PDA

View Full Version : World Time Attack May Eastern Creek - Anyone?

ADVAN
01-03-2010, 09:31 PM
Hi Guys,

Time Attack racing (Fastest lap time) is a Japanese concept but it would be good to get some fast circuit VWs to this event and fly the VW flag, even if it's just in the Club Sprint class for road registered cars on street tyres. The event is more about "tuned cars" rather than "Japanese cars".

Previous Time Attack events, called Superlap, run at Oran Park had classes for front wheel drives which might be good GTi territory.

It should be an entertaining event with 8 or so international Pro Class cars that should run low to mid 1:30s on semi-slicks. My guess is Club Sprint will run mid to high 1:40s.

It's at Eastern Creek Raceway 21 and 22 May 2010. http://www.worldtimeattack.com

the scotsman
04-03-2010, 08:44 PM
I would but my car is not eligible to enter....
Someone get out there and give the hondas a run for their money!

Preen59
04-03-2010, 09:00 PM
Hmmmmm....... Interesting. :)

Guy_H
08-03-2010, 01:59 PM
Maybe, if we can get some cars together :)

Calais
08-03-2010, 08:16 PM
Woot! Sounds awesome!

mitsu_watercooled
09-03-2010, 12:26 PM
I'm going :D should be a bit of fun.

stotto
10-03-2010, 07:44 PM
Already got my tickets for it. Should be good to see.

jamesatfish
11-03-2010, 07:02 AM
Sounds interesting, but I'd need to do a bit of work to get the Polo eligible in the Club Sprint class and the rules are a little confusing. The section on vehicle safety (racing seats & harnesses optional) and body type (convertibles need a cage) seem to contradict Schedules A & B of the CAMS regs (where such items are mandatory), and my Polo would further fail on grounds of non-stock interior (too much trim missing) and non-stock engine mounts.

The fact that the car needs to be road registered also makes things interesting as it's not altogether straightforward to fit a roll cage to a car that didn't have one from the factory and then get the modifications approved for rego.

I might contact them to clarify the rules for the Club Sprint class as it sounds like a great event if I can find a car that's eligible to enter.

JVLR32
11-03-2010, 09:41 AM
YES yes....great to see this finally happening cant wait..

madglf3
11-03-2010, 11:30 PM
I'm thinking of coming down to see this on the Sat, and DOVW on the Sunday. See how I go though.