PDA

View Full Version : Private Fleet

sausage
11-03-2007, 08:47 PM
Hi all,
I've finally sold my Honda Prelude and is now ready to put down the order for the GTI!!
I'm thinking of putting the order through private fleet (a car broker). They claim to be able to get me the vehicle i want in 4 to 6 weeks. I went into dealers in Brisbane and none of them could get a vehicle in that time. They all said it has to be ordered to be built. I'm guessing private fleet could get that vehicle because its been purchased by another VW dealer. Not sure.
I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with private fleet and what are they like

shaneth
11-03-2007, 10:04 PM
which dealer did you go to.

VWGTi
11-03-2007, 10:31 PM
Hi all,

I'm thinking of putting the order through private fleet (a car broker). They claim to be able to get me the vehicle i want in 4 to 6 weeks. I went into dealers in Brisbane and none of them could get a vehicle in that time. They all said it has to be ordered to be built. I'm guessing private fleet could get that vehicle because its been purchased by another VW dealer. Not sure.
I'm wondering if anyone has dealt with private fleet and what are they like

Hi Sausage,

I'd do a bit more leg work about getting the car yourself... I find it quite hard to believe that there are no cars at all around Australia that would meet the specs that you want.

I thought about getting mine through a broker, but in the end after finding out how much they charge and how much they could save me, I still ended up getting a better deal by dealing directly with VW, and they got me the car with everything I requested in 3 weeks (had to be transported from NSW).

Good luck and congrats on a great choice of car!

sausage
11-03-2007, 11:15 PM
I went to highway VW, Austral VW and Gold Coast VW.
I'm looking for a black golf gti DSG 5 door with leather, sat nav and bi-xeon lights.
Apparently they all said there are no available cars and they will need to be ordered.

sausage
11-03-2007, 11:18 PM
Wasn't aware that the broker charges the buyer. I've always assumed they charge the dealer. I better just check this with them tomorrow. They got me a reasonable price, not terribly good but would be pretty much the price I would be able to get with the dealer.

VWGTi
12-03-2007, 12:27 AM
Wasn't aware that the broker charges the buyer. I've always assumed they charge the dealer. I better just check this with them tomorrow. They got me a reasonable price, not terribly good but would be pretty much the price I would be able to get with the dealer.

I can't imagine how the broker would be able to get hold of the car any sooner than the vw dealers though - ultimately the broker still closes the deal with one of the dealers...:confused:

drb999
12-03-2007, 05:51 AM
I went to highway VW, Austral VW and Gold Coast VW.
I'm looking for a black golf gti DSG 5 door with leather, sat nav and bi-xeon lights.
Apparently they all said there are no available cars and they will need to be ordered.

It's probably the bi-xeon lights and sat nav that are forcing the build. If you opt for locally installed sat nav and normal lights, you should be right for waiting time. They only import models with certain options "blindly", i.e. without any orders, but if certain options aren't popular such as bi-xeons, they don't pre-order any such cars and you have to wait for it to be built. So if you can compromise, you'll save on the waiting time, otherwise "patience is a virtue" :)

phaeton
12-03-2007, 07:40 AM
Welcome sausage :D

theboat
13-03-2007, 11:03 AM
The sat nav gets installed by the dealer, where the lights are factory fitted and could be the reason for the delay from the factory, coupled with the leather and DSG box. The broker will charge at both ends, the dealer and yourself on average $500 a side, but won't disclose that info to you. I would do the deal yourself you will save yourself a fair bit of money. Austral I found hopeless but Highway were very good and would recommend anyone to buy through them.

Sportie
13-03-2007, 01:29 PM
The sat nav gets installed by the dealer, where the lights are factory fitted and could be the reason for the delay from the factory, coupled with the leather and DSG box. The broker will charge at both ends, the dealer and yourself on average $500 a side, but won't disclose that info to you. I would do the deal yourself you will save yourself a fair bit of money. Austral I found hopeless but Highway were very good and would recommend anyone to buy through them.

I agree with theboat. I have found Highway very good and would recommend.

shaneth
13-03-2007, 05:01 PM
yep i would highly recommend Highway as well, Daniel Hovan to be exact. If you want ill call him and let him know your interested. I have gotten to know him quite well over the last 1.5 years i have been dealing with VW.

sausage
13-03-2007, 11:28 PM
Daniel Hoven, is he a sales?
I've been to the Highway VW manager's office and spoke with the manager on 2 different occassions about purchasing golf GTI... Can't remember his name...
He offered an excellent price for the GTI but a rather poor price on my trade in vehicle. He did not even look at my trade in vehicle! That was the start. He was aggressive, pushy, inflexible and almost unwilling to do a deal. I found him extremely rude to be dealing with...
He even asked me why I wanted more on my trade in vehicle! I told him greed is human nature! Guess what he came back with, he said "No, greed is not human nature, I've got 2 daughters I know". I'm not sure how 2 daughters has anything to do with getting a good deal on a car I've maintained so well. (Just a side note, I've now sold my car for a lot more than what he offered. His offer was almost laughable).

He wasn't making sense and was being extremely rude to say the least. I've decided never to deal with that guy again so long as he remains to be manager of highway VW. I would rather spend a bit more and get some proper service and be treated like a VALUED customer!

shaneth
14-03-2007, 06:24 AM
Daniel Hovan is Sales yes. Im extremely sorry to hear about our bad experiences. I have only ever heard good ones from Highway. I cant remember the main managers name, i know the business manager is Anthony Toaldo. But i only dealt with Daniel. Hope it all works out for you. If i can be of help with Highway let me know.

sausage
14-03-2007, 09:33 AM
While we are talking about highway VW I thought I should mention this as well. I went around to Highway Honda trying to sell my Honda Prelude since Highway VW has given me a low trade in price for it. I met a guy called Ben at highway Honda, he happens to be the valuer from VW. He saw the car and gave me a more reasonable price. He asked me to go speak to VW manager straight away and he would ring the manager and let him know the price of the car.
Well... Guess what... went into Highway VW, caught up with the manager and he insisted on the original price for the car. When I told him that his valuer gave me a better price, he was in disbelieve and rang the valuer.
He started the phone call pretty harsh and the valuer end up denying any sort of valuation that he provided. What a ****head!

The manager, gave me the price of my trade in vehicle without even seening the vehicle! Anyone wanting to trade in their vehicle should be extremely careful with the trick they are playing. It makes you sound like a liar and a fool.

I'm pretty sure I didn't speak to Tony. I spoke to the guy that's sitting in the office. I think his name was Rob... I can't be sure, but I'm pretty sure I would recognise it if someone mentions his name.

origin
14-03-2007, 12:42 PM
Hi Sausage,

It happended to me as well here at Barlworld VW in sydney. Sales at VW gave me a very poor price for trade my BMW 528i / 1997 model..

I asked for more price on my old car. He told me where I came from? He told me if I didnot know how to do business and all that crap..

At the end he told me he would give me $500 more if I left my old car today.

I told him. I was keeping my car until I got the new car. I told me not to worry about 500 dollars he could keep it for him.

At the end I sold the car privately through carsales. I made $10,000 more than the dealer or the valuer..;)

By the time the sales called me to pick up my new car and he told me to brought my old car. I told him I changed my mind. I paid cash for my new car I wanted to keep my old car.

:D :D :D He told me. I couldnot do that and all the crap.. I told him. I wanted to pay cash..I screwed him...big time...

Goodluck dude

origin

Sportie
14-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Hi Sausage,
Sorry to hear about your bad experience. I've always been well looked after by them (but I didn't have a trade) and it seems to be in complete contrast.

Dr Spine
15-03-2007, 02:52 PM
It's a bit of a drive up the highway but I'd also have a chat to Bundaberg VW. They looked after me really well and gave me a much better price than the other dealers were offering. I agree with what some of the others have said. Go the bi-xenons only of you're doing lots of night driving. You can also go a Navman (or similar) for a lot less money and they work really well. If the Xenon's and Factory Sat Nav arn non negotiables then you're either going to have a wait or you could just get very lucky. All the best.

machomadman
20-03-2007, 09:35 PM
I have purchased heaps of cars over the years and pretty good at getting what I want.

I just used a car broker last month after shopping at every dealer for a decent price on my R32. I found using a broker helps you get the price you want from a dealer direct. I ended up with a $4500 discount thanks to a broker starting the ball rolling. Some car dealers told me they could not even consider discounting the car, after I started getting quotes from the broker it was easier to be more forceful with the dealers direct as you have more confidence in pushing for a number you know others can do..

Advanced car bokers offered me a better deal than private fleet.. but only by a few $$