PDA

View Full Version : VIC Motorsport 2010

Water Boy
18-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Hey gang,

We have talked about it many times but not much as happened.

- Pete has been busy with his Mk1
- Josh has a Mk1 that's ment to be on the track.
- Jarred is getting a Mk2
- Tim has a VR6 that needs a flogging
- Carl is hanging to get back on the track
- Stu is only allowed to drive on the race track so Mitch can drive him there.
- The Eurospeed crew all drive slow apart from Gerhard
- And my Dad thinks you all need to man up and braaappp it on the track

So there are heaps of hill climbs and track days coming up.

You will need:
Cams Level 2 Speed Licene (L2S)
Helemt
Firmly mounted Fire extinguisher
Non-elastic bonnet restraighnt
Blue Triangle
Some good pads decent brake fluid

Dont worry if ya car is slow or doesnt have Brembo's. I did my first track day in my Mum's auto Mk3 GL. And now I probably have less HP in my CL but who cares im having fun.

So lets get motivated and aim for a AROCA at Phillip Island or a Friday at Winton.

Tim
18-02-2010, 02:14 PM
ill get there oneday!
My VR6 needs a lot of fixing before it gets much flogging

WABIT
18-02-2010, 02:19 PM
ill bring dads skyline :goodluck:

Jarred
18-02-2010, 02:43 PM
I'm hoping to get out to an event this year. finally I should have a car that's capable and suitable.

Can we have some dates? prices? and a place to buy a helmet?

Water Boy
18-02-2010, 02:55 PM
Events range from $55 to $180 for the day.

Helmets can be bought from Revolution Racegear, OMP etc.

eBay and other forums have them too.

Race rubber is also nice.

Water Boy
18-02-2010, 02:57 PM
ill get there oneday!
My VR6 needs a lot of fixing before it gets much flogging

Well im here to Help... Jarred wil tag along and we will invaite Gav and Lorenz for good luck.

Geoffrey Hale
18-02-2010, 03:33 PM
Maybe I need to see how my Rally car goes on the tarmac.

GoLfMan
19-02-2010, 07:18 AM
I'd be up for it, but the Sooty would be the one on the track, not the mk1 :)

Jarred, have a chat to me I can arrange a helmet ;)

Water Boy
22-02-2010, 08:28 PM
Winton later on. I will be racing bieks that weekend probabaly but if sponsors dont work I may fang the Golf.

Anyone interested in doing this with me and Jorge? Awesome day out and with a good group of people.

Sunday 23rd May 2010 - EXE & Circuit Club Combined Track Day
Venue: Winton Raceway (3KM Long Track)
Price: $150 per driver (includes official timing)
Places: ~45 places for us, ~65 places maximum
Format: Open practice format
Spectators/Passengers: FREE!

Personal Requirements:
* CAMS L2S or AASA (see here to obtain license: http://www.exe-crew.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=3003
* Long sleeve and long pants of non-synthetic material.
* Enclosed footwear of some type.
* ADR-approved helmet, either full face or half face is OK.

Vehicle Requirements:
* Fire Extinguisher: Securely mounted via bracket, preferably bolted down within reach of driver. Must be CAMS approved, 1KG or above.
* Tow Hook Point: If detachable type, please install it as this will speed up recovery times on the day.
* Aftermarket bonnets (CF/Fibreglass/etc) will require a secondary restraint, such as a strap/chain/belt/pins). This is not required for factory bonnets with a double-latching mechanism.
* Vehicle in good running condition, this includes:
- Tyres in roadworthy condition with enough tread
- No oil or fluid leaks
- Brakes in good working condition
- No loose parts, including battery
- Vehicle interior and boot clear from loose objects (including spare wheel)

Notes:
* This is a combined event with Circuit Club (http://www.circuitclub.com.au/). Thanks to Narada, Jayne and the CC crew for helping us with this day.
* Everybody is welcomed, no matter how new or experienced you are at circuit driving.
* Any passengers are required to fill in and sign an indemnity form. Passengers are allowed at any time during the day.
* Please be on time, gates open 8AM! We will begin scrutineering at 8:15AM sharp, you are also required to visit the pit office for document checks/filling in indemnity form.
* There will be a driver's briefing prior to commencing track time at approximately 8:45AM. All drivers are required to attend the driver's briefing or will not be allowed on track.
* Please make sure your car is prepared, the quicker everybody is ready to go and have their car checked, the more track time we can have.
* Cars will be divided into groups based on estimated laptime, this is to ensure that there is minimum traffic for you, and as a result you get a clean and safe run, please provide estimate laptime.
* Timing will be posted on http://www.natsoft.com.au/ after the event, and may be viewable during the day near the scrutineering bay.
* This is not a competitive event, we are all here to have an enjoyable day. Please drive safely and follow instructions, or you will be banned from further driving.

How to Enter:
1) Please fill in entry form here: http://spreadsheets.google.com/viewform?formkey=dGtCU2hiTUJDT0JUdXlvakFWR3BPemc6M A
2) You will receive payment details within a few days. Once payment is received, your place is confirmed.
3) Groupings and supp regulations will be released closer to the date.

Peter Jones
22-02-2010, 08:45 PM
Maybe I need to see how my Rally car goes on the tarmac.

Cool, I could do with some company. :aag:

I was considering Winton sprints on the 14th of March, but it's a long drive and I'd need a crew.

Pete

16v_kid
22-02-2010, 08:51 PM
Dad and I will be hitting the track as soon as we get the 2E engine in the golf and some semi slicks.

:banana::banana:

which is anytime soon... -_-

16v_kid
22-02-2010, 08:52 PM
ill bring dads skyline :goodluck:

I think the heading says VW :P

Water Boy
22-02-2010, 09:41 PM

Im not racist.

Referring to car compnay

16v_kid
22-02-2010, 09:51 PM
Im not racist.

Referring to car compnay

well...you cant really compare a 6 banger with a hair dryer with a golf :brutal: lol

Water Boy
22-02-2010, 09:59 PM
well...you cant really compare a 6 banger with a hair dryer with a golf :brutal: lol

Wouldnt say a Mk1 couldnt keep up with a Golf mate! Look at some times.

Winton is a demanding track which rewards an agressive driver is a small car.

I know a Skyline is quicker but heck anything with good suspension, brakes, tyres and a nut with his head screwed on can go places.

Oneofthegreats
22-02-2010, 10:58 PM

Why not????

If my banger turbo'd mk1 can run with low 13 sec cars incl. tuned ls1 & ls2's why couldn't it run with a mildly tuned RB20 or even a R25 six?

Ask Dom how Nicks (Doms dad) Skyline would run against my mk1!

Obviously an RB26 (GTR engine) or a 2J (toyota big banger six which is on par with the RB26) is out of the question for my setup

Also my engine is only a stocker, so it wouldn't be exactly ideal on a track, but I reckon with a good oil cooler & the boost wound down to 10-14psi, set the suspension up how I had it in my GTI with the sticky tyres, it could run with some pretty fast cars. In a perfect world you'd also add a LSD of some sorts

Wouldnt say a Mk1 couldnt keep up with a Golf mate! Look at some times.

Winton is a demanding track which rewards an agressive driver is a small car.

I know a Skyline is quicker but heck anything with good suspension, brakes, tyres and a nut with his head screwed on can go places.

I think you meant a mk1 keeping up with a 6 banger & turbo but anyway,

I'm with you on this James.

I was lapping the exact times at Symmonds Plains which is a fair old power circuit in my banger engined GTI against an E46 M3 (probably more to do with the M3 driver though!) & was also able to run against an E30 in straight line drag race out of the horseshoe corkscrew turn up the back straight & also out brake & out maneuver him too!

Never underestimate what you can do in a simply setup mk1!

WABIT
23-02-2010, 10:07 AM

you obviously cant read

anyways, tims mk1, its ****ing quick! as in, itll smash dads skyline quick, any day under any conditions, and i can skate the skyline pretty well in 2nd gear accross 3 lanes for about 80mtrs, imagine getting that power down and still having some turbo'd mk1 smash that!

if i were to bring the skyline, id try to be no where near tim on the track haha

dom

16v_kid
23-02-2010, 02:34 PM
opppps it doest say vw only ahhahah...

sorry/

Water Boy
23-02-2010, 05:07 PM
Yeah sorry Golf giving ricers a run for the $$$ is what I ment to say.

Also Winton grid is 96% full so id say thats most of us out.

Water Boy
02-03-2010, 01:40 PM
Winton March 27th

Entry Fee: $150 Including Electronic Timing

Spectators are more than welcome, and there is no cost to come and watch. Also you can go for a ride in the cars but you must sign on with a Passenger indemnity first. Due to the amount of passengers at previous events our insurer has put a small levy on passengers of $10. You can just pay this when you sign the forms at the Scrutineering office.

The day will kick off when scrutineering starts at 7:30am. You will need to do your paper work at the scrutineering office before you have your car checked. Please make sure you have removed all loose items from inside the car.

YOU WILL NEED:
Long sleeve and long pants of non flammable materials i.e. No Nylon
AASA license which can be bought on the day for $50 (these last for 12 months) or CAMS L2S
Closed footwear
Helmet that complies to Australian Standards (has ASA or Snell Sticker)
Car needs to be in a good condition, no oil leaks, no loose items in the car and battery secure.
Good condition tyres
Working seatbelt (give it a pull and make sure it locks)

All people wishing to attend need to make payment to the specified bank account. When you send your email with your details you will be sent an entry form as well as payment details. You will need to email the following details

Full Name:
Email Address:
Mobile Phone Number:
Car Make & Model:
Capacity:
Previous best time at Winton:
Forum/Workshop you are a part of:

SO IF YOU ARE WOULD LIKE TO COMPETE EMAIL YOUR DETAILS TO
adam@tamperedmotorsport.com

Jarred
02-03-2010, 02:08 PM
march the 27th is a saturday or sunday?

Anyone else planning on going. I'm keen to get out there, although not sure if my car will be 100% ready?

Water Boy
02-03-2010, 02:39 PM

Anyone else planning on going. I'm keen to get out there, although not sure if my car will be 100% ready?

Its a Saturday but I cant go...

Geoffrey Hale
04-03-2010, 08:03 AM
Hi all .... Clash of dates for me. First round of the HRA rally championship on March 27 in the forests around Heathcote. Maybe another day. Cheers Geoff

Water Boy
05-03-2010, 11:54 AM
Nothing flash but if someone needs a lid:

http://firesport.com.au/racing-helmet-for-track-days-turbo-boost--ad148521.htm

GoLfMan
05-03-2010, 12:13 PM

I'm keen but will need some track rubber for my 15" track wheels... plus my CAMS licence and helmet :)

Jarred
05-03-2010, 12:16 PM
I'm thinking probably better to go down to PI when bruce is on, and everyone (inc VP guys) are down there. would make for a better day, and gives me more time to make sure everything is hunky dory with the mk 2

GoLfMan
05-03-2010, 12:23 PM
I'm thinking probably better to go down to PI when bruce is on, and everyone (inc VP guys) are down there. would make for a better day, and gives me more time to make sure everything is hunky dory with the mk 2

give's me time to get money for a licence and a helmet!

I'm going to get an open face helmet... they are only about $80 for an ADR approved one,

then the hunt for tyres begins

Buller_Scott
06-03-2010, 12:10 AM
dumb question, guys, but im clueless and i couldnt find too much literature on the cams site last time i checked, other than a whole bunch of stuff pertaining to the relationship between and functions of the different division of cams, so....

how to get a license? do you gotta do courses/ classroom theory work etc etc over a period of time? any square-footed buttkick in the right direction would be great.

cheers

scott

Peter Jones
06-03-2010, 07:48 AM
dumb question, guys, but im clueless and i couldnt find too much literature on the cams site last time i checked, other than a whole bunch of stuff pertaining to the relationship between and functions of the different division of cams, so....

how to get a license? do you gotta do courses/ classroom theory work etc etc over a period of time? any square-footed buttkick in the right direction would be great.

cheers

scott

Join a CAMS affiliated car club, (PIARC, VWCV HAC etc)
Send CAMS money.

That's it.

The CAMS website sucks for finding stuff..

Here's where all the license types can be found.
http://cams.com.au/Development/Get%20Involved/Competitors/Licence%20Types.aspx

Here's a direct link to the LS2 license application form.
http://cams.com.au/Development/Get%20Involved/Competitors/~/media/Files/Development/Get%20Involved/Competitors/Licenses/57987%20CAMS%20License%20Application_2010.ashx (http://cams.com.au/Development/Get%20Involved/Competitors/%7E/media/Files/Development/Get%20Involved/Competitors/Licenses/57987%20CAMS%20License%20Application_2010.ashx)

Pete

Buller_Scott
06-03-2010, 01:29 PM
cheers pete! yeah- on the cams website, the information wall etc looked pretty much impenetrable, i was like ''how in the hell does a young guy like josh get his cams license at such a young age when surely its gonna take me years to be able to get clearance for sightseeing non-competitor status at any cams events?!?!?!?!"

this is the info i needed.

thanks heaps! always wondered what it'd be like in an (official, timed, competetive) hillclimb.

cheers mate,

scott

Water Boy
06-03-2010, 05:31 PM
Hope the APR - GTI is all ok: http://www.natsoft.com.au/cgi-bin/results.cgi?07/03/2010.WIN.R4

Jarred
06-03-2010, 05:46 PM
had some brake issues. had to go home early :(

qsilverza
16-03-2010, 03:43 PM
Well the 80's far from being where I want it, but I have stripped it changed the oil given the coolant a flush, removed the AC and heater box etc !!!

So lets go do some sprints boys !! :) All I really need to do now is brakes/Windscreen/Bonnet Catch/ Fire extinguisher/battery and she'll be dubbin along with 4-rings hahah (I'll be towing her with the Bora that counts right :))

I See NDSOC is having some sprints, now all I need besides the above is a trailer as I'm not paying criminal rates to rent it for a day, can anyone recommend where to get one or where to hire on the cheap ?

http://www.vssc.org.au/

http://www.vssc.org.au/e-mail/email01.htm

If you have difficulty viewing this e-mail, view it on the website
Victorian SuperSprint Championship
Round 1: Sandown, Sunday, April 4, 2010
For the first time in Victoria, car club members with a CAMS L2S (or superior) who attend the track days organised by their club or other CAMS affiliated clubs have an opportunity to compete for the tile of ‘Victorian Champion’ either ‘outright’ or in a particular ‘Category’ or ‘Class’. There are up to 93 trophies to be won!
Who can enter? The Victorian SuperSprint Championship is open to anyone who holds a CAMS L2S (or superior) and is a member of a CAMS affiliated club.
What car can I bring? Just enter the car you normally use at your club track day. Everything from the 'daily driver' through to the dedicated Race Car is eligible for a trophy in this event.
The Championship will be decided over three rounds. To win the Championship or a particular Category or Class you will need to compete in at least two Championship Rounds and in most cases three. Championship Rounds will be held at Sandown, Phillip Island and Winton.
When is the first round? The first Championship Round will be held at Sandown on Sunday, April 4, 2010. Entries are open NOW.
Where can I find out more? The Victorian SuperSprint Championship has its own website which will tell you all you need to know about the Championship and it’s where you will be able to download all the documents you’ll need to enter. To go to the website, simply ‘click’ on the link below:
>>Victorian SuperSprint Championship website

Jarred
31-03-2010, 09:47 AM
I've been looking through the CAMS site, but I can't catergorically see if it says; I just want to know if open face helmets are OK?? As long as they meet the appropriate requirements

Water Boy
31-03-2010, 09:55 AM
Yeah open face a ok.

GoLfMan
31-03-2010, 10:24 AM
sweet Jarred, helmet shopping soon :D

Water Boy
08-04-2010, 09:46 PM
Ok thinking Watercooled and friends Winton Friday motorsport day.

Test & Tune - Cars & Motorcycles

This activity is for the set up of cars and motorcycles for competition.

Cost: $120 per participant (passengers not permitted)

Gates Open: 8.00am Gates Close:6.00pm
Track Open: 10.00am Track Close: 4.30pm

For information on Test and Tune days refer to FAQ's

Iv been a few times on a Friday with a friend testing but have never run my own car.

Pretty much we get to flog the living day lights out of our cars.

Fridays are good, cheap and most of all plenty of track time.

So after winter we need all teh crew there. Josh, Jarred, Tim, Eurospeed blokes who ever. We will mak sure we have it all sorte din advance and away we roll.

16v_kid
08-04-2010, 11:06 PM
Sandown sprints 9th May

http://www.holdenclub.com/Ford%20v%20Holden%20Series.htm <<< supp regs

GoLfMan
09-04-2010, 08:11 AM
Sandown sprints 9th May

http://www.holdenclub.com/Ford%20v%20Holden%20Series.htm <<< supp regs

ill be trying to make that one :)

16v_kid
09-04-2010, 08:28 AM
ill be trying to make that one :)

Same with us. We need a helmet and a few other safety stuff.

What car you thinking about going with?

WABIT
10-04-2010, 01:00 AM
his half restored mk1! OBVIOUSLY!..........................

16v_kid
17-04-2010, 03:39 PM
doubt were going to make this one. We still haven't found some Sparco's.

But, we will see how we go.

Also, the 1.6 isn't doing any good. engines done 230000km++ without a rebuild.

Oneofthegreats
17-04-2010, 03:56 PM
doubt were going to make this one. We still haven't found some Sparco's.

But, we will see how we go.

Also, the 1.6 isn't doing any good. engines done 230000km++ without a rebuild.

Come on dude.

Thats not a very good excuse!

You fitted a massive cam to a old engine, but you won't hammer it?

230K. Psssssft. Thats a baby engine. It hasn't even lived. haha

for interest sake. I ran my banger engine hard as hell from rebuild till corrosion ate it away with nearly 400K on it & I was still using it everyday. The syd. trip it basically sat on 4000-4200 the entire trip (2000km)

My current turbo'd engine had done in excess of approx 320+K before I fitted the turbo setup & I also drive it it everyday & 600-800+km a week.

I've probably done my km with the turbo setup, than most city people will actually do with there cars period!

But saying that. I also won't track race it, cause I know one lap of a race track & the engine would be toast!

16v_kid
17-04-2010, 05:30 PM
My dad is killing the day lights out of the engine. Even ask Jarred when they spotted each other.

When your in the car, you smell on oil when you come out. ahaha

But, dad said if we get the seats we will track it until it dies. So could happen.

Been searching on eBay these few days and had no luck.

LONG LIVE VW ENGINES!

Peter Jones
18-04-2010, 09:15 PM
Just filled in the entry form and signed the cheque for the sprints at Sandown on the 9th of May.

See you there.

Pete

Preen59
18-04-2010, 09:28 PM
I've been contemplating doing a track day or super sprint with the Caddy.. But that is all money i could spend getting my Mk1 on the road and that will hopefully be MUCH more fun! :)

Good to see someone getting out there and having a go, but! :)

16v_kid
18-04-2010, 10:25 PM
Just filled in the entry form and signed the cheque for the sprints at Sandown on the 9th of May.

See you there.

Pete

Good stuff Pete,

I hope we find some seats in time.

Dads got the Cam license and everything is ready. Just those bloddy seats. arrrrhh

Peter Jones
18-04-2010, 10:30 PM
If it's only a seat you need I'll loan you that one Josh keeps threatening to buy for the day. :)

It's already on a MK1 frame, just slides in. but it's real close to the floor as I'm 6'2".

Pete

16v_kid
18-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Sounds good Pete.

Dad and I appreciate it very much.

GoLfMan
19-04-2010, 08:31 AM

See you there.

Pete

when does entry close mate?!?!?!?! Im dead keen for this one

Peter Jones
19-04-2010, 08:47 AM
Entry closes on the day but it's $20 cheaper if you pay up before 6/5/10.

It's all in the fine print on the entry form. http://www.ffcc.asn.au/Entry_Forms/FFCC%20Sandown%209th%20May%202010.pdf

Pete

velly_16v_cab
19-04-2010, 12:30 PM

See you there.

Pete
i will pop over for this for a watch, i have my old man over at the mo, i think he will enjoy it

16v_kid
19-04-2010, 04:24 PM
Entry closes on the day but it's $20 cheaper if you pay up before 6/5/10.

It's all in the fine print on the entry form. http://www.ffcc.asn.au/Entry_Forms/FFCC%20Sandown%209th%20May%202010.pdf

Pete

But isn't there a risk of not getting in if you pay on the day, because there is a limit to 96 entries? does it usally end up full at the end of the day?

16v_kid
19-04-2010, 07:05 PM
i will pop over for this for a watch, i have my old man over at the mo, i think he will enjoy it

Im deadset excited for this too.

3 mk1's if Josh can get his in time!!!! comon man! get it done.

Edit: Our golf is undergoing a engine transplant this week so we will see how that goes.

I hope the entries arnt full by the 9th cause were going to sign up on the day.

Jarred
19-04-2010, 10:28 PM
josh isn't going to make it to the track in his mk 1. it's stripped and waiting for paint...

16v_kid
19-04-2010, 10:31 PM
josh isn't going to make it to the track in his mk 1. it's stripped and waiting for paint...

Unlucky. Guess its only dad and Pete.

GoLfMan
20-04-2010, 12:24 PM
Unlucky. Guess its only dad and Pete.

no i'll be tracking sooty instead.... finances permitting

16v_kid
21-04-2010, 09:41 PM
no i'll be tracking sooty instead.... finances permitting

Sounds good.

Dads not 100% if he could build the engine in time and put it in, and have at least a couple of days to run it in. But hopefully, everything will go smooth.

I just hope the entry's don't full by the actual day.

16v_kid
01-05-2010, 12:43 PM
Looks like were not going to be able to finish the car and motor in time for Sandown.

Next sprint def but

Water Boy
07-05-2010, 02:53 PM
Rob Roy Hill Climb 20th June

Dear Competitor,

The MG Car Club are once again running the "Rob Roy Hillclimb Club
Challenge" on Sunday June-20.
Supplementary Regulations and the entry form may be downloaded from the
club website at MGCC - Rob Roy Hillclimb (http://www.mgcc.com.au/robroy/index.shtml)

The forms are available in two different formats.
If you just wish to print the entry form, and mail it in, you may just
download the "PDF" copy.

If you would like to email your entry in, please download the "Word" copy,
so you can edit the text to add your information before emailing it back to
us. There are more instruction on how to do this in the file.

Best regards from the MGCC.

Peter Jones
09-05-2010, 07:05 AM
Off to Sandown today. Going to take it easy, the cars had a lot of changes I need to sort out. New brakes which need to be better bedded in, shocks and I'm running without an LSD.

More of a practice session for me today.

Pete

Preen59
09-05-2010, 01:52 PM
Way to go, Pete. Good luck. :)

16v_kid
09-05-2010, 03:32 PM
Was a great sunny day today. Car went good Pete.

Peter Jones
09-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Great day. Best time ever for Sandown, a 1:38. The brakes and the shocks made up for the lack of LSD. Need to to put it all together for next time.

More updates (and video) to follow in the 'wreck to race" thread after I've unpacked everything.

Thanks to everyone that came and said hello (Despite the overzealous security guard on the gate today).

Pete

LCMK1
09-05-2010, 07:27 PM
entry forms just emailed out for John Mott Memorial Sprint. did it last year and was a great day and well run. drag the mk1 out. again

Nissan Car Club Australia - Events (http://www.nissancarclub.org.au/Events/?e=132)

anyone else planning on going?

cheers

16v_kid
09-05-2010, 10:53 PM
Dad and I will be there 100% if the car is ready by then.

It would be great to see 3 mk1s out there but.

Jarred
09-05-2010, 11:14 PM
Great result Pete! well done.

I didn't know it was on this weekend, wouldn't have been able to make it with mothers days lunch etc. Glad to see those times still dropping!

Peter Jones
13-05-2010, 06:42 AM
Cross posted from my wreck to race thread.

Session 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pr6Ujz4p6SY

16v_kid
15-05-2010, 06:04 PM
So who else is thinking about coming to the John Mott Memorial Sprint?

As far as I know...its

Dad & I ( Mk1 )
Pete ( Mk1 )
LCMK1 (Mk1)

Should be a top weekend! :banana:

Its a Saturday and Sunday event. 17th/18th July.
Saturday- familiarization day
Sunday - Super sprints.

Water Boy
18-05-2010, 07:05 PM
Rob Roy Hill Climb 20th June

Dear Competitor,

The MG Car Club are once again running the "Rob Roy Hillclimb Club
Challenge" on Sunday June-20.
Supplementary Regulations and the entry form may be downloaded from the
club website at MGCC - Rob Roy Hillclimb (http://www.mgcc.com.au/robroy/index.shtml)

The forms are available in two different formats.
If you just wish to print the entry form, and mail it in, you may just
download the "PDF" copy.

If you would like to email your entry in, please download the "Word" copy,
so you can edit the text to add your information before emailing it back to
us. There are more instruction on how to do this in the file.

Best regards from the MGCC.

Just thought I would bump this up...

GoLfMan
19-05-2010, 07:58 AM
whens the rego due for it Woody?

Water Boy
19-05-2010, 10:52 AM
whens the rego due for it Woody?

All entries must be submitted before the 16th oh June.

GoLfMan
19-05-2010, 11:33 AM
tell me when your going to do it, and I'll do it at the same time

16v_kid
20-05-2010, 06:37 PM
Sup regs for 27th June, anyone going?

http://www.wrx.com.au/motorsport/Sup_Regs_Sandown_27th_June_2010.pdf

16v_kid
01-06-2010, 10:18 PM
Bump ^ :emo_baghead:

Peter Jones
07-06-2010, 08:59 PM
Just signed up for Rob Roy on the 20th.

Hopefully I can get the LSD equipped gearbox sorted and back in the car beforehand.

Next event after that will be Phillip Island for round 2 of the Vic super sprint championships in July.

Pete

16v_kid
07-06-2010, 09:03 PM
Next event after that will be Phillip Island for round 2 of the Vic super sprint championships in July.

Does that clash with John Mott memorial sprint at Sandown?

Peter Jones
07-06-2010, 09:17 PM
Does that clash with John Mott memorial sprint at Sandown?

Yep! Sunday July 18.

2010 Victorian SuperSprint Championship - VSSC (http://www.vssc.org.au/)

I'm going to try and run all 3 of the state events so I won't be entering the G5 Sandown sprint on the same day. (or the practice day beforehand)

Pete

Peter Jones
16-06-2010, 08:22 AM
Got my provisional acceptance back from MGCC today so I'm off to Eltham on Sunday to run at RobRoy.

Water Boy
16-06-2010, 01:35 PM
Rob Roy entries close today.

Peter Jones
19-06-2010, 02:33 PM
Anyone else running at Rob Roy tomorrow?

Peter Jones
20-06-2010, 09:37 PM
Some general footage from Rob Roy Hill Climb today.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBEx3XSMDcA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cq6jpfKRleI

More photos and race footage in my "wreck to race car" thread.

Water Boy
21-06-2010, 12:44 PM
Well i was hoping to run at Rob Roy over the weekend but that didnt happen. (Pete was there representing)

I have been very keen to have a run at Winton on a Friday for some time now.

In July we have the chance to choose one of the 3 dates.

2 July 2010 Test & Tune - Cars & Motorcycles
9 July 2010 Test & Tune - Cars & Motorcycles
16 July 2010 Test & Tune - Cars & Motorcycles

Its $120 entry for the day + you need a Cams licence.

More info here:

http://www.wintonmotorraceway.com.au/home/images/stories/documents/2010%20test%20&%20tune%20day%20frequently%20asked%20questions.pdf

velly_16v_cab
21-06-2010, 01:06 PM
looks abit slippy on the start line!!!

whos was the blue mk1?

Water Boy
21-06-2010, 01:14 PM

whos was the blue mk1?

He is a member of the VWCV.

Peter Jones
21-06-2010, 01:22 PM

It was slippery everywhere! There were only a couple of spots I could lay any power down.

A 911 got the tail out and went into the armco on the cause way.

Yoshi
21-06-2010, 10:57 PM
Looks like alot of fun.

How do I find out more info regarding getting involved with some track days, even to have a look?

Peter Jones
21-06-2010, 11:02 PM
Looks like alot of fun.

How do I find out more info regarding getting involved with some track days, even to have a look?

Looking is generally free. Check out a few club websites like Ford Four, PIARC, HSCCV, Gippsland Car Club etc.

This event was run by the MGCC check out MGCC - Rob Roy Hillclimb (http://mgcc.com.au/robroy/index.shtml)

Pete

Peter Jones
22-06-2010, 09:07 AM
Rob Roy results are up.

http://mgcc.com.au/robroy/2010-cc1-results.pdf

I came about 30 in a field of 67 .

Water Boy
08-07-2010, 04:39 PM
Well im set for Winton tomorrow.

Car is packed (Race rubber, tools, seats, skid lid and juice)

Josh is my co-pilot for the day so should be some good fun.

16v_kid
08-07-2010, 11:20 PM
Good luck for tmoz.

Have fun you two!

Water Boy
09-07-2010, 10:25 PM
Wow awsome day.

Huge thanks for Josh coming along helping and driving home. (He is now hooked)

One photo so far (I was all over that DC2)

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/DSC01988-1.jpg

16v_kid
09-07-2010, 10:52 PM
Looks like you had a blast dude!

Nice pic too. :P

Water Boy
11-07-2010, 10:19 PM
Well I need an exhuast and better supension. (Keep saving)

Few more pics:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/DSC01986-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/DSC01983-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/DSC01995-1.jpg

"Coach Josh" he kept all the BMW boys in line...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/DSC01997-1.jpg

Jarred
11-07-2010, 10:24 PM
good work woody! you rock my socks.

GoLfMan
12-07-2010, 08:30 AM
great day out, beaut weather and good crowd :)

Woody got his brap on and was looking the goods, just needs more power!

now to get my thing out there :D

Peter Jones
12-07-2010, 03:25 PM
Round 2 of the Victorian Super Sprint Championships this Sunday 18/7/2010 @ Phillip Island.

2010 Victorian SuperSprint Championship - VSSC (http://www.vssc.org.au/)

Also familiarisation available on the Saturday 17/7/2010

Phillip Island Auto Racing Club (http://www.piarc.com.au/)

I'm signed up for the Sprints.

Pete

adzy
12-07-2010, 05:09 PM
Well I need an exhuast and better supension. (Keep saving)

Few more pics:

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/DSC01986-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/DSC01983-1.jpg

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/DSC01995-1.jpg

"Coach Josh" he kept all the BMW boys in line...

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2010/07/DSC01997-1.jpg

Adzy is so jealous it makes him :puke:

MUST get my L2S license some time soon :P

Water Boy
12-07-2010, 11:06 PM
Adzy is so jealous it makes him :puke:

MUST get my L2S license some time soon :P

Its easy mate! Join a Cams club: Im with PIARC and then rock up to some events!

Peter Jones
17-07-2010, 09:56 PM
All packed up now and ready for Phillip Island tomorrow.

Hopefully the rain holds off.

First time round the Island with the new brakes, shocks and LSD.

Pete

SIX-TEN's GOLF
20-07-2010, 10:46 AM
^^^ Spotted you in the paddock, i saw them smiley face head light covers and remember seeing your car on here.

I was at the island checking out my mates RX3 track car....

Peter Jones
20-07-2010, 12:24 PM
^^^ Spotted you in the paddock, i saw them smiley face head light covers and remember seeing your car on here.

I was at the island checking out my mates RX3 track car....

Should have come and said hi :) There's results, commentary & video coming on line in my "wreck to race" thread. Link in sig below.

Which session was your mate running in?

SIX-TEN's GOLF
20-07-2010, 01:01 PM
Yeah I know but you probably would have been, who in earth is this random lol, will come say hi for sure next time.

He was in group 2 and he went out on sessions 1,2,3 and then packed up coz it started raining in session 4, he hasn't raced in 5 years so his lines and braking points were all over the place thus he didn't wanna risk it, but managed to get a 1:55 lap in session 2. He's was the bright green RX3 with the big flares, bob tail and 14" globes.....

I'm actually building my good old 180B for the track too and about to send my membership form to PIARC, trying to now convince my older brother to also build a car and hit the track together.

Peter Jones
20-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Yeah I know but you probably would have been, who in earth is this random lol,

No fear there, at least you'd be a random with a Golf :) Don't be shy, these events are all pretty sociable and there's a lot to be learnt from speaking with the racers and crews.

I'm always having people coming over for a look at the Golf.

SIX-TEN's GOLF
20-07-2010, 01:39 PM
No fear there, at least you'd be a random with a Golf :) Don't be shy, these events are all pretty sociable and there's a lot to be learnt from speaking with the racers and crews.

I'm always having people coming over for a look at the Golf.

Yeah will do, I want to gather some tips and ideas on setting up my car, and how to get into sprints and hill clibs.

Hopefully will be out there some time next year.

16v_kid
14-08-2010, 03:05 PM
Any sprints happening anytime soon?

Peter Jones
18-08-2010, 12:04 PM
Any sprints happening anytime soon?

Yes. There's Phillip Island on this Sunday.

Water Boy
01-11-2010, 08:28 PM
Anyone keen on Winton Friday in early December?

GoLfMan
02-11-2010, 05:36 PM
Anyone keen on Winton Friday in early December?

im doing a Broadford track day early December on the bike.

Water Boy
02-11-2010, 05:46 PM
im doing a Broadford track day early December on the bike.

Well that a **** load of good towards a car forum.

Anyways I thought you were getting a CAMS licene etc...

GoLfMan
07-11-2010, 10:06 AM
Well that a **** load of good towards a car forum.

Anyways I thought you were getting a CAMS licene etc...
bike stopped that.... because you can do track days without a CAMS licence :P

Driven Threads
11-11-2010, 07:19 PM
So just wondering if anyone is considering in going to/participating in the Portland VW drag racing meet. I have never done this sought of thing before and I am thinking of entering next year. It would be great if there was some others in the same boat. You do not need a cams license to enter. Drag racing is controlled by ANDRA, and as part of your entry fee you are issued with a weekend licence to race. All you need is helmet and a track worthy car.

http://www.vwma.net.au/sb_clients/vwma//data/content_item_files/000001/vw_portland_flyer_2011_large.jpg

Water Boy
11-11-2010, 07:43 PM
My Dad is thinking of going. He went last time as a spectator and had a hoot...

Jarred
11-11-2010, 09:18 PM
hmmmm.... I'll pass. Think i'll be busy that weekend. :beer:

Water Boy
14-11-2010, 09:10 PM
hmmmm.... I'll pass. Think i'll be busy that weekend. :beer:

Pfftttttt ou dont even get hammered at ya 21st so no luck for ya 22nd...