PDA

View Full Version : NSW Subaru 2004 WRX STI track car

parso_rex
23-03-2010, 03:54 PM
Reluctantly I will be selling my 2004 STI I have to move into something european for my own purposes plus the mrs is pregnant again so a revamp of the whole fleet is required LOL.Damn !!
If anyone would like to spread the work it would be much appreciated. The car will go in carsales after the VW/Audi dyno day. Yes its being replaced by something nice from the VAG range

Info.........
The car has just clocked 43,000 kms so it has very low Kms compared to most. Its pretty well setup atm with amazing power, well I like to think so
Latest run for those solely interested in bragging rights is 361Kw atw on a mainline dyno with cats and a Hitech 3" muffler i.e no funny business on shell 98 pump. I was 'only' 335 or something at Last Octobers VW/Audi Dyno day at Mainline Revesby
This car has been tuned properly by Recode@Port Hacking Automotive, errm yes that does mean me.The engine was built by Southern Motor Works.
I built up this car with a deluded idea that having kids and lots of track days would be an easy task but with two kids an another on the way I simply do not have the time.

For those that don't know heres a list of mods

Engine/Drivetrain
2.5L sleeved Block with 14mm headstud conversion & Nitrided crank
Pauter Conrods
CP forged pistons with 2.8mm oil ring
ARP bolts and ACL bearings used through out - clearances set up for track use
Ported 04 STI ADM heads 14mm headstuds, fitted with Kelford 264 AVCS cams and JUN springs and retainers

Daikin/Exeddy twin plate clutch
Plated rear differential
Cartboy shortshift kit

Fuel System
Bosch 040 pump in engine bay
In-tank Walbro Lift pump mounted on Jap spec C pickup
Sard fuel pressure regulator
MRT fuel rails
Sard 800 cc injectors

Electronics
Autronic SM4 PnP ECU 1.09 firmware. The ECU will be unlocked and the cal files used through out supplied along with everything
Knocklink
Greddy boost guage

Turbo and Associated parts
Garrett GT3582R turbo located on rotated mount custom setup. Turbine is V-band 0.82 AR, 4" intake with Pod,
Turbo blanket
Hyperflow remote oil cooler
Hyperflow "monster" FMIC
APS BOV
Tial 38 External Waste Gate dual port, Autronic 3port boost solenoid
3" custom dump and hiflow metal cat connected to Hitech 3" oval muffler

Suspension
STI pink springs - 20mm lower
STI struts
Whiteline ALK and rack mounts
Whiteline 244 adjustable race bars F&R
Ferrodo 2500 pads all round
Kuhmo KU36 tyres (Brand new)on stock STI rims

12 months Registration

and probably a few more things I've forgotten

Hopefully there may be some interest in the complete car as its ready to go as is, obviously the price is not that of a standard 04 STI. At a later stage assuming the car does not sell I'll be parting the whole thing out and reverting the car back to stock and then selling the two seperately perhaps with just the hyperflow front mount and a stage 2 remap. It would be a very nice car in this form with its options and I'd make sure the tune is damned good of course.

With the car and engine seperated it is obviously worth a lot more to me, labour is cheap for me to organise however I'd rather see it go to good use and its sort of a shame to undo the work thats been done
If you have a low Km standard 03,04,05 STI and want a huge leap in power let me know.

http://home.iprimus.com.au/surfleague/Files/Forsale/04STI/04STI_NSWWRX_GFS1large.jpg
http://home.iprimus.com.au/surfleague/File...04STI/index.htm (http://home.iprimus.com.au/surfleague/Files/Forsale/04STI/index.htm)

~350kW Dynorun
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wkYEp7WhXc8

Some more info will be here with more pics and stuff
http://recode.net.au/index.php?p=1_6

Cheers

Mark

PM for details phone etc or email mark@recode.net.au

mikepologti
24-03-2010, 04:29 AM
wholly crap she is looking very nice. well looked after obviously. good luck with the sale.

jamesatfish
24-03-2010, 11:05 AM
Out of curiosity, what sort of times do you turn at Wakefield with that car? Should be a monster around the track!

parso_rex
24-03-2010, 04:19 PM
Out of curiosity, what sort of times do you turn at Wakefield with that car? Should be a monster around the track!

I've only ever done a 1:09~1:10 which was a terrible lap saved only by some Kumho V700s that i had at the time. This was with a different motor and turbo setup too. It would be a lot faster now with a seasoned driver. In any event you can't run this power on the track as the heat generated would quickly kill the motor. This happened to me too hence the new motor. Its fine on the street but not sustained lapping of a circuit. I have a dual map switch to drop boost to 18.5 psi which equates to 275 or kW and it seem fine at that
There are a couple of other guys running similar power 300+ on the track but this has required a complete rethink of cooling and intercooling plus the removal of aircon and so on. I've just pulled the plug the money you can spend its just nuts. I'll still be going along to watch the others though, they'll all be at superlap

Cheers

Mark