PDA

View Full Version : VIC Wanted - 1990's VW Automatic

camhaz
08-03-2010, 10:12 AM
Hi all,

I am looking for a 1990's VW, preferably Golf or Polo, but must be automatic and have working aircon. I want something unmodified in good condition with lowish mileage, substantially less than 200,000km.

Must be a runner, and I would also consider other VW models, Seat or Audi. A car located in VIC is preferred but would also consider NSW or SA cars. Budget is up to $5k for the right vehicle.

Thanks,
Rob

RedMk2Gti
08-03-2010, 02:09 PM
Welcome to the forum.
I don't know why "auto' is a must unless you are a female driver :P
anyway this would be a good one to consider http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=35616

camhaz
08-03-2010, 04:49 PM
Looking for an auto for learner drivers to start in, one of my other cars is a manual and the learner refuses to drive it!

Looked at the Jetta, but need aircon and want something a bit younger.

Thanks anyway.

Jace
08-03-2010, 07:06 PM
Dictate that they (the learner) drives manual.
It'll surely make a better driver out of them.

Golf Houso
08-03-2010, 07:11 PM
Dictate that they (the learner) drives manual.
It'll surely make a better driver out of them.

I was just about to say, considering that you're paying for the car, fuel, servicing and maintainence they can drive whatever you bloody well tell them to drive! Unless they want to buy something for themselves of course...

Jeez, I sound old!

VR6child
08-03-2010, 08:07 PM
There's really no point in just learning auto. I'll own a manual for as long as I have the strength to push in the clutch.

Also, I know that 90's autos are pretty fail, on the VW side of things at least. Not sure about audi or other brands.

evorobin
08-03-2010, 08:11 PM
Plenty of Passat VR6's which only come in auto from what I've seen. Private sale should be under 4K.

scoob02
08-03-2010, 09:11 PM
if its just for a learner, i'd steer clear of a old vw auto...too expensive for replacement parts if something went pear shaped..

dont get me wrong, i love all VW's, but for a learner i'd just buy a cheap jap/korean car which should be cheaper and possibly more reliable :emo_baghead: