PDA

View Full Version : :google: vs :thumb:

JustCruisn
16-03-2010, 05:56 PM
My pet peeve on this forum is that darn google smiley. Everyone uses it instead of :thumb:

Can the quick smiley list be changed to have :thumb: not :google:

Tim
16-03-2010, 06:00 PM
hahah ive kept my trap shut on this one but yes the rampant misuse of the google one pisses me off as well!

Peter Jones
16-03-2010, 06:18 PM
Looks weird to me 9/10 times, I'd only use it if I was encouraging someone to use the search function or Google itself.

Pete

WABIT
16-03-2010, 09:20 PM
Looks weird to me 9/10 times, I'd only use it if I was encouraging someone to use the search function or Google itself.

Pete

x2 exactly! stop using it when you shouldnt be!!! :google:

dom

gldgti
18-03-2010, 05:34 PM
Its like a sponsored thumbs up - like commercial news - "Heres a thumbs up for you!, proudly brought to you by Google" :evil:

Jayse
19-03-2010, 11:03 AM
Hey guys,

agree with you on this topic, but i need to go off topic. (this was the only logical thread i could get access to)

When i go to click on the passat main page or any other like General Discussion or Motorport i get this message:

The webpage cannot be found
HTTP 404
Most likely causes:
•There might be a typing error in the address.
•If you clicked on a link, it may be out of date.

What you can try:
Retype the address.

Go back to the previous page.

Go to and look for the information you want.

Now obviously i can log on and click on last thread added to on the VWWatercooled Australia main page...but not for the other stuff..

Hoping someone might know whats up?

Cheers,

Jayse.

Swallowtail
19-03-2010, 11:11 AM
Yes, Admin has been advised of the issues... :) hopefully will get resolved soon.

Jayse
19-03-2010, 11:24 AM
Yes, Admin has been advised of the issues... :) hopefully will get resolved soon.

Thanks Simon!

:google: hehe...couldn't help myself...

Servo
19-03-2010, 12:03 PM
Or you could just use :thumbup: