for middle seat

I must of missed that bulletin?