PDA

View Full Version : Bah ! Part 2

Gold-mk1
28-11-2005, 10:46 PM
My run of bad luck continues chaps.

On a 200 mile run out to Suffolk my carb started icing up and leaking and my headlamps packed up ( you try keeping up with a 5litre v8 Mercedes and a Pug 205 gti along unfamiliar country roads in the dark ! )

Then on the way home, as i was popping and farting round the m25, i was just starting to breathe easy when "Ping " my speedo packed up ....joy...

Just ordered a rebuild kit for the carb, have got several headlamp switches on watch on ebay ( i've mended my one too many times now )

and off ( slowly ) to the local german car people to get a new speedo cable....

Not bad for a car i bought 5 years ago for £100 though. :)

still need a replacement door handle though. :roll:

Gold-mk1
29-11-2005, 04:17 AM
update, have just bought a brand new headlamp switch for £11. very happy, and as they contacts inside aren't all burnt ( like the old one ) the lights are actually a bit brighter, reckon i might stick some relays in to stop any more switch burnage. :)

imported_brackie
29-11-2005, 05:57 AM
Check out Syncro's excellent tips in "Interesting Articles" or just go to http://members.ozemail.com.au/~pjlander/Golf%20Lights%201.htm

Golf Loon
29-11-2005, 08:47 AM
What colour is your handle?
When I lived in the Uk, 4 years back the local VAG agents (Caffyns) had a campaign to make the genuine parts cheaper than the aftermarket. They could look up every part ever and had a huge back catalogue.
You had to suffer the indignity of going into their shiny showroom and asking for ancient bits in their showroom, but they always had the bits I needed, or could order them from Germany. Worth a shot.
If that doesn`t work, I`ll send you a handle.

Gold-mk1
29-11-2005, 10:14 PM
funnily enough, i was about to phone my local dealer.....haven't dared phone them for years, last time it really wasn't a successful trip.

might try and blag a drive in a new r32 though....although i might put a paper bag over my head ! :lol:

handle is black, got one on watch on evilbay at the mo, so if that fakks up i'll take you up on your offer mate ! ta.