PDA

View Full Version : Mk6 GTI VCDS ( VAG-COM ) codes

STV4SYT
13-03-2010, 01:04 PM
Just wondering if anyone has found anything interesting.

I just went on the MK5 codes and did the rain close sunroof and windows, seatbelt beep removal and teardrop for the rear wiper.

Launch Control would be nice.....

Fog Lights as DRL's - be interested to see how that goes, apparently can set them for 50% brightness but couldn't get a code to change.

Corey_R
13-03-2010, 04:20 PM
What does the 'teardrop for the rear wiper' mean?

STV4SYT
13-03-2010, 04:59 PM
It does a single swipe 3 secs after you use rear wash wipe to get that final drip.

coastie
13-03-2010, 05:38 PM
Have you managed to get the rain closing option to actually work on the Mk6 as Rosstech are still looking to solve as I can't get it to function. Having it activated is one thing but actually getting it to work is the problem.

logger
13-03-2010, 05:43 PM
Just wondering if anyone has found anything interesting.

Launch Control would be nice.....

Does it not already have Launch Control?

Only one I can add of the top of my head is you can change the number of courtesy flashes the indicators give on momentary press from 3 to 5.

I tried the emergency braking hazards flashing but seemingly the mk5 coding did not work on my mk6.

Putting together a list of common MK6 VagCom coding mods would be handy I reckon.

STV4SYT
13-03-2010, 08:54 PM
Does it not already have Launch Control?

Only one I can add of the top of my head is you can change the number of courtesy flashes the indicators give on momentary press from 3 to 5.

I tried the emergency braking hazards flashing but seemingly the mk5 coding did not work on my mk6.

Putting together a list of common MK6 VagCom coding mods would be handy I reckon.

Haha, i did that today, gonna try it at 4 flashes and see how it goes.

turned on emergency braking lights too, havent tried it yet and hope i never have to.

bjays76gti
14-06-2010, 06:29 PM
I had my Mk6 GTI in for coding changes today, the tech had an issue with trying to activate the 'static turning lights' After you access the long coding helper on VCDS, which is the exact byte to change? to be able to bring up the check box to activate? Is this thats all thats required?

Cheers

entice
14-06-2010, 07:26 PM
Module 9 - central electrics
You'll find it there under the long coding helper.

wierd thing is that activating it automatically switched on teh DRL's.. which you can switch off via the method described in the car's manual.

bjays76gti
14-06-2010, 07:53 PM
I took it Quattro Motors in Burswood, He followed 09>central electronics>Long coding helper, he had issues from there, Anybody know the byte number to look for to activate?

Peteaussi
14-06-2010, 11:29 PM
I had my Mk6 GTI in for coding changes today, the tech had an issue with trying to activate the 'static turning lights' After you access the long coding helper on VCDS, which is the exact byte to change? to be able to bring up the check box to activate? Is this thats all thats required?

Cheers

Hey BJ.... We need to catch up for a cruise sometime as I would love to check out your stage one APR tune. I myself have a mk6 GTI in CS, detroits, and RVC. Nothing overly spec'd up but it does the trick. Do you go up to Mundaring much?

BTW people... I know this isn't on topic but oh well.

bjays76gti
15-06-2010, 11:00 AM
hey mate, i took up round there for my first drive after picking up from the dealer!! and yeh a cruise sometime would be cool, got the apr tune done, haven't tried yet still running in, can't wait though!

Lams
15-06-2010, 09:10 PM
Hi all,

could someone with a car fitted with bi-xenon please post up the correct coding for the proper DRL set up?

I'm trying to set it up properly for a mate but couldn't find it.

Also, the option for single stage unlocking is not present in the MFD. Can this option be brought to the MFD on coding too?

Cheers guys,
Lams

Redman
15-06-2010, 09:53 PM
See here (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4743553)

bjays76gti
15-06-2010, 09:55 PM
Hi mate, Go to http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4743553

Has some good VAGCOM coding in there

Lams
16-06-2010, 09:25 AM
thanks, I did go there and got the 'staging' and rain sensor window closing working
but the car came out of the showroom with the low beams & tail lights on all day. I read somewhere here that you guys have successfully put the correct DRLs on with the bixenon (instead of using the bi-xenon) ?

also the car has the two stage unlocking enabled, but the option is not in the MFD to make it a one stage unlocking process. I haven't had any luck in finding it in VCDS.

MkVIGTI
17-06-2010, 11:32 AM
Only got my Bi-xenons turned off as DRL at the dealer. Dunno what he did...

Lams
18-06-2010, 01:02 PM
I've turned them off for him as well. Looks like the xenon headlight doesn't run a DRL bulb
Can you select single/two stage unlocking in your MFD?

elephino
18-06-2010, 01:40 PM
Only got my Bi-xenons turned off as DRL at the dealer. Dunno what he did...

It's interesting that some say it can be done and some can't. My dealer spoke with VWA (probably their first mistake there) and were told it can't be done.

I was also told the static cornering lights can't be turned on with bi-xenons either.

Corey_R
18-06-2010, 02:28 PM
Originally it couldn't... now it can. Some dealers may not be up to date.

AdamD
07-08-2010, 08:18 PM

I enabled the Static Cornering Lights with Fog Lights on my GTI today. Took a little while to find; I believe it's the bottom-most tickbox for byte 14 in the long coding helper.

Interestingly, the relevant fog light comes on when I turn on my indicator as well (as long as it's below the requisite 40km/h or whatever the speed threshold is). According to the VWVortex thread (http://forums.vwvortex.com/showthread.php?4743553) this may be controlled by byte 17, but I didn't touch that, so was a little surprised when I noticed it enabled.

moonblade87
14-09-2010, 06:08 PM
Hey guys I don't know if any of you are experiencing this..

I tried to use Vagcom to access the bytes for cornering fog lights, DRLs, Needle sweeping on ignition and rear led lights.

The only one that worked was for the LED rear light error correction.

The other setting came up with short coding unlike the normal ones (long code). Therefore, when trying to correct byte 17 or 18, nothing is there.

I don't know if this all makes sense but can anyone help?

Mine is a 2010 build and bi-xenon.

logger
14-09-2010, 09:37 PM
Sounds to me like your looking in the wrong controller if you are that short of bytes. I am guessing you should be in the long coded "Cent. Elect." and you are looking at the short coded "instruments" instead.

moonblade87
14-09-2010, 09:45 PM
i was pretty sure i clicked long coding helper. did the same for the rear led light problem and that one worked.

i don't know really.. had mine done at camden gti and he pretty much said it couldnt be done.

any ideas?

logger
14-09-2010, 10:04 PM
Yeah you probably were, but to correct my previous.... Instruments are actually also long coded but only have 3 bytes so relatively speaking they are short. so if you were to wander in there my mistake and open LC helper, you will just be seeing 3 boxes full of hex instead of the 30 or so in "Cent. Elect." where you should be looking. Even my 118TSI has bytes 17 and 18 full of all the check boxes for static cornering and light related stuff for GTIs. That would be my guess. You were looking in the wrong control module if you could not find those bytes. Beyond that, I do not have a GTI, so I will defer to someone who does.

moonblade87
14-09-2010, 10:12 PM
oh no... i feel i wasted my 50 bucks i paid.. =(

thanks.. that does make sense now haha

AdamD
15-09-2010, 09:34 AM
I tried to use Vagcom to access the bytes for cornering fog lights, DRLs, Needle sweeping on ignition and rear led lights.

Everything bar Staging (sweeping needles) is done in Cetral Electrics (09) -> Long Coding Helper.

Static Cornering Lights (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f112/mk6-gti-vcds-vag-com-codes-42267-2.html#post545259) (see also byte 17 to disable cornering lights on indicator)
Staging (http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/f112/vcds-vag-com-settings-make-gti-needles-dance-upon-ignition-40556-2.html#post492277)

Not sure about the specifics of disabling the DRLs for Xenon-equipped cars, sorry!

TeamCrash
20-06-2011, 05:45 PM
Does anyone know the code to change the 3 indicator blinks to 4 blinks. I saw it somewhere but can't find it

logger
20-06-2011, 06:05 PM
Central Elec > Adaptation > Comfort Turn signals .
Note when u do this the DRL seem to reactivate if you have set them off via the indicator stalk.

redline3345
05-02-2012, 01:12 PM
Haha, i did that today, gonna try it at 4 flashes and see how it goes.

turned on emergency braking lights too, havent tried it yet and hope i never have to.

Hey - turned on the emergency stop indicators with VCDS & tried it out - seems to only work with very severe application of the brakes (initiate ABS). On the Skoda there is option to flash the indicators or the brake lights.

benough
06-02-2012, 07:19 AM
Can anyone get into the 46 Module, Central Convenience, on a white dot car?

I've tried it on 2 MK6 GTI's and a Tiguan with no luck.

It's in the installed list but it won't connect to it.

jimmy
08-02-2012, 09:43 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I haven't seen the information anywhere before.

After a bit of messing around, I was able to code both buttons on the center roof console for Information (little 'i' picture) and Service/Breakdown (spanner picture) to numbers of my choosing. I now have the breakdown/service button calling VW roadside assistance and the information button calling my VW dealer.

For those interested, under the Telephone module --> Adaption in VCDS there are four items at the bottom of the drop down list. Two for each button, one being a 'roaming' version. The Service/Breakdown coding requires 7 bytes which are entered as their raw numeric values. So for VW roadside I entered 18 00 63 71 81 00 00 (note padding with 0's for the last two bytes). The Information number requires 8 bytes, again pad with 0's for the extra bytes.

redline3345
08-02-2012, 11:03 PM
Could not access 46 Module on MY11 Skoda vRS

Tobes_WIR35
07-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I saw a video on youtube where a guy found a code for flashing LED DRL's. If you youtube "DRL easter egg" you'll see what I mean. I would be keen to give that a try.

One thing I would like to change is to stop the LED DRL's from dimming. When the headlight switch is on "auto" they are full brilliance, but whenever the headlights come on, or when the headlight switch is set to "park lights", the LED's dim down to about 50%. I would like them to stay at 100% at all times. Anyone know if this can be done on VCDS?

Other VCDS mods I want to do:
- fob window open/close
- alarm chirp when lock/unlock
- cluster staging
-custom RCD510 welcome screen

Interested to hear any other cool or even silly mods....

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I should clarify I have an Adidas edition with the dynamic cornering xenons with LED DRL's, and the LED tail lights.

benough
07-04-2012, 11:35 PM
For what prupose would you want your DRLs to flash like that?

Are you aware that the DRL dimming during the indicator is a legal requirement? It's so you can spot the contrast of the indicator. I don't think you'll be bale to change that.

The custom welcome screen is from Create your own custom bootlogo for RNS510 (http://www.netdata.be/iso/?) and you can only do it to the RNS510, not the RCD510.

Hope that helps

Tobes_WIR35
08-04-2012, 08:30 AM
For what prupose would you want your DRLs to flash like that?

Are you aware that the DRL dimming during the indicator is a legal requirement? It's so you can spot the contrast of the indicator. I don't think you'll be bale to change that.

The custom welcome screen is from Create your own custom bootlogo for RNS510 (http://www.netdata.be/iso/?) and you can only do it to the RNS510, not the RCD510.

Hope that helps

My DRL's don't dim for the indicators, only when A) the headlights are on, and B) when the park lights are on.

Are you sure that it's a legal requirement? The only cars i've seen that do that are Audi's, yet every second new car has LED DRL's these days?

walbjj
08-04-2012, 10:20 AM
I saw a video on youtube where a guy found a code for flashing LED DRL's. If you youtube "DRL easter egg" you'll see what I mean. I would be keen to give that a try.

One thing I would like to change is to stop the LED DRL's from dimming. When the headlight switch is on "auto" they are full brilliance, but whenever the headlights come on, or when the headlight switch is set to "park lights", the LED's dim down to about 50%. I would like them to stay at 100% at all times. Anyone know if this can be done on VCDS?

Other VCDS mods I want to do:
- fob window open/close
- alarm chirp when lock/unlock
- cluster staging
-custom RCD510 welcome screen

Interested to hear any other cool or even silly mods....

---------- Post added at 10:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:02 PM ----------

I should clarify I have an Adidas edition with the dynamic cornering xenons with LED DRL's, and the LED tail lights.

cluster staging is already on these forums, under dancing needles.
i always thought the key fob auto window feature was already installed. i know i can do it on my gti as i used it a lot when my car sits in the sun and i walk up to it and open the windows up before i get in

Tobes_WIR35
08-04-2012, 08:55 PM
i always thought the key fob auto window feature was already installed. i know i can do it on my gti as i used it a lot when my car sits in the sun and i walk up to it and open the windows up before i get in

Yes it is, just worked that out today. It's only taken me 9 months (including a hot QLD summer) to work that out.....

walbjj
08-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Yes it is, just worked that out today. It's only taken me 9 months (including a hot QLD summer) to work that out.....

ok, cool. i thought most euros already have this as my fathers 1999 e39 bmw 528 had it, same with his 2003 clk 320 and when my brother had his audi it had that feature, so i assumed it was a euro thing. never had it in any jap car tho

Tobes_WIR35
08-04-2012, 09:11 PM
ok, cool. i thought most euros already have this as my fathers 1999 e39 bmw 528 had it, same with his 2003 clk 320 and when my brother had his audi it had that feature, so i assumed it was a euro thing. never had it in any jap car tho

do you know whether VCDS can be programmed to shut the windows with just a single press, rather than press & hold? Because really, whenever you lock the car, you're going to want the windows to go up....

walbjj
08-04-2012, 09:23 PM
do you know whether VCDS can be programmed to shut the windows with just a single press, rather than press & hold? Because really, whenever you lock the car, you're going to want the windows to go up....

sorry, no idea, i usually hit the window up button when i take the key out as i park the car up. key doesnt need to be in the ignition, or rather u can take the key out asnd it still closes.
also, it takes only a few seconds to hit and hold, probably gives u time to be aware of the cars surrounding as well i guess

dArK5HaD0w
08-04-2012, 10:02 PM

DRL dimming with indicator is NOT a legal requirement.
DRL dimming with side lights and/or low beams IS a requirement.

as an example, from factory, octavia RS DRL does not dim with the indicator. same deal with the golf r, which has a similar DRL setup.

however, using VCDS, i coded it to dim when indicator on, for the very reason u mentioned - "so u can spot the indicator". even though the DRL & indicator is some distance apart on mine.

zei20t
09-04-2012, 12:34 PM

not always, i frequently leave my windows down a little on hot days. the rain sensor will close them if it rains.

benough
09-04-2012, 01:46 PM

Yep, you can but I've had no luck getting into the Central Convenience on "white dot" cars with VCDS. I've been told it's a software issue and they are working on a patch. Go update your software to see if it's been done.

The code is called something like one touch closing.

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:40 PM ----------

DRL dimming with indicator is NOT a legal requirement.
DRL dimming with side lights and/or low beams IS a requirement.

as an example, from factory, octavia RS DRL does not dim with the indicator. same deal with the golf r, which has a similar DRL setup.

however, using VCDS, i coded it to dim when indicator on, for the very reason u mentioned - "so u can spot the indicator". even though the DRL & indicator is some distance apart on mine.

Yeah I think it's only a legal requirement where the blinker and DRL are next to each other, i.e. the S3.

Tobes_WIR35
11-04-2012, 08:29 AM
Yeah I think it's only a legal requirement where the blinker and DRL are next to each other, i.e. the S3.

I'll have to take more notice of mine, because my DRL's are next to the indicator. - http://i55.tinypic.com/ngsn5y.jpg

Will report back with my findings.

dArK5HaD0w
12-04-2012, 09:01 PM
I'll have to take more notice of mine, because my DRL's are next to the indicator. - http://i55.tinypic.com/ngsn5y.jpg

Will report back with my findings.

they don't dim.
i've seen a few mk6 golf gti, with drls like urs - it doesn't dim with indicator.
i've seen a few new passats with drls (also in the headlight cluster) - it doesn't dim with indicator.

vw should really make 'em dim - will make it easier to see the indicator.

there must b an option to enable the 'drl dim with indicator' via vcds...somewhere.

XTC838
09-05-2012, 09:27 AM
I agree that VW should make the DRL dim with indicator. When I first got my car, I thought something wasn't right as they didn't dim. I subsequently found out that they don't on Australian models.

Has anyone worked out how to dim them with indicator?

they don't dim.
i've seen a few mk6 golf gti, with drls like urs - it doesn't dim with indicator.
i've seen a few new passats with drls (also in the headlight cluster) - it doesn't dim with indicator.

vw should really make 'em dim - will make it easier to see the indicator.

there must b an option to enable the 'drl dim with indicator' via vcds...somewhere.

dArK5HaD0w
09-05-2012, 10:31 PM
I agree that VW should make the DRL dim with indicator. When I first got my car, I thought something wasn't right as they didn't dim. I subsequently found out that they don't on Australian models.

Has anyone worked out how to dim them with indicator?

i don't know how it will b exactly for the golf, but this is for the skoda range:

DRL dim on indicator
"Daytime Running Lights (DRL's) inactive with Turn Signals active"

1. Control Module > [09] Central Elec / Coding / Long coding helper / Byte 15 / Bit 3 = tick the box.
2. Exit
3. Do it

i believe the control modules r similar as they're both from vag.

speakin of drl dimming - i walked past a new vw transporter at the traffic lights today. it comes with drls (high beams on reduced power).
i noticed the drls easily.
but when i looked closely, i noticed the indicator was flashing too!! because the indicator sits directly above the high beam, with the DRL on, i don't notice the indicator until i looked a 2nd time!!
if the drl on the active indicator side had dimmed, then.........
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/05/vwtransporterdrl-1.jpg

XTC838
10-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't have a VCDS, so wouldn't be able to confirm if they are the same as Skoda's.

The Golfs indicator is next to the DRL and like the Transporter, I think it is hard for others to see the indicator with DRL at full brightness. I wonder why VW disabled dimming for our market.

Might have to catch up with someone with VCDS to check it out.

tuzii
15-10-2012, 08:57 PM
how we you enable this in the cluster? on a mk6
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2012/10/DRL_indicator-1.jpg

benough
15-10-2012, 10:17 PM
You won't be able to as I presume the US cars have a different cluster.

Park you car with the sun directly onto the cluster and see if you can see it un lit.

mr gee
16-03-2013, 04:33 PM
Not sure if this is the correct place to post, but I haven't seen the information anywhere before.

After a bit of messing around, I was able to code both buttons on the center roof console for Information (little 'i' picture) and Service/Breakdown (spanner picture) to numbers of my choosing. I now have the breakdown/service button calling VW roadside assistance and the information button calling my VW dealer.

For those interested, under the Telephone module --> Adaption in VCDS there are four items at the bottom of the drop down list. Two for each button, one being a 'roaming' version. The Service/Breakdown coding requires 7 bytes which are entered as their raw numeric values. So for VW roadside I entered 18 00 63 71 81 00 00 (note padding with 0's for the last two bytes). The Information number requires 8 bytes, again pad with 0's for the extra bytes.

No joy trying to code my Scirocco. Any one else tried this on theirs?