PDA

View Full Version : nitrous injection?

WABIT
25-11-2005, 08:06 AM
hey all just a question, i have a modded k-jet 8v engine in my cab and i have a compression ratio of 10:1, if i decide to run nitrous with this engine, do i need to de comp it frist due to the nitrous being forced induction??, i know that my car can handle nitrous i just want to make sure?

wabit

DVR68U
12-12-2005, 10:05 PM
i didnt think u needed to lower compression when u use nitrous, its not forced induction either. its more like running a more volitile fuel mix. the main things are dont squirt below 3500 rpms and dont over rev your engine. and of course watch your air/fuel ratio's.

where u goin to run a dry shot , or wet ?
cheers brenton

WABIT
24-12-2005, 07:31 PM
not really sure whats best for the engine dry or wet??

wabit

DVR68U
28-01-2006, 11:50 PM
well i always herd wet , wet is nitrous and fuel , wheres dry is just a nitrous shot. there for with dry your stock injectors have to provide the extra fuel. and if they are already close to the maxium duty cycle then u may lean the motor out.
so with wet u dont have the problem with the injectors etc. but it costs more. also where u mount the fogger is important to.
cheers brenton

worm
29-01-2006, 09:21 AM
Not to forget that its illegal.... and re-filling the bottle..... not worth it IMO.... and hey, its the internet, so you HAVE to listen to my drible :wink:

syncro
29-01-2006, 10:48 AM
Not to forget that its illegal.... :wink:

I thought that it was legal in NSW as long as the bottle is not connected while on the street. :?:

DVR68U
29-01-2006, 06:14 PM
yeah u can have it on the road as long as the lines are not connected , and u can just get a refill at boc when u run out.
cheers brenton

WABIT
31-01-2006, 09:06 AM
yeah thats the same in vic too...

wabit

DVR68U
01-02-2006, 05:28 AM
yeah then there no prob run it and dont get caught, just hide it well. most cops wont know how to look for it , if it hidden. seriously
cheers brenton

WABIT
01-02-2006, 08:46 AM
hahahahhaa yeahh where the hell do ya hide it in a cabrio?? lol

i dont think the cops will check for nitrous in a vw anyways lol

wabit

gotrice
02-02-2006, 06:57 PM
yeah then there no prob run it and dont get caught, just hide it well. most cops wont know how to look for it , if it hidden. seriously
cheers brenton

That is a champion idea, and that why when you have a crash and the fire truck or ambo turns up and there is nothing on the number plate to let them know that there is an explosive substance in the car and it goes ka-boom and people trying to help you get killed we can all have a bit of a laugh.

Why do you think its not legal to have a bottle of laughing gas in your boot?

WABIT
03-02-2006, 09:35 AM
THANKS MATE, LETS ALL WISH FOR THAT TO HAPPEN HUH MATE!! THEN WE CAN ALL HAVE A LAUGH!! HAHAHAHA.... :x :x

you shouldnt say **** like that mate, i shouldnt have to think of me having an accident and killing people in the process....

wabit

worm
03-02-2006, 06:05 PM
say goodbye to TAC or insurance payouts if you need one...

gotrice
03-02-2006, 09:29 PM
Hey I'm not wishing for it to happen I'm just saying that its illegal for a good reason. I have friends who are in the fire, cop, and ambos and they are not happy about people doing stuff that could get them killed. Not trying to get you pissed off or anything. "And I'm not your mate either, I'm not your brother, your neighbour, your local shopkeeper. I'm your complete stranger." Isnt that from a movie or something? :lol:

syncro
03-02-2006, 10:45 PM
Most laws are made for a reason. Not always a good reason though. :!:

gotrice
04-02-2006, 12:50 PM
I may be nuts but I'm not fool enough to bite on that one.

DVR68U
06-02-2006, 10:51 AM
nitrous doesnt explode , thats why u have to add fuel to it to get power. think about it gotrice

pepperwhite
31-03-2006, 08:28 PM
i am picturing that kid cop in fast+furious who blows his car racing vin D,

also according to that movie they all run away and the nos blows up.

maybe its true.

maybe your car wouldnt explode.

the bottle might just take off like a rocket and you can party like its chinese new year.

maybe.

joshyd-mk2gti
31-03-2006, 08:53 PM
Never, ever put direct flame to a nitrous bottle to increase pressure. Smart racers invest in a heated water tank to safely bump bottle pressure. An open flame can cause aluminum bottle fatigue, which can cause the bottle to explode. The carnage that an exploding nitrous bottle can cause is something you never want to experience.

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/75738/

Valver.
01-04-2006, 06:53 AM
LOL. Nitrous doesn't explode :lol:

How on earth does it create havoc in the cylinders, upping the cylinder pressure hugely to make more power then :?: :!:

syncro
01-04-2006, 10:41 AM

How on earth does it create havoc in the cylinders, upping the cylinder pressure hugely to make more power then :?: :!:

No it doesn't really explode, but causes anything else flammable to explode and there is the danger.

Valver.
01-04-2006, 01:04 PM

No it doesn't really explode, but causes anything else flammable to explode and there is the danger.

So explode isn't the right word, but you know what I mean :wink:

If it didn't have any explosive properties, you might aswell pour 30wt suspension fluid into your intake.

syncro
01-04-2006, 01:28 PM

If it didn't have any explosive properties, you might aswell pour 30wt suspension fluid into your intake.

Hard to explain, but it increases the explosive properties of the fuel. :?:

Valver.
01-04-2006, 02:20 PM
I know how it works; the point is that it aids combustion to make power and thus has some explosive properties.

It's certainly not "unflammable" as mentioned earlier :D

roccodingo
01-04-2006, 09:58 PM
read the article guy's , its all in there...

http://www.chevyhiperformance.com/techarticles/75738/

nitrous oxide is an oxidizer, so it liberates oxygen which is when added to the intake mixture with additional fuel increases the efficiency of the combustion process in the engine relative to the original combustion cycle...hence more output... :wink:

the stuff has been around since WW II from what i have read, so it's definately not as Hi tech as some make out... :roll:

GoLfMan
02-04-2006, 09:19 PM
nothin like big corperate names and good advertising to make simple laughin gas that grogs u up at the doctors seem new and fantastic :lol:

WABIT
10-04-2006, 10:59 AM
the reason the nirtous exploded in fast and the fur... was because their was a fire before, therefore what happends when a compressed bottle gets hot? it expands whats inside and the bottle explodes not the nitrous! now when the bottle explodes the nitrous gets out and then it aids the fire creating a fireball!! am i right or am i right?

wabit

Bug_racer
26-04-2006, 12:21 PM
This thread is Gold :lol:

Some people need to do a bit more research before posting :lol: :lol:

DVR68U
26-04-2006, 06:39 PM
yeah wabit thats right ,
cheers brenton

DOHCDAVE
01-05-2006, 04:25 PM
Ok guys it's not what's in the bottle that causes the prob in this case if it were to happen, it's the pressure that it is stored at that creates the risk of explosion. think about it 900-1000 psi in that bottle you wouldn't want to drop it on the concrete.

WABIT
02-05-2006, 07:52 AM
told yas! :lol: thanks DVR68U AND DOHCDAVE :P

WABIT

syncro
22-06-2006, 04:38 PM
I have just found out that Nitrous injection is illegal in Queensland.

WABIT
22-06-2006, 05:04 PM
its illegal in all states, you can have it but it cant be hooked up to any tubes, and has to be properly sealed

wabit

syncro
22-06-2006, 05:40 PM
its illegal in all states, you can have it but it cant be hooked up to any tubes, and has to be properly sealed

wabit

No, Queensland you can't have it.

WABIT
28-06-2006, 06:38 PM

wabit

like i said, its IL-LEGAL

syncro
28-06-2006, 09:50 PM
No, in Queensland you can't have it at all. Even disconnected is illegal.

Bug_racer
28-06-2006, 10:36 PM
You cant have the bottle in there you mean

syncro
28-06-2006, 10:43 PM
You cant have the bottle in there you mean

The brochure says Nitrous injection is illegal. I understand that as any components are illegal.

Bboy_Sparx
14-09-2006, 06:16 PM
It's ok to have installed. Depending on which state, you might not be allowed the bottle in the car, or even connected, or worse case scenario, the solenoids must not be routed to the fogger and the fogger must have disarming jets.

Jules

PS: First post on this forum. Hi guys hehe

luke_how
22-12-2006, 09:57 PM

Nitrouse oxide is a form of forced induction i beleive because it forces more oxygen (and nitrogen) into the combustion chamber. nitrouse oxide isnt explosive! It's the huge amount of oxygen induced by the engine and increase amount of fuel which gives the car the extra horespower, all the nitrogen does is stop the engine from melting. They tested this on old war planes they used pure oxygen in a bottle (to start with) so they could power out of dog fights ect. But aparently they had problems with the engines getting way to hot and melting, so they added nitrogen to keep engine temperatures down. (I could be wrong if somebody got more info)

roccodingo
24-12-2006, 01:56 AM
read what i posted in page 3, the link that was there is no longer online..:(

evorobin
24-12-2006, 02:14 AM
Dude if you decide to run nitrous you need a bank account with an overdraft. Loons engine store is the hot tip to balance out your cold intake :D

Bug_racer
25-12-2006, 05:22 PM
Nitrouse oxide is a form of forced induction i beleive because it forces more oxygen (and nitrogen) into the combustion chamber. nitrouse oxide isnt explosive! It's the huge amount of oxygen induced by the engine and increase amount of fuel which gives the car the extra horespower, all the nitrogen does is stop the engine from melting. They tested this on old war planes they used pure oxygen in a bottle (to start with) so they could power out of dog fights ect. But aparently they had problems with the engines getting way to hot and melting, so they added nitrogen to keep engine temperatures down. (I could be wrong if somebody got more info)

Nitrous is chemical induction .
Nitrogen is a by product and is what makes the NOS stable as opposed to running straight oxygen . Fuel needs to be increased manually .
I wont bore you with my knowledge of WW2 history but nitrous was used before oxygen cause its a stable platform under increasing varying conditions , also the amount per volume of N2O compared to O2 the N20 has more oxygen . The ME109g-10 using the DB605 engine used a dual stage supercharger , NOS and Methanol injection .

WABIT
20-02-2007, 07:00 PM
hahahhahahhah bump this thread bacause i read this whole topic again and its a CRACKUP golden thread!!!!

wabit

gpk_gti
20-02-2007, 07:28 PM
how the hell did it become a question of legality??? how many ppl have drilled rims,or coil overs ,tinted lights ,too much tinted windows,loud exhaust,loud stereo,bigger cats,pod airfilters,I could go on forever.who cares if its legal or not,,,this is not a police forum.....
very funny guys!!!!
did you do it in the end??? should I call the cops on you???j:

DubSteve
21-02-2007, 09:54 AM
My mate is running Nitrous Injected on his Lancer HAHAHAHAHAHA. Its a 1.8L with a 50 bhp hit every time. lol

syncro
21-02-2007, 10:30 AM
how the hell did it become a question of legality??? how many ppl have drilled rims,or coil overs ,tinted lights ,too much tinted windows,loud exhaust,loud stereo,bigger cats,pod airfilters,I could go on forever.who cares if its legal or not,,,this is not a police forum.....
very funny guys!!!!
did you do it in the end??? should I call the cops on you???j:

It's just for information. Don't read too much into it.n: