PDA

View Full Version : So whos the guy with the VR6 that ripps WRX's??

Kenji
20-03-2007, 06:38 PM
i was reading through this site and I came across
some guy with a vr6 that apparently ripps wrxys

any one know who it is and whats been done to the car??

what kind or wrx it was??

BL33SU
20-03-2007, 07:03 PM
did u read that in the spotted section? LOL
mk3vr6 haha

Kenji
20-03-2007, 07:08 PM
yea I did j:

BL33SU
20-03-2007, 07:14 PM
well i can tell you at the time his car was lowered LOL.. all vr6's beat rexys:D Munch munch REXY for lunch

DubSteve
20-03-2007, 07:21 PM
yea I did j:

That would be me I have done it before, come to the Nationals and see :)

gpk_gti
20-03-2007, 07:47 PM
hehehe,good ol steve vs evo9!! hehe
I ripped many rexys with my ol vr,not much was done to it,pod filter ,zorst but the car never lived under 3000rpm.something to do with self learning computer.more you thrash it,the harder it goes!!! nearly had a punch up once with a rexy because he got the *****s I beat him!!

Kenji
20-03-2007, 08:31 PM
are you guys talking about off the mark or
burning around??
coz a very close to stock vr I don't think it can beat
a wrx even more so a evo
i whooped a integra type s though

Kenji
20-03-2007, 08:33 PM
hehehe,good ol steve vs evo9!! hehe
I ripped many rexys with my ol vr,not much was done to it,pod filter ,zorst but the car never lived under 3000rpm.something to do with self learning computer.more you thrash it,the harder it goes!!! nearly had a punch up once with a rexy because he got the *****s I beat him!!

are you serious about the self learning computer ?? lol

gpk_gti
21-03-2007, 07:18 AM
the person to talk to is tim or mk3vr6.we spoke about this on another thread which I cant find now.aparently the computer automatically alters the mapping.the harder you go ,it learns after a while and keeps the harder settings.i think!!:D

DubSteve
21-03-2007, 08:16 AM
are you guys talking about off the mark or
burning around??
coz a very close to stock vr I don't think it can beat
a wrx even more so a evo
i whooped a integra type s though

Yeah its a stock as a rock for the next week or so lol give or take a few days.

Golfer
21-03-2007, 02:21 PM
I'd believe a VR6 could eat a rex. Not the most intellectual debate, but hey, it goes to show how well engineered the old girls are. Just need a snail hanging off the side and you could go after M3's :D...

I don't want to turn this into a kill thread, but i know for a fact that near stock GL's (the older 2E version) can trounce most pre BA/VZ 6's, and hold their own against mitsubishi 380's as well. Not much perhaps compared to a rex-eating vr6, but remember they're an old 8v!!!

Nice work Steve ;)

Cheers!!!
J:cool:HN

DubSteve
21-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Thanks John,

It wasn't to hard I was doing a burnout at the time lol. Out of nowhere gpk points and I gave chase ;)

Golfer
21-03-2007, 03:24 PM
ROFL :D

I have mentioned it a million times B4, but again - I want a VR6!!!

Considering have NO money at the moment, thanks to working only 2 days a week (so can spend time with Jaz), my VR6 dreams are smouldering at the moment... By the time i can afford one they'll all be thrashed to wrecks! :(

Oh well, there's always insane Mk4 GTI's to aspire to (like GPK's)

J :cool:

moto
21-03-2007, 04:44 PM
Yeh I've done it from a standing start. Theres about half a car length in it on the change to 5th. The VR pulls away further then because the gearing is taller. On the other hand, dont try it from a 50kph start. Once they have their turbos spooled up they're pretty damn quick.

static1800
21-03-2007, 05:04 PM
I want one in my mk2, would love to buy tigars car to do the conversion, then i could eat all you mk3 vr6's :D

ScienceVR6
21-03-2007, 06:48 PM
iv'e taken WRX's, early evo's, and made a STI owner very angry when he couldn't shake me. iv'e also beaton V8 SS commodores, and V8 falcons.
R33 GTS-T's have also felt my rath.

william
21-03-2007, 08:04 PM
the first race i had i faced a nissan s15 200sx on parramata rd i hit 150kph passed ryda car audio and blew him two car lengths,funny the way it started i wouldnt have raced him had he not provoked me he was stirred bc i gave my car a skirt on norton street and everyone freaked and they didnt look at his car lol noobie

sukebe
21-03-2007, 08:10 PM
My mate has a SV6 Commo company car with a cold air intake. My VR6 kills it without fail. Even 3rd gear pulls from 80 to 130 it still wins. To an earlier post, taking on M3s is another story. My Vr has nothing on my dads M3. Maybe with a snail pushing another 80hp it might keep up. At the end of the day, the VR is not that quick, its more of a fun, light, chuckable car through mountain twisties - and I think thats why a lot of us own them. I know its the case for me. Ive owned a lot of high powered cars, and the VR is *almost* as much fun as my old EVO6 through the twisties (Still not a scrap on my old SVIII RX7 with 350rwhp, but hey, it seats 4, use half the fuel, attracts half the insurance premium, and is 1/3 the price). Compared to an older WRX, they provide similar grin value, are cheaper to buy, similar to own and run, and have way better resale value.

Tim
21-03-2007, 08:42 PM
my vr6 is fully hectic bro. I can rip dose WRXs in reverse.

I think we need to be realistic here boys.
Off boost a WRX is a slug. Well the models i have experienced are anyways. So if u catch one off guard you can put them away.

But yeah.. When those things are wound up a vr6 has no chance.

Maybe when Seb finishes his VR6 drag car then we can claim victory over this one

gpk_gti
21-03-2007, 08:54 PM
hehehehhee

william
21-03-2007, 08:56 PM
i agree the figures are right unless we supercharge our vr6s boys we wont beat wrxs but it funny to gee the lebo boys up for a race then turn left

BL33SU
21-03-2007, 09:35 PM
the first race i had i faced a nissan s15 200sx on parramata rd i hit 150kph passed ryda car audio and blew him two car lengths,funny the way it started i wouldnt have raced him had he not provoked me he was stirred bc i gave my car a skirt on norton street and everyone freaked and they didnt look at his car lol noobie

:cool: thumbs up*

Kenji
21-03-2007, 10:37 PM
my vr6 is fully hectic bro. I can rip dose WRXs in reverse.

I think we need to be realistic here boys.
Off boost a WRX is a slug. Well the models i have experienced are anyways. So if u catch one off guard you can put them away.

But yeah.. When those things are wound up a vr6 has no chance.

Maybe when Seb finishes his VR6 drag car then we can claim victory over this one

thank you well thats what I thought:(

MattyT
21-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Supercharging is something I cant get out of my head.
But 150-180kw in a FWD car? Ugh.

DubSteve
21-03-2007, 11:49 PM
Supercharging is something I cant get out of my head.
But 150-180kw in a FWD car? Ugh.

Its just alot of torque steer for me, I don't know.

All I know that my vr6 smashed that wrx like FULISIK ULEEEE!!!!

MattyT
22-03-2007, 12:07 AM
Torque steer sucks. I dont like having to fight it whilst thundering down a straight.

Somebody wave a magick wand and get a RWD conversion kit going :D

(...maybe ill just have to save for a mk4 r32 instead)

KI11Z
22-03-2007, 03:39 AM
. . . At the end of the day, the VR is not that quick . . .

they're very quick for an N/A hatch! In all honesty I havnt lost that many races! The VR never stops amazing me, just cant wait till engine mods arrise . . . itll be a KI11A ;)

pommy_golfer
23-03-2007, 01:07 PM
man i knew the VR was quick, but i didnt think that it would whoop wrxies....thats good to know if ever pull up next to one, which is very likely considering there are more of them here than they are flies......

thats very cool about the self learning computer thing too......i drive mine moderatley so looks llike i may have to revv it up a bit more.......

sukebe
25-03-2007, 09:05 AM
they're very quick for an N/A hatch! In all honesty I havnt lost that many races! The VR never stops amazing me, just cant wait till engine mods arrise . . . itll be a KI11A ;)

I didn't qualify my comment with "N/A hatch". If you think VRs are quick then you obviously haven't been in many truely fast cars. Sure, they have enough poke to put a good grin on your face, to smoke those riced-up Civics, and are light enough to be very chuckable, but try going for a spin in a lightly modded RZ Supra, EVO6/7, late RX7 - the VR is in dreamland there. My VR has a few mods and I am fairly confident it is one of the quicker VRs going around, but trying to take on a WRX on full boost really is dreamin. If it were a 1994 stock Rex with 200k on the clock, you would stick with it. Remembering that most WRXs are gonna have intake and exhaust mods, and probably increased boost, you are gonna need a snail on a VR to compete with most Rexs. Also remember that most people on the road are not professional racecar drivers and a lot of "street wins" can be put down to driver skill.

evorobin
25-03-2007, 08:43 PM
My 16v could keep up with a VR6 but having been in a passenger in a 2000 wrx just last night getting thrashed it's on another level. Look at the 0-160 times to be convinced!