PDA

View Full Version : VW Nationals 8th April All must attend

Pages : [1] 2

Zee - Golfie
14-03-2007, 08:18 PM
Any info about the VW National Easter weekend..

Does it go on for the whole weekend and how do you enter to show n shine if you wanna?

any links?:confused:

ScienceVR6
14-03-2007, 08:23 PM
what where when?

static1800
14-03-2007, 08:26 PM
It's in Sydney on Easter Sunday, heaps of us are turning up! there is a full thread on all the developments in the general chat section.

Golf Loon
14-03-2007, 09:17 PM
Was gonna start a thread on this in here, just a bit eager Zee?

Is on Sunday 8th April at Fairfield Showgrounds in Sydney.

It is usually mostly aircooled, but there have been a lot of developments behind the scenes and this is the year that we the watercooled massive redress the balance.

They are gonna give more watercooled prizes than ever before and there is an entirely new judging criteria. We need a big watercooled turnout to make us be taken seriously.

Come and show your car and we`ll all park in a group. I`d like to get 50 watercooled cars this year.

Try and be there by 9am - 10. Judging is all over by 12 and prives are given at 3. Bring yor family, beer, picnics. lots to see and do :)

rayray086
15-03-2007, 06:16 AM
Come and show your car and we`ll all park in a group. I`d like to get 50 watercooled cars this year.

And I hope 50 we will get!! We had 30+ easily during the Wollongong cruise, and some couldn't make it due to other commitments; and since then there have been more members joining, so that figure of 50 should be attainable!

static1800
15-03-2007, 07:28 AM
Yep we can get 50 or damn close to it, as mentioned before we need to make a big effort to impress these aircooled guys, Matt(golf loon) has already got our foot in the door with them and we need to follow through :)

syncro
15-03-2007, 08:45 AM
The problem is that we have had more than 30 there before, but they're all in the carpark:(

GoLfMan
15-03-2007, 09:46 AM
im planning to be there this year and ill drag my cousin along in his Twin Turbo S4 :D

DubSteve
15-03-2007, 10:11 AM
I have changed the title of the thread we can make this the official one or we can start another one. Never the less details must be brought to the table, we MUST get people to turn up so we don't look like fools.

Zee - Golfie
15-03-2007, 03:16 PM
Golf Loon - trying to get everyone thinking about the Nats, it my first ever since here in OZ, so wanna see a great turn up for watercooled cars.

here some more info i found when googling it:

http://www.clubvw.org.au/2007_vw_nationals_information.htm

See some nice pics of last year nats

Are we all going to be there? show of peps?

I am in.

syncro
15-03-2007, 04:33 PM
we MUST get people to turn up so we don't look like fools.

No, we must get people to entern:

DubSteve
15-03-2007, 05:38 PM

We need to get people to come first before we can enter them :)

GoLfMan
15-03-2007, 05:47 PM
can u just show up on the day and enter?

gldgti
15-03-2007, 05:47 PM

still with the up yours smiley?????

static1800
15-03-2007, 06:02 PM
can u just show up on the day and enter?
yep, be there at 9am or 10 at the very latest and you will get your car judhed and we will all park as a massive group

BL33SU
15-03-2007, 06:20 PM
is there any advertisement for this event like outside these forums?

syncro
15-03-2007, 06:56 PM
http://www.clubvw.org.au/2007_vw_nationals_information.htm

There are plenty of watercooleds every year, but they're in the carpark.

The first Nationals was in 1988 and this is their 20th year????????

gpk_gti
16-03-2007, 06:35 AM
well,the meeting last night was a success! all of the committee are very enthusiastic about us and basically I was told that VW australia are twisting their arm to change the way that they look at watercooled.but guys,if we dont come up with the goods,we all will look ridiculous.
So,now is the time to come,if you didnt before,and if you know anyone else,modified or standard,twist their arm as well.we really need to get the word out there.If any of you guys are members of the other watercooled sites,please post the details there as well!!!
ClubVW is sponsored by VWaustralia to the tune of $5000 for the nats.ClubVW have a bank balance of $33000.these guys already have a system/insurance/database/infrastructure etc already set up.ever wanted to hold a sponsored track day or a huge cruise/bbq etc etc??? the only way we can make these guys change the way that clubvw is run,is from the inside.they want us to do this,they want to be told what to organise,they want US!!!!!
its still early for me,im still excited from all the events last night.Im sure LOON will fill you guys in a bit more,but ill write some more tonight!!!:D :D :D

gpk_gti
16-03-2007, 06:37 AM
ohhhhhh,,,I need a few volunteers for carpark duty on the day!!! walk around and get all the WATERCOOLED to park inside!! 3 or 4 guys will be great!! me,mk3vr6:rolleyes: ,,who else!

static1800
16-03-2007, 07:20 AM
thats good news, great that they will be hopefully greeting us with open arms. I know they have turned a heap of people off, even the aircooled club my family are in wont go to it anymore. But lets do it for us watercooled guys get an awesome turnout and show them what were made of!

DubSteve
16-03-2007, 08:08 AM
ohhhhhh,,,I need a few volunteers for carpark duty on the day!!! walk around and get all the WATERCOOLED to park inside!! 3 or 4 guys will be great!! me,mk3vr6:rolleyes: ,,who else!

I like how you picked me, I was hoping to sit in my chair all day and sleep j:

Golf Loon
16-03-2007, 08:53 AM
Yeah it is a good opportunity to promote watercooled VWs. Club VW already have the infrastructure in place and the organization for this big show and are crying out for Us to go and shape the direction.

So lets.

George and Steve and a few other spruikers will scour the carpark and the inside of the show and try and make the watercooled park together.

It costs $10 general admission, or $10 to enter the car show and the $10 per category. If you dont wanna enter your car, pay $10 to go in the car show, enter no categories and park in the middle of the show with the rest of us. :D

The judging criteria is changed this year to allow for modified watercooled cars, not just classic beetles.

If you are not involved, you cant whinge about how crap the show is.

static1800
16-03-2007, 09:22 AM
lets get a show of hands from who is coming, so we know what to expect.

syncro
16-03-2007, 10:59 AM
It costs $10 general admission, or $10 to enter the car show and the $10 per category. If you dont wanna enter your car, pay $10 to go in the car show, enter no categories and park in the middle of the show with the rest of us. :D

If you are not involved, you cant whinge about how crap the show is.

This is the big chance here. Do what Matt says:idea:

I've been trying to do this for 19 years.

deemoE36
16-03-2007, 11:37 AM
$30 for 2 categories + entry is affordable for all, if you can afford to drive vw, service it, spend money on upgrades u can afford this, you can afford $30

and George, i dont like to post a lot of blah blah so maybe it seems like im not really into it, but Matt knows and i told him before, if you guys need any help related to nats, let me know ill be happy to contribute which ever way i can
by entering my dented golf for starters

lets get this party started! :)

BL33SU
16-03-2007, 02:17 PM
does any1 have a big vwwatercooled banner you can hang? just a thought so more people know about the forum..

Zee - Golfie
16-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I am in for sure, right in middle with all the other vw dubbers ( although i have a SEAT), looking foward to a big turn out guys..come one come all and let show off the vw watercooled cars..

$10 is nothing guys, come on.

:cool:

Draco
16-03-2007, 08:02 PM
thats good news, great that they will be hopefully greeting us with open arms. I know they have turned a heap of people off, even the aircooled club my family are in wont go to it anymore. But lets do it for us watercooled guys get an awesome turnout and show them what were made of!

I've been a club and committee member for over 5 years now and I know that there are a number of committee members that will greet you with open arms.

The club goes in the direction the way the committee pushes it. At the moment it *appears* to only cater to the air cooled, but everything is in place for the water coolers as well, all we have to do is to get in there and show that the water coolers are in fact serious about the club.

e.g. About 6 Months ago, the only way to join the club was to either pay cash or CHQ. We pushed for Direct deposit and got it through. Once that was in place, I put into place Credit Card facilities, so you now can pay On-Line. :D You've just got to do it in small steps.

Picking the catagories for the nationals judging is like picking the lotto numbers. We have so many left over trophies from previous years because a particular type of car was in large numbers the year before and none showed up the following year. What we've got to do is to be consistant. If it doesn't work this year, we'll tweak it our way to make it work. If we do the work and show that it does work (Like I did with the Credit Cards), the committee has little reason to knock it on the head.

peedman
16-03-2007, 09:15 PM
Ill be there but ill save some dosh and wont enter my car, ill save myself from the embarassment :rolleyes:

static1800
16-03-2007, 09:27 PM
enter your car in the show, you don't need to go in heaps of categories, just bring it in! we need as many as we can get.

zjm
17-03-2007, 12:35 AM
this should be a fun day dont forget there is also a pretty big swap meet on at this event so bring along your unwanted treasures and swap/sell or even buy some more I think its about $10 for a swap meet site

even if your car is not a show stopper bring it in because when all is said and done numbers count!!! and youll WIN the thanks of all the watercooled brotherhood and we wont knock you or your car

also note that the watercooled cars look like theyre going to be judged by watercooled people and if an aircooled bloke says something silly to you dont take it personally they might just be a little slow and dont get it ? but deep down inside they too are veedubbers

I am a recent convert and still have a couple of air cooled cars my daily driver mk2 will be there (need a rat look class hahaha)

Golf Loon
17-03-2007, 08:37 AM
Go the rat look Mk2 :) Looks good from the back :)

DubSteve
17-03-2007, 01:37 PM
Love to see that rat look.

I expect to see many Mk3's out there :) Especially some vr6's theres a few of us here now guys. Come show these air cooled fellas what pure 6 cylinder grunt is :D:D:D

BL33SU
17-03-2007, 01:39 PM
whats rat look?

is it wen your front is low and rear is higher with fat tyres?

william
17-03-2007, 04:17 PM
rat rod look is moon eyed wheels black bonnets i say

william
17-03-2007, 04:18 PM
anyway guys lets get excited we dont have long so start preparing i am :D

BL33SU
17-03-2007, 04:39 PM
anyway guys lets get excited we dont have long so start preparing i am :D

yeh so your providing the car models?:D
have to have a standard.. has to be topless while at d show alrite;)

Draco
18-03-2007, 04:11 PM
whats rat look?

They say a picture says a 1000 words, so here's 1000 words :)

DubSteve
18-03-2007, 05:05 PM
They say a picture says a 1000 words, so here's 1000 words :)

Just one FARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRK!!!

fuzion
18-03-2007, 05:12 PM
saw that thing last year.. very very nice! infact a lot of them there were great but that got the crowds attention esp when he pulled up to park it!

not sure if ill make it.. but we'll try.. should be a few of us (at least 5-7 cars if we do) watercooled tho!

static1800
18-03-2007, 05:21 PM
you can make it fuzion!

DubSteve
18-03-2007, 05:41 PM
not sure if ill make it.. but we'll try.. should be a few of us (at least 5-7 cars if we do) watercooled tho!

Maybe on the cruise down to the showground, don't know where your coming from but we are hoping for 50 if the Sydney cruise was anything to go by, well then it shouldn't be to hard then!!!

GoLfMan
18-03-2007, 08:25 PM
actually i gotta budget, could be a squeeze cos rego's due this week :( but if i work a couple of extra shifts i could hopefully make it :)

rayray086
18-03-2007, 09:58 PM

Would be great to get some VWVortex guys :D

Oli
18-03-2007, 11:26 PM
I am in 2.
I will bring my TDI 96.
C u there.
Oli

DubSteve
19-03-2007, 12:01 AM
Ok guys,

So far looks like we got a few guys coming to the Nationals:

Golf Loon x 3
Gpk Gti
Mk3vr6
Rayray86
Peedman
1DUB2C
DUBING
Oli x 2
William
Static 1800
DIDZ
DVR68U
Zee Golfie
Syncro
DeemoIII
Draco
zjm

And I know of a few Vortex people that are coming aswell as discussed at the last GTG. Stan with his R32 and Tiny I think.

Thats about 20 cars so far fellas. There is 2 weeks left 15 days to be exact, start pushing for it fellas. Clean your cars, shine your wheels, clean the engine bay, vacuum that upholstery and start to spool those turbos cause we are going to make a thunderous entrance ;)

Anyone else!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

static1800
19-03-2007, 07:19 AM
actually 3 weeks ;)
just enough time for my boot respray (i hope)

gpk_gti
19-03-2007, 07:37 AM
can someone post all the details on the other websites? vwvortex,ozaudi etc? im sure they know but im not familiar with those sites so I can check.
I heard somewhere that performanceVW was sending photographers....:???: ....

Golf Loon
19-03-2007, 07:42 AM
There is 2 weeks left 15 days to be exact, start pushing for it fellas. Clean your cars, shine your wheels, clean the engine bay, vacuum that upholstery and start to spool those turbos cause we are going to make a thunderous entrance ;)

Finish putting my Mk1 project together and register the Scirocco! Phew.

Zee - Golfie
19-03-2007, 07:37 PM
I post probably bring another two vw dubers in that day. so make it 3 for me...not promising though, but will try by best.

:cool:

Golf Loon
19-03-2007, 07:40 PM
aprr32 will come in his Turbo Caddy and Al will come from Canberra in his 16v Mk1. Thats 2 more definates.

william
19-03-2007, 07:44 PM
got the ibiza back from muller today they fitted lower control arm bushes, strut mounts along with a drive belt and rego check things i havnt got time to do myself plus i needed a press so they did it the car is now awesome to drive, takes bumps nicer and has less torque steer i did heaps on it today washed ,waxed vacumed interior,steam cleaned interior,degreased engine,polished gti wheels and exhaust,and cleaned up wiring engine bay, dropped off the vr6 bbs wheels for media blashing and repainting in gunmetal grey for 80 dollars a wheel

Golf Loon
19-03-2007, 07:47 PM
You missed off the lasts sentance William. See you at the Nats :)

william
19-03-2007, 07:51 PM
no i just forgot to put punctuation lol nice to see you getting the mk1 and rocco ready sweet

Golf Loon
19-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Carpoid, Beau and Peter G all said they were coming at the meet and greet. Thats at last 3 more for the list.

william
19-03-2007, 08:20 PM
ive got two more an audi rs6 and do you guys remember the guy with the mk1cabrio broke a drive shaft on the wollongong cruise he has also got a 20vt in a mk1 gti his a mates mate so il get onto him what about steve passat wagon?

blackgti1.8
19-03-2007, 09:12 PM
I'll be there - as long as I get back in time for (latish) Easter Sunday lunch:)

DubSteve
19-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Come on fellas this is looking good I'd say almost 30 cars so far GO TEAM!!!!

Anyone else???

Within the next couple of weeks I need to do alot and GPK can back me up on this one I know that he gets sick of me rambling on about my car to him lol ;)

static1800
20-03-2007, 06:39 AM
yeh it is looking promising, anyone you know who can have a chance of being interested talk to them and get them involved.

Golf Loon
20-03-2007, 07:42 AM
Steve Passat Wagon will be there. Definately.

The guy with the Cabri Phil is glfmk1 on here. Gee him up if you can William.

fuzion
20-03-2007, 04:40 PM
well i can come now, just got to get the day off work .. should be myself, other black gti, dub20v, im sure tiny/stan/louie are also coming amongst few other texers possibly as well.

DubSteve
21-03-2007, 09:53 AM
well i can come now, just got to get the day off work .. should be myself, other black gti, dub20v, im sure tiny/stan/louie are also coming amongst few other texers possibly as well.

Awesome the more the merrier thats what we need, so excited that I have almost run out of money trying to get the car ready lol ;)

Still need a few items lip spoiler and antenna :)

fuzion
21-03-2007, 04:20 PM
what the hell are you buying!

everythings good on mine! awaiting my 20mm spacers or another set of wheels, whichever happens first lol... and then spend sat polishing her up which wont take long (err yeah right)

DubSteve
21-03-2007, 04:32 PM
what the hell are you buying!

Hehe wait and see just a few little mods that I have done for the Nationals :)

gpk_gti
21-03-2007, 05:11 PM
fffffffffaaaaaaarrrrrrkkkkkkkk,need to find someone to drive my car so I can bring a modded mk5 TDI....keep it up guys!! spread the word!!!!!!!

Golf Loon
21-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Neeeeed mooooorrrrrrreeee tiiiimmmmmeeeeeeeee. Can anyone stretch the days so I can get more in em.

Turnout looking good so far guys, who else??

gpk_gti
21-03-2007, 06:00 PM
hold on,ill just patch you through to DR Who!! just ditch the wife!!! are you personally trying to win the highest amount of trophys!! hehe

finemk1
21-03-2007, 06:07 PM
i agree loooooooooooonger days will help heaps, ,after loon is finished with the docter send him my way!!! im trying my hardest to be ready .....

fuzion
21-03-2007, 06:13 PM
dont worry, theres bound to be some "sik" chrome wheels on some car to ruin it lol :P its a guarantee at every car show! :)

how many categories are their for the watercools again?

static1800
21-03-2007, 06:30 PM
luckily there isnt a "sik" chrome wheels one.

gpk_gti
21-03-2007, 06:31 PM
aaahhhhh ***** ,you busted me,, I was just about to chrome my schmidts!!!!! hehehehehhehehe

Golf Loon
21-03-2007, 06:44 PM
I`m not trying to win a trophy, but my Mk1 has not been ready for the last 2 nats. If it misses this one, I`ll probably just tip in in the river.

william
21-03-2007, 08:11 PM
which one i more inportant guys repainting my mk3 bbs vr6 standard wheels or getting rego either way il still be at the nats i just got the day off work woohoo

william
21-03-2007, 08:16 PM
mat if you need a hand i have the day off work just give us a call at 9

DubSteve
22-03-2007, 12:00 AM
which one i more inportant guys repainting my mk3 bbs vr6 standard wheels or getting rego either way il still be at the nats i just got the day off work woohoo

I'd say get them repainted that would be the way to go for me :)

Draco
22-03-2007, 02:21 AM

Do you have anyone that you can recommend to paint/clean off the gutter marks (Previous owner liked to park CLOSE to the kerb! :( )

fuzion
22-03-2007, 06:26 AM
aaahhhhh ***** ,you busted me,, I was just about to chrome my schmidts!!!!! hehehehehhehehe

eek! dont ruin them!

clean them up with a bit of oc120 and polish them up,y ou'll be suprised how good it'll come out instead of wheel polish!

im sure someone from here/or the tex will win a trophy or somewhat! as said its bout the numbers in the end! good to see other cars for ideas and share the same interest... pitty theres such a small interest in the euro's in comparisin to the jap cars!

---

regarding wheel rash, i could send you to someone but they're in the city!
try bob jane, as they arent to expensive these days for wheel repair and usually the job is very nice!

srbsta
22-03-2007, 07:26 AM
would love to come to this show thing....:D...time to call in sick hehehe

william
22-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Do you have anyone that you can recommend to paint/clean off the gutter marks (Previous owner liked to park CLOSE to the kerb! :( )

the business name is Magman Workshop For Wheels
2/ 21 Moxom Rd Punchbowl NSW 2196
p: (02) 9709 2686

$85 a wheel repairs and paints need to leave with him for a week im doing mine andf getting sprayed gunmetal or black i have two sets

Draco
22-03-2007, 04:25 PM
the business name is Magman Workshop For Wheels
2/ 21 Moxom Rd Punchbowl NSW 2196
p: (02) 9709 2686

$85 a wheel repairs and paints need to leave with him for a week im doing mine andf getting sprayed gunmetal or black i have two sets

Thanks for the name and I guess $85 isn't too bad for each wheel, now all I have to do is get a spare set of wheels :)

william
22-03-2007, 05:44 PM
pm me il give you a set

Golf Loon
22-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks for the name and I guess $85 isn't too bad for each wheel, now all I have to do is get a spare set of wheels :)

Shoulda grabbed my spare set today :?

Just realized I have 2 weekends before the Nats, not one. Wahoo. Thanks Dr Whoooooo!

The 16v is getting engineered tomorrow , plates are on order, hopefully rego next week. Then look out! Plent of trim to put together first too!

evorobin
22-03-2007, 10:33 PM
Great news Matt. 16 days to Sydney :cool:

Golf Loon
22-03-2007, 10:37 PM

Sweeeet. Better rego the rocco I suppose. :D

fuzion
22-03-2007, 10:55 PM
woop! plan change again, looks like i will make it after all! not entirely sure going now ($4500 ticket ouch!) + if i do i will be back in time i hope!

gpk_gti
23-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Sweeeet. Better rego the rocco I suppose. :D
how much dosh you blowing for the show ???? there goes the stash!!!!! j:

static1800
23-03-2007, 08:11 AM

shame you cant bring your gti :?

evorobin
23-03-2007, 09:37 AM
Tell me about it but with 32 hours driving getting the time off just wasn't gonna happen.

gpk_gti
23-03-2007, 09:44 AM
32hrs!! yawn! you coming 2 drivers?? stopping half way or doing non stop?? your going to be buggered when you get here! dont worry,we'll have a few beers ready to help with your judging!!hehe

evorobin
23-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Gav and I will be flying in early Sat so meet for a decent lunch north shore etc

static1800
23-03-2007, 10:48 AM
shame you don't have a mk1 polo, because they would just about fit in your hand luggage.

will be good to meet you evorobin, wish i could meet your mk2 aswell though.

fuzion
23-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Gav and I will be flying in early Sat so meet for a decent lunch north shore etc

excuse me for jumping half way into the convo..

you guys driving in or literally flying in? if you need a rental car cheaply, drop me a pm and ill see what ic an do for you

DubSteve
23-03-2007, 12:24 PM
excuse me for jumping half way into the convo..

you guys driving in or literally flying in? if you need a rental car cheaply, drop me a pm and ill see what ic an do for you

Driving in dude, keep on track guys, not long left now. My mods start tomorrow Muhahahaha lol j:

vinderliker
23-03-2007, 01:17 PM
Love to go, but I am saving up for a heart transplant for the Little Beastie. A Latino soul in a Germanic body!!!!

crazyfiggi
23-03-2007, 07:10 PM
I will be there with my golf for sure. Ive been the last few years...in air cooled dubs, this will be my first year with a water pumper. Should be a great day.
Alex.

blackgti1.8
23-03-2007, 08:28 PM
Shoulda grabbed my spare set today :?

Just realized I have 2 weekends before the Nats, not one. Wahoo. Thanks Dr Whoooooo!

The 16v is getting engineered tomorrow , plates are on order, hopefully rego next week. Then look out! Plent of trim to put together first too!

Congratulations Matt:D
Looks like that Nats will be kind to you this year - with 2 weeks to fine tune:)
I'll have to check it out tomorrow...

Hmm, I can feel a wee little 8v vs 16v test comming up sometimej:

Golf Loon
25-03-2007, 07:36 PM
Dont loose the faith fellas. Lets keep this ball rolling. Not long to go now.

rayray086
26-03-2007, 01:08 AM
Started detailing the car already. Doing it one panel at a time - wax strip, wash, clay, ScratchX, polish, re-wax! I'm spending way too much time on this!

DubSteve
26-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Started detailing the car already. Doing it one panel at a time - wax strip, wash, clay, ScratchX, polish, re-wax! I'm spending way too much time on this!

Me likes the sound of this very much, good to see you started early ray.

I hope I am able to get my car finished in time, Cleaning is going to take me forever ;)

rayray086
26-03-2007, 10:43 AM
I hope I am able to get my car finished in time, Cleaning is going to take me forever ;)

It'll pay off, trust me! The "detailed" panels are so smooth, a gecko would even slide off it j:

fuzion
26-03-2007, 09:08 PM
i detect reptile abuse! they shouldnt be used to test your polish but tyres only lol

static1800
26-03-2007, 09:15 PM
It's creeping up fast, so little time! got to get some panels sprayed, clean up my engine bay. all round wax and polish which can't happen until it's painted and get my bumpers and plastics blacker then the night sky.

DubSteve
27-03-2007, 01:24 AM
get my bumpers and plastics blacker then the night sky.

Now thats what I am talking about ;)

gpk_gti
27-03-2007, 07:42 AM
these guys are going to start taking ARMOUR ALL shots soon!!!!!

static1800
27-03-2007, 08:14 AM
you're just jealous you don't have any black bumpers :D

gpk_gti
27-03-2007, 08:24 AM
armour all is bad!! after a while it fades and leaves the plastic worse off.there is much better stuff.can find out for u guys if u like.

static1800
27-03-2007, 08:35 AM
i saw a thing on vortex about it you can use kiwi black shoe dye, it works real well. Make sure you use the dye not the wax.

DubSteve
27-03-2007, 09:29 AM
i saw a thing on vortex about it you can use kiwi black shoe dye, it works real well. Make sure you use the dye not the wax.

I use the Mequires stuff, the best stuff comes out realllllllly Goooood!!!

gpk_gti
27-03-2007, 09:37 AM
you should all look at the autoglym stuff.dont need to wreck ur elbow with 4 different types of polish and they have a not bad black renovator.their polish beats meguires and mothers hands down for ease of use and such a high gloss.makes water bead off for months after.

evorobin
27-03-2007, 10:25 AM
I use autoglym on my bumpers but wouldn't say it gives the blackest finish. If you want em really black use a spray like back to black.

peedman
27-03-2007, 10:39 AM
You can use vinyl buff, my work uses that to clean parts, freshen up rubber hoses and stuff or on tyres to make em look new.

DubSteve
28-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Come on fellas lets get back on topic the nationals are on in 11 days :D:D:D:D

static1800
28-03-2007, 09:36 AM
jesus is it that close, need to get my boot sprayed this w/e

Golf Loon
28-03-2007, 09:39 AM
Yeah I have plenty to doo too. Aaaaargh

static1800
28-03-2007, 09:42 AM
how many cars you bringing loon?

DubSteve
28-03-2007, 10:55 AM
Damn I'm running out of time to so much work so little time, I'll be probably still going of the morning of the Nats............at 5am to finish lol.

srbsta
29-03-2007, 10:44 AM
anyone here comin from the manly area...that i can tag along with :D

gpk_gti
29-03-2007, 11:11 AM
GUYS!!!!! do you think we should start a ROLL CALL THREAD to find out exactly who is coming???:?

Draco
29-03-2007, 11:50 AM
GUYS!!!!! do you think we should start a ROLL CALL THREAD to find out exactly who is coming???:?

The easiest way to keep track of whose coming and whose not is if you turn this thread into a poll or create a new poll in this thread.. That way you can see at a glance, the only down side to this is if you are bringing more than one Watercooled like I will be....

static1800
29-03-2007, 05:43 PM
Looks like my boot wont be getting done before easter :( snuck up on me and ive left it to late, everyone is booked out until after easter.

Golf Loon
29-03-2007, 05:48 PM
A couple of steps closer for me today.
Blue Slipped the Scirocco today and went for a drive in it. Great fun seeing people staring and trying to work out what it is. One guy nearly walked into a lampost :D
Finished off some wiring issues on the Mk1. Now have brakelights and indicators!!
Got my brand new fuel distributor from the UK, slapped it in, car started straight up and ran sweet. It revved to 7grand too :)
Engineer will have finished the report by tomorrow, then blueslip then rego.
I was gonna take 3 cars, but looks like I wont have a spare driver, so may have to leave the Toledo 16v at home.

finemk1
29-03-2007, 06:03 PM
sad and good news guys, ,car is finito.. but after RTA couldnt find my engine number, i rubed back a bit of paint to reveal a different number to the engineers report, RTA are dumb and are checking my motor's history now, i mean they could just change the papers, poo has hit the fan at a great speed, so im waiting for the RTA to do vechile ID check , might take longer than a week, ,,,,,aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. why me...

rayray086
29-03-2007, 08:01 PM
A couple of steps closer for me today.
Blue Slipped the Scirocco today and went for a drive in it. Great fun seeing people staring and trying to work out what it is. One guy nearly walked into a lampost :D
Finished off some wiring issues on the Mk1. Now have brakelights and indicators!!
Got my brand new fuel distributor from the UK, slapped it in, car started straight up and ran sweet. It revved to 7grand too :)
Engineer will have finished the report by tomorrow, then blueslip then rego.
I was gonna take 3 cars, but looks like I wont have a spare driver, so may have to leave the Toledo 16v at home.

:o We'll be seeing the Mk1 and Scirocco then!?

sad and good news guys, ,car is finito.. but after RTA couldnt find my engine number, i rubed back a bit of paint to reveal a different number to the engineers report, RTA are dumb and are checking my motor's history now, i mean they could just change the papers, poo has hit the fan at a great speed, so im waiting for the RTA to do vechile ID check , might take longer than a week, ,,,,,aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh.. why me...

Ah mate, that sucks. We still have more than a week so have faith :thumbs_up:

Golf Loon
29-03-2007, 08:12 PM
:o We'll be seeing the Mk1 and Scirocco then!?

Yup. Both with numberplates by hook or by crook.

Al hope you manage to sort the RTA out. Sounds like you have had a run of bad luck with the goons.

gldgti
29-03-2007, 08:27 PM
great to hear about your lovely rocco matt.... and the mk1.

i'll have to come i think... its been piling up here for me but there'll just be too many cool cars this year to miss, so the blue diesel will be along, with some improvments.

maybe i'll even manage to drag the GF along too....

good luck with the bureaucrats....

DubSteve
30-03-2007, 10:31 AM
Mine to but I'm going to be cutting it reallllllllllllllllllllllllllly close... Exhaust gets done tomorrrow morning, custom intake and strut bar Tuesday and Tyres on Wednesday/ Thursday Morning ARGHHHH, would have got them done now but no money and need to wait for paycheck.

On the other hand still need to clean the engine bay, put on clear indicators fit new lip spoiler, paint badges, polish and wax all will get done on Friday and Saturday. Its alot but were getting there (Thanks Morris Yemma) :)

syncro
30-03-2007, 11:42 AM
but after RTA couldnt find my engine number, i rubed back a bit of paint to reveal a different number to the engineers report, RTA are dumb and are checking my motor's history now, ...

I think your engineer is dumb, not the RTA.
Just shows what waste of space Australian unis are:???:

gpk_gti
30-03-2007, 12:42 PM
think my car will be ready???:D
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/b685cd83.jpg

DubSteve
30-03-2007, 03:30 PM
think my car will be ready???:D
http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/

I heard that your going for weight reduction this year at the Nats... Is this true ;)

gpk_gti
30-03-2007, 03:37 PM
yeah,,,im going for the ULTIMATE RAT look!!!j:

DubSteve
30-03-2007, 04:13 PM
yeah,,,im going for the ULTIMATE RAT look!!!j:

I'd say you win;)

gpk_gti
30-03-2007, 04:25 PM
bad boy bonnet??? BAHHHH ,try NO BONNET!!! now isnt that bad???:D

DubSteve
30-03-2007, 04:38 PM
Just like that saying "Show us ya motor" ;)

badgolfibad
30-03-2007, 11:52 PM
hey fellas wats the go wit nats we just gonna cruze around or we got space to park and display our dubs?

gpk_gti
31-03-2007, 07:56 AM
if you have a watercooled and you park outside,IM GOING TO FIND YOU AND KILL YOU!!!!
all VWW members are EXPECTED to park inside!!! come early so you can get a spot inside with us.Ill be walking around the car park with MK3VR6 helping me divert all the watercoolers to park with us.
any questions,pm or just post here!!!!!
hope to see you there!!!!:)

static1800
31-03-2007, 08:37 AM
if you have a watercooled and you park outside,IM GOING TO FIND YOU AND KILL YOU!!!!
all VWW members are EXPECTED to park inside!!!:)

Quoted for truth. :D

gpk_gti
31-03-2007, 08:45 AM
static1800,,, you have just been volunteered to help with the coralling of the watercoolers in the carpark!hehehhe! otherwise we will have half the show in the outside carpark!!!!

I can understand non members of this forum parking outside,because they dont know the trouble(and work:o ) some of us have gone through for this show to go well,BUT if your a member of VWW and park outside!!! oooohhhh ,Im going to wish all manner of bad things to happen to you,(things like ,after death may you drive a magna in hell for eternity!:mad: hehe)

static1800
31-03-2007, 09:00 AM
OK yeh i will help out, do i get some sort of whip?
I'm off now to buy cleaning and polishing products then take photos of my car :D

syncro
31-03-2007, 02:08 PM
Make sure that we get an undercover spot as no-one looks at the cars outside.

DubSteve
31-03-2007, 02:41 PM
All that want to attend the Nationals please refer to this thread from now.

http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?p=43061#post43061

Just to make it easier, its roll call!!!

derochta
31-03-2007, 05:23 PM
Very interested in turning up at the meet sunday 8 th april, I have just completed a full installation of the new Oettinger Body Kit, 4 pipe exhaust, wheels, chip, on a Mk 5 GTI. Everything Oettinger. I think it's the first in the land of Oz.
Cheers Derochta.

static1800
31-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Hope to see you there :)

gpk_gti
01-04-2007, 09:37 PM
hey MATT, what time will you be gettin up there???

static1800
01-04-2007, 09:41 PM
which matt? me, loon or the other matts.

gpk_gti
01-04-2007, 09:45 PM
calling all matts!! hehej: hehe nah,,,golf loon!!

fuzion
01-04-2007, 10:14 PM
should be interesting, the only thing left is the weather now lol

Golf Loon
01-04-2007, 10:30 PM
I want to be there at 9am latest, probably 8.30

We want all watercoolers there as early as possible, definately by 10.30.
You can still get in after that and park with us, but you`ll have missed lots of cool stuff.

Bring wives, gfs, children, pets, food, beer and your VWs

Anyone who goes on other forums, please post the word.

Address is Fairfield Showground, Smithfield Road, Western Sydney

See you there

static1800
01-04-2007, 10:46 PM
im staying up in sydney on saturday so will ge there by 9.

fuzion
02-04-2007, 12:56 PM
We'll be there between 8-9am the latest

Draco
02-04-2007, 03:42 PM
I want to be there at 9am latest, probably 8.30

We want all watercoolers there as early as possible, definately by 10.30.
You can still get in after that and park with us, but you`ll have missed lots of cool stuff.

Bring wives, gfs, children, pets, food, beer and your VWs

Anyone who goes on other forums, please post the word.

Address is Fairfield Showground, Smithfield Road, Western Sydney

See you there

Definitely get there early as Judging usually finishes at 11:00 and I don't know how well this "Drive Through Judging" will work in relation to a traffic jam in the car park.. :?:

To find Fairfield showground via www.whereis.com.au click on the "place" tab, select "Racecourses & trotting" near the bottom of the "Places of interest" and enter in the suburb "Prairiewood". With this you can "Get Directions" from your place... :cool:

There is also a cruise on Saturday from the Greyhound Social Club and I'll try to find out when it starts if you want:???:

gpk_gti
02-04-2007, 03:54 PM
Cruise on saturday 7th april.
10am: navigation and sight seeing run through south east sydney(ghetto and drive by shooting hot spots!hehe sorry joke!!)
meet at Greyhound social club 140 rookwood rd Yagoona at 10am.finish at vintage veedub supplies for a free sausage sizzle and a few drinks.
9pm : movie night at fairfield showground smithfield rd prariewood.come and help with setting up of the show area come at 7pm BYO food and drinks.

I have copied this from the club veedub magazine(with my silly addition)

I wont have time to attend any of the saturday festivities as I have work sat morning and ill only have sat afternoon to prep my car for sunday.

DubSteve
02-04-2007, 03:56 PM
Saturday will be cleaning the car all day :)

fuzion
02-04-2007, 04:32 PM
Saturday will be cleaning the car all day :)

as he said!

static1800
02-04-2007, 06:20 PM
I will be cleaning on friday and saturday morning then coming up to Sydney got some stuff to do like last minute additions, parcel shelf and underside dash panels. Going to be a great day!

gpk_gti
02-04-2007, 06:25 PM
so thats when you will get the shiny rims and cannon?j: ,hehehe ,what will happen when we go to the show and there is a hand full of shiny rim'd & cannon'd golfs there?? hehehe,ill supply the hammer!!!

static1800
02-04-2007, 06:40 PM
we will start the Golf removal task-force, where we have ethical right to strip owners of the cannoned and shiny rimmed golfs :) Only complies to mk1's and 2's though :D

rayray086
02-04-2007, 06:46 PM
Guys, I want to see some sneak previews!! Take a break from the working and try your hand at some teaser shots. Here's one of mine!

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/04/CIMG6089-1.jpg

+

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2007/04/CIMG6093-2.jpg

=

:confused: :D

Mk4 GTI taillight look-alikes FTW!

fuzion
02-04-2007, 06:50 PM
so thats when you will get the shiny rims and cannon?j: ,hehehe ,what will happen when we go to the show and there is a hand full of shiny rim'd & cannon'd golfs there?? hehehe,ill supply the hammer!!!

did you get your car back? altogether now and ready?

static1800
02-04-2007, 06:58 PM
I would post some pics of the vr6 lip on, but my g/f has the camera and she is away until tomorrow evening.

gpk_gti
02-04-2007, 06:59 PM
will check tomorrow,will be ready no later than thursday.then going for some secret show stuff!!
rayray086,,, looks like you are doing some heavy duty sweating!!! gota love that DIY.you will never be a real vdubber untill you stuff something yourself!!! hehehe
trying to organise milans mk5 TDI for the show.need a co pilot..

fuzion
02-04-2007, 07:46 PM
will check tomorrow,will be ready no later than thursday.then going for some secret show stuff!!
rayray086,,, looks like you are doing some heavy duty sweating!!! gota love that DIY.you will never be a real vdubber untill you stuff something yourself!!! hehehe
trying to organise milans mk5 TDI for the show.need a co pilot..

im presuming its the boser or different grill somewhat as you wouldnt have your bonnet/guards off otherwise lol :P

i was hoping to get my boser done this week but it still hasnt turned up :( and i doubt a week would cut it for me knowing my luck it wouldnt get finished argh! for next time, maybe the Berry show possibly! wondering where my freakin spacers are as well argh!

gpk_gti
02-04-2007, 07:55 PM
was going to do" the fill half circle" on the bonnet ,but some chump(on this forum,and will remain annonymous for now)****ed me on a bonnet. so just respraying all the stones chips and dodgy paintwork on front end.
didnt you know,best laid plans always go to ***** when it comes to car shows.

fuzion
02-04-2007, 08:13 PM
was going to do" the fill half circle" on the bonnet ,but some chump(on this forum,and will remain annonymous for now)****ed me on a bonnet. so just respraying all the stones chips and dodgy paintwork on front end.
didnt you know,best laid plans always go to ***** when it comes to car shows.

sorry to hear that dude! totally agree tho, my spacers have left over 2 weeks ago and according to tracking it says "Accepted" but not shipped, wtf! ...

fill yours in and go badgeless grill anyway whilst your there? why not! ... least no stone chips (for now lol)

gpk_gti
02-04-2007, 08:43 PM
GUYS!! I have just read the previous years thread on the nationals.http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=700
its a good reminder of what we are dealing with and why we need to GET ALL THE VWW TROOPS!!
@@@@@ its a battle and we must win ,the war against the dreaded aircooled-rorrist!!! and especially the spiritual leader -OSAMA BIN-yellow peril-LADIN.:mad: @@@@

alex g
02-04-2007, 08:58 PM
yer its brings back some memories that does

Golf Loon
02-04-2007, 09:09 PM
Re reading that thread shows me how we have all grown in a year. Carpoid mentions 100 mumbers on this forum last year and soon we will be 1000. There was also a lot of criticism of the judging criteria which has been addressed for this show. Everything is in place, now we just need you come my VW waterrcoole brethren. See you there.

DubSteve
02-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Ah well my car is at TCCA for some last minute tinkering :)

Last minute is always the best lol.

If that yellow turd wins, and some how that night that car blows up... It wasn't me!!!

static1800
02-04-2007, 09:33 PM
how many mk1 ones do we have in against it? and are we allowing it to park with us?

Golf Loon
02-04-2007, 09:43 PM
He can park with us, but last year declined to and parked amongst the bugs and buses.

How many Mk1s are there gonna be?
Mine - wont beat it on fit and finish, but will on engineering.
CrazyFiggi. A very nice 2 door
FineMk1? Will he make it??

Who else has one? Any ready?

gpk_gti
02-04-2007, 09:47 PM
with the judging system with have in place,if it wins its catagory ,its fair,because WE judged it to be so.
if by somehow it wins the overall prize,I give you my word and to all the forum,I will sell my golf and buy a magna(my secret love;)hehe ):mad:

static1800
02-04-2007, 09:55 PM
I will sell my golf and buy a magna(my secret love;)hehe ):mad:

dont...you...dare n:

fuzion
02-04-2007, 09:57 PM
So whats the total numbers? revised list/cars entering total now (from here that is)

gpk_gti
02-04-2007, 10:02 PM
how many you coming with fuzion??? add it to the roll call thread as steve is counting...

fuzion
02-04-2007, 11:42 PM
me +4 possibly 5.

syncro
03-04-2007, 07:34 AM
How many Mk1s are there gonna be?
Mine - wont beat it on fit and finish, but will on engineering.

It'll be very hard to beat on paint, finish etc. (Are there points for taste?)

DubSteve
03-04-2007, 09:55 AM
Those rims on that car the rear spoiler YUK!!! Like I said if it wins and blows up......wasn't me!

DubSteve
03-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Everyone has been added to the list so far we are looking at about 35 cars and people, we need drivers as some members will be bringing 2 or more.

I know with Oli he has a few, Matt has 3 but can only bring 2 and Milan from TCCA has a phat Mk5 TDI that is awesome but we can't bring it cause we have no one to drive it.

gpk_gti
03-04-2007, 10:04 AM
75% sure I have a co pilot for the mk5tdi

syncro
03-04-2007, 12:17 PM
Those rims on that car the rear spoiler YUK!!!

Yes, but those rims are super clean and the spoiler has perfect paint! That's what matters. Understand?

It's been a long time since I have seen anything look like beating this car (although there are a few Golfs that I would rather own).

Have a look under the bonnet. Are the mudguard bolts rusty? Are there bits missing? Is the wiring loom clean?

That's where the points are.

DubSteve
03-04-2007, 12:23 PM
Yes, but those rims are super clean and the spoiler has perfect paint! That's what matters. Understand?

It's been a long time since I have seen anything look like beating this car (although there are a few Golfs that I would rather own).

Have a look under the bonnet. Are the mudguard bolts rusty? Are there bits missing? Is the wiring loom clean?

I have seen those rims on nissan pulsars and the canary yellow paint on emergency exit doors!!! What happened to Alex's car last year I saw that car in PVW and that was horny and it didn't win WTF.

Well I think thats crap the car needs to flow not look like the delorian from Back to the future.

syncro
03-04-2007, 12:37 PM
I have seen those rims on nissan pulsars and the canary yellow paint on emergency exit doors!!! What happened to Alex's car last year I saw that car in PVW and that was horny and it didn't win WTF.

I'm only the messenger here and I dislike the styling as much as you, OK?

Alex's car is nowhere near as much attention to detail, except the interior that I can remember is immaculate. Check underneath the guards etc. That's where the points are.

I don't want to knock other people's cars so if you want to know where points are lost, come and have a look at mine and I will show you the bad points. I have been around a long time and have dozens of trophies to prove it. You must make the car to suit the judging.

static1800
03-04-2007, 12:51 PM
i think the major gripe people have with the yellow thing is it was made for judging 15 years ago and has only changed via big shiny rims.

It has only really continued to win because there is not alot of competition and if its winning, in the judges eyes that is the current golf "style", where as we know it is not at all. Thats why we need a big turnout, show our lovely cars and it will stick out like the proverbial as being an ugly out of date and i hope some things will change.

DubSteve
03-04-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm only the messenger here and I dislike the styling as much as you, OK?

Alex's car is nowhere near as much attention to detail, except the interior that I can remember is immaculate. Check underneath the guards etc. That's where the points are.

So your saying that underneath the guards are more important than a clean, good looking interior. I'm sorry but for something that you will never see thats wrong.

I feel that the car needs to have flowing lines and everything has to suit the car.

i think the major gripe people have with the yellow thing is it was made for judging 15 years ago and has only changed via big shiny rims.

It has only really continued to win because there is not alot of competition and if its winning, in the judges eyes that is the current golf "style", where as we know it is not at all. Thats why we need a big turnout, show our lovely cars and it will stick out like the proverbial as being an ugly out of date and i hope some things will change

Here here well said Matt.

syncro
03-04-2007, 12:55 PM
I think the problem is the way that the judging works. Style doesn't matter. There are no sections on the judging form for style (or lack of).

I argued about this 15 years ago. Hopefully I will be wrong this year.:)

DubSteve
03-04-2007, 12:58 PM
I think the problem is the way that the judging works. Style doesn't matter. There are no sections on the judging form for style (or lack of).

I argued about this 15 years ago. Hopefully I will be wrong this year.:)

Then that needs to change. Cause if the yellow thing wins well then our styling goes back 15 years and not forward.

syncro
03-04-2007, 12:59 PM
So your saying that underneath the guards are more important than a clean, good looking interior. I'm sorry but for something that you will never see thats wrong.

I'm not giving you an opinion here, I'm just telling you the way the points are given.

I feel that the car needs to have flowing lines and everything has to suit the car.

I agree 100%. That is my opinion.:)

fuzion
03-04-2007, 01:02 PM
not looking good for the day in weather guys

Sunday Shower or two.

City: Min: 16 Max: 21
West: Min: 13 Max: 22

from The Bureau of Meteorology.

static1800
I think us showing up with 35+ cars will make a big difference in the scene. It will open peoples eyes to us all. But in a way so what if it wins? he gets a trophy.. i think we need to just celebrate the fact that we all came and shared the passion we have for our cars.

syncro
Then that needs to change. Cause if the yellow thing wins well then our styling goes back 15 years and not forward.

I've known this car for over twenty years and have never liked the styling through its various phases. But that's just my opinion.

syncro
03-04-2007, 01:03 PM
I think us showing up with 35+ cars will make a big difference in the scene. It will open peoples eyes to us all. But in a way so what if it wins? he gets a trophy.. i think we need to just celebrate the fact that we all came and shared the passion we have for our cars.

That's the attitude.:)

DubSteve
03-04-2007, 01:04 PM
But for the points to be given that... Still feels wrong, don't forget that nearly all our dubs are daily drivers, extra cleaning then.

I agree 100%. That is my opinion.:)

Glad we could agree on something then.

Thats very true we should give ourselves a big pat on the back and a Beer :)

gpk_gti
03-04-2007, 03:42 PM

thank god we are not judging like that!!!!!!!!

gpk_gti
03-04-2007, 03:53 PM
I'm not giving you an opinion here, I'm just telling you the way the points are given.

not any more!!!! our cars are not judged by other people.I explained to David Birchall,how would he like if we judged the aircooled? we know nothing about them,yet we allow watercooled to be judged by aircoolers.He agreed.
Our cars will be judged by our peers,watercoolers entering ,judged by watercoolers!!!
SO PLEASE GUYS,there are ppl reading this who dont post,who are worried that it will be the same as years past.IT WONT!! thanks to alot of hard work from Golf loon!!SO HAVE NO FEAR!!!
all we need is a huge turnout to impress the organisers,to make sure this wont be our last involvement!! GET IT!!!this is our chance,if we have a low turn out or we behave like ****s(we wont)then we wont be invited again and we wont have control of judging.so lets put a positive face on,try our best to get as many cars to the show.Dont you guys think it will be awesome to have a big vwwatercooled show in australia like other countries??

static1800
03-04-2007, 04:13 PM
each car is having 4 judges right? then getting an average from all the scores as the total?

syncro
03-04-2007, 04:28 PM
Glad we could agree on something then.

And what don't we agree on???????:?

static1800
03-04-2007, 04:33 PM
someone said PVW mag are sending someone down, is this at all true?

gpk_gti
03-04-2007, 04:47 PM
each car is having 4 judges right? then getting an average from all the scores as the total?you got it!! each judge judges on the same catagories .eg- interior&ice ,exterior inc bodykits wheels ,etc etc. so before one judge was for each catagory.the same judge for years judged BODY.obviously he thought that car was so hot for him.get it!! hehe
by having four judges the possibility of that car winning overall is not possible.

someone said PVW mag are sending someone down, is this at all true?
someone was telling me that at our wollongong cruise.I hope its true!!

DubSteve
03-04-2007, 05:05 PM
And what don't we agree on???????:?

Read the last few pages.

syncro
03-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Read the last few pages.

Your pages must be different:?

gpk_gti
03-04-2007, 05:15 PM
how many cars u bringing syncro?

syncro
03-04-2007, 05:22 PM
Only one. Got sick of multiples many years ago.
I only have two cars now so I take the Kombi one year and the TT the next.

It'll be good to see you guys succeed where we failed.

fuzion
03-04-2007, 05:33 PM
showers predicted but can only hpe that wont happen in the end!

seems liek the judging will be a bit fairer this time around! hopefully wont be judged due to previous winners, owners etc.

syncro
03-04-2007, 05:38 PM
showers predicted but can only hpe that wont happen in the end!

Get there early, and get undercover.

gpk_gti
03-04-2007, 05:46 PM
It'll be good to see you guys succeed where we failed.you guys didnt fail,just built the foundations for this attempt.

hopefully wont be judged due to previous winners, owners etc.that deffinately wont be happening.4 judges,each independant!!! each catagory(4)has 25pts.so the total points is out of 400.

DubSteve
03-04-2007, 08:03 PM
Your pages must be different:?

No the same as everyone elses.

This year will be more fairer than any other year. So if we get a good turnout and make a statement well then, we got a chance for next year.

syncro
03-04-2007, 08:31 PM
No the same as everyone elses.

See me on Sunday, Steve.

gpk_gti
03-04-2007, 08:40 PM
im going to smack both of you on sunday!!j: !!!

blackgti1.8
03-04-2007, 09:01 PM
I've known this car for over twenty years and have never liked the styling through its various phases. But that's just my opinion.

Good grief Phil - you've been tracking this thing for 20 years:o
No wonder it's in prime condition - I'll bet he never drives it between Nats:rolleyes:

Well, I guess if all you want to do is win shows....
(seeing that style is obviously not a criteria)

I admire guys that have the patience to build show cars, but personally, I like to enjoy my cars...
Still, I'll be there to support the cause:)

syncro
03-04-2007, 09:08 PM
No wonder it's in prime condition - I'll bet he never drives it between Nats:rolleyes:

Well, I guess if all you want to do is win shows....
(seeing that style is obviously not a criteria)

I admire guys that have the patience to build show cars, but personally, I like to enjoy my cars...
Still, I'll be there to support the cause:)

Until a couple of years ago, it was a daily driver. He used to drive it about 10km to and from work and left it in the outdoor carpark all day 6 days per week for over twenty years. It was in the same condition then as it is now. He has more patience than me. Have you seen his Vento?

It has undergone various styling changes over the years and none of them that I have really liked, but each to their own.

Draco
03-04-2007, 09:47 PM

I agree 100%. That is my opinion.

The judging has been done at the Nationals for pretty much the whole time this way. I was a judge one year, and yes, personal taste was not something to be used as a yard stick, and I agree... The car that shall remain nameless that you're all talking about, while it may not be to everyones liking (Or pretty much, no ones liking here) you have to admit, it is in an immaculate condition, and THIS is what has won it so many trophies...

BUT there also has been (Up until this year) a "Daily Driver" class (Daily Driven up to 1960 All, Daily Driven 1961 to 1970 All, Daily Driven 1971 to 1980 All, Daily Driven 1981 to 1990 All, Daily Driven up to 1991to 2000 upwards All, Daily Driven 2001 Upwards All) to cater for those of us who don't just hide our cars in a glass box on the shelf and bring it out for the show days in an air conditioned, humidity controlled trailer... It's just that the watercooled fraternity may have seen this event as an air cooled only event and have stayed away, maybe because of the judging criterior:???: but now we have the chance to change this, and to do this, we need a good showing. When Brian and I mentioned the turn out to the Woolongong run at the committee and general meetings, most of them were stunned!:cool: So let's stun them again... I'm bringing 2 water coolers again and brian will be bringing his.

Brian is the one here to ask about the judging as he was one of the ones that set it up and also taught it, but that was then and this is now.. And whilst the traditionalists may still want to be judged this way, it doesn't mean that the Water generation want it so, which is why the Loon (and others) have put so much work into the new catagories (We have had something similar to these catagories, but they were removed because only a small number of watercoolers show up or they're all in the car park:mad:) then of course the club isn't going to buy trophies that are going to go to waste. One year at the Penrith forum there were more people in the car park than inside the show as there were more cars and BETTER cars outside... Go figure... :???:

gpk_gti
03-04-2007, 10:03 PM
sorry draco,forgot to thank you as well for all your work in setting this up!

Draco
03-04-2007, 10:44 PM
sorry draco,forgot to thank you as well for all your work in setting this up!

No probs gpk_gti, Brian and I have been pushing for a while but without the forums support, we'd still be trying to push the car with the hand brake on..

DubSteve
04-04-2007, 12:21 AM
See me on Sunday, Steve.

Hope to meet everyone there, good to see more people and get to know the faces that go with the username :)

Looks like its going to rain on the weekend:( This is going to be terrible, will have to chamois the car again once we get down there :(

fuzion
04-04-2007, 12:45 AM
Shower or Two it says for Sunday.

16 degrees.. so you know for that temp theres def a good chance of rain unfortunately. hopefully only cloudy and ugly sky at the worst case scenario!

chamois day it will be, maybe bring your own portable car port?

rayray086
04-04-2007, 12:54 AM
It's still 5 more days away. Fingers crossed that the predicted weather will change.

Draco
04-04-2007, 04:08 AM
Shower or Two it says for Sunday.

16 degrees.. so you know for that temp theres def a good chance of rain unfortunately. hopefully only cloudy and ugly sky at the worst case scenario!

chamois day it will be, maybe bring your own portable car port?

That's the beauty of the showground, the show is pretty much all undercover, except for the Kids rides and now the judging area, but we'll probably work something out on the day if the weather turns nasty..

See you all there.. :D

DubSteve
04-04-2007, 10:47 AM
That's the beauty of the showground, the show is pretty much all undercover, except for the Kids rides and now the judging area, but we'll probably work something out on the day if the weather turns nasty..

See you all there.. :D

Looks like we will be bringing the chamois and polish to redo the cars at the showground.

Just out of curiosity what time do the doors open?

syncro
04-04-2007, 11:03 AM
About 8am I think.

DUB 20V
04-04-2007, 11:27 AM
what time is judging is it before you drive in or after,

static1800
04-04-2007, 11:32 AM
it's drive through judging, so i'd say you are judged before you park for the day.

gpk_gti
04-04-2007, 11:36 AM
the earlier you get there,the earlier you are judged and then you get to park.
hey golf loon,will our judging be seperate line to the aircooled?

static1800
04-04-2007, 11:39 AM
would think so, we have different judges....

DUB 20V
04-04-2007, 11:42 AM
so you should stop down the road from the entrance to give the car a quick wipe over before you get judged what you drive in.

syncro
04-04-2007, 11:45 AM
There is a carpark just outside the entrance to the show area.

Golf Loon
04-04-2007, 11:48 AM
Yeah, drive in, get judged, go and park in the watercooled area.

gpk_gti
04-04-2007, 11:49 AM
im sure the line will be long enough for you to give the car a wipe over..

syncro
04-04-2007, 11:50 AM
Yeah, drive in, get judged, go and park in the watercooled area.
Where is the watercooled area? Indoors?

fuzion
04-04-2007, 12:08 PM
im sure the line will be long enough for you to give the car a wipe over..

was thinking that, maybe wise to pull over somewhere near and do it then?

DubSteve
04-04-2007, 01:16 PM
Bring out the windex and the chamois to clean the car.

gpk_gti
04-04-2007, 02:43 PM
do u use windex on the car ???:?

fuzion
04-04-2007, 02:52 PM
windex for the car, windex for the pimples (whatmovie was that from?)

some qd, windex and a chamois/mf cloth .. thats all ull need

DubSteve
04-04-2007, 03:19 PM
windex for the car, windex for the pimples (whatmovie was that from?)

some qd, windex and a chamois/mf cloth .. thats all ull need

My Big Fat greek wedding what are qd's?

static1800
04-04-2007, 03:34 PM
windex can go on your paintwork? or you just put it on the windows?

midget
04-04-2007, 04:10 PM
as fuzion said Quick Detailer for the Paint, Windex for the windows

DubSteve
04-04-2007, 05:24 PM
as fuzion said Quick Detailer for the Paint, Windex for the windows

Midget you coming to the show?

How much is quick detailer?

gpk_gti
04-04-2007, 05:51 PM
ive got some quick detailer ,banana.... a really good clean chamios is best in my experience

gpk_gti
04-04-2007, 10:25 PM
golf loon& guys, do you think we should run off some flyers to hand out at the show???and maybe stick on the couple watercoolers(hehe all inside I hope!) that will be parked in the carpark outside???

fuzion
04-04-2007, 10:34 PM
http://www.handsontools.com/image_manager/attributes/image/image_3/_6066503.jpg

auto one, repco usually have it. otherwise other brands from bowdens own, poorbooys etc from waxit.com.au also have stuff too (great site for detailing your car mind you)

rayray086
04-04-2007, 11:48 PM
golf loon& guys, do you think we should run off some flyers to hand out at the show???and maybe stick on the couple watercoolers(hehe all inside I hope!) that will be parked in the carpark outside???

For those of us with very little tint, we could chuck them inside the car when it's on display

auto one, repco usually have it. otherwise other brands from bowdens own, poorbooys etc from waxit.com.au also have stuff too (great site for detailing your car mind you)

Yep, all general auto retail shops shuold have that. I bought some Meguiar Quik Clay and the Quik Detailer comes with it. Mist, and wipe down, easy as.

static1800
05-04-2007, 08:21 AM
will have to pick some of that QD up.

How many flyers to we want guys? i can get them printed and what flyers exactly?

fuzion
05-04-2007, 11:38 AM
http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/6018/sundayvc1.jpg

might get better!

gpk_gti
05-04-2007, 12:26 PM

might get better!
you should get a job on ch10!

gpk_gti
05-04-2007, 12:28 PM
will have to pick some of that QD up.

How many flyers to we want guys? i can get them printed and what flyers exactly?
do a flyers search on here.there is a word doc brackie has done.maybe 50-100?? so we can hand them out??what do u think? if u cant find it post here and ill find the link

BL33SU
05-04-2007, 12:55 PM
got this reply after i emailed performancevw.

thanks for your mail. unfortunately we don't have anybody covering the event, but if you guys could provide some shots we'd be more than happy to tell the world that there's a serious dub scene down under.

keep us posted.

many thanks,

elliott

so every1 get your cameras and take snaps and some1 could send all the good pictures taken to them.

gpk_gti
05-04-2007, 01:08 PM
good on you mate!!!! so it was BS,,,ahh well,we will just email them all the picks!!

static1800
05-04-2007, 01:08 PM
brilliant! get snap happy guys!

Golf Loon
05-04-2007, 11:14 PM
Not long to go now you blokes. Bet you all have less to do than me.

DubSteve
05-04-2007, 11:41 PM
Not long to go now you blokes. Bet you all have less to do than me.

I need to clean, fit wheels, clean, fit indicators, clean, fit spoiler, clean, fit some clips OH and did I mention CLEAN!!!

static1800
06-04-2007, 08:00 AM
it's raining here atm :( i need to wash my car again to....

gpk_gti
06-04-2007, 08:57 PM
I think by sunday,we will all have washed the cars 4 times!! :mad:
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/44bc8e8e.jpg
looks much better!!!
broke the bonnet release arm,,anyone have a spare ??
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r311/yiorgo_gti/1cf4949c.jpg