PDA

View Full Version : MK4 Rub strips

VeeDubbin
19-03-2007, 08:09 AM
So i have a white MK4 and i am sick of seeing black rub strips front, sides & back. I think it ruins the overall look of the car.
How easy is it to have these removed and prepped/painted ?
or is it possible to purchase these from VW already painted in the factory white colour, then have a panel beater remove the original ones and fit the painted ones ?

gtimk5
19-03-2007, 03:47 PM
Hi Veedubbin, not sure what you mean there. Yours are black or white? If they are white then get some GL ones if you are after black. Either way, if yours are black, VW would never pupply new ones prepainted in the white.
Cheers, Andrew :)

VeeDubbin
20-03-2007, 09:57 AM
Oops, fixed.
Yeah i actually want them white. Has anyone had theirs colour coded to match?

mikinoz
20-03-2007, 10:08 AM
Later model white Generations have white rub strips as standard.

Can't cost heaps to get painted though.

fuzion
22-03-2007, 11:07 PM
from experience with those things my opinion would be a) www.partsplus.com.au and find some rub strips in your colour that are colour coded already second hand.

or b) buy the smooth ones to get painted up.

reason i say this is, the panel beater will charge you more to high fill it and smoothen it becaues if they dont the tiny scratch u get will make it peal off straight away in most cases*.

i can recommend a good spray painter/panel beater for you near Mascot area if your interested.

VW Brooky Parts Plus
ASV Euro

try those 2 in sydney and see how you go, or ring Jade on 9663-0427 and ask for a quote (speak to Damien)

hope that helps?

VeeDubbin
23-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Pm Sent mate.