PDA

View Full Version : Just ordered

Cygnus
11-03-2007, 05:10 PM
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster, very nice and friendly forum, lots of information too, cheers.

Just ordered a Candy White, Leather, Sunroof. Apparently I might have to wait up til August latest to take delivery. :o The other thing I wanted to ask is whether it is worthwhile getting tint done at the dealer? They're charging $500 for it... :confused:

Any advice?

shaneth
11-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Welcome to the forum Cygnus. Good to have you here at last. :) Wow wait till august, this quite a long wait. have you tried ringing any other dealers or is it because you want specific options. As to tint well i got mine thrown in for free, so im guessing you should be able to. Hope you enjoy your stay.

FL00DY
11-03-2007, 06:06 PM
Hi All,

Long time reader, first time poster, very nice and friendly forum, lots of information too, cheers.

Just ordered a Candy White, Leather, Sunroof. Apparently I might have to wait up til August latest to take delivery. :o The other thing I wanted to ask is whether it is worthwhile getting tint done at the dealer? They're charging $500 for it... :confused:

Any advice?
I never get anything that the dealer offers, it's overpriced and normally the cheapest person in earshot of the dealer so poor quality. It's an easy way for the dealers to make a profit. I recall getting Tint and OziCozi clear film protection for less then $500. So when you get the call about paint/tint & leather protection I would say No.

mitch_gti
11-03-2007, 06:11 PM
Congratulations on the excellent colour choice :P

In regards to tinting..... I am a new car sales consultant (salesman) for Suzuki in newcastle.

We charge something like $350 for window tint. the brand we use is 3M which also make post it notes and paint i believe. It comes with a lifetime warranty against bubbles, peeling etc etc.

Dont generalise when it comes to dealers. Some of us are nice :)

FL00DY
11-03-2007, 06:57 PM
Congratulations on the excellent colour choice :P

In regards to tinting..... I am a new car sales consultant (salesman) for Suzuki in newcastle.

We charge something like $350 for window tint. the brand we use is 3M which also make post it notes and paint i believe. It comes with a lifetime warranty against bubbles, peeling etc etc.

Dont generalise when it comes to dealers. Some of us are nice :)
Good on you, 3M is a good brand and $350 is more like it. Mine is 3M and was about that price.

phaeton
12-03-2007, 08:10 AM
Welcome Cygnus :D great combo love white cars :)

Cygnus
12-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Thanks everyone for your advice, can anyone suggest or recommend some place to tint my car? I'm in the Sydney area.

FL00DY
12-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Thanks everyone for your advice, can anyone suggest or recommend some place to tint my car? I'm in the Sydney area.
I used Universal Tint in Brookvale, Unit 3/1 Mitchell Street Ph:9905-7488

Also in that same building is OziCozi. They do a clear car bra using 3M film. Worth having a word to Andrew bout your White car. The film he was using when I got mine done needed the most attention (extra polish) on a white car as you notice a dis-colouration much more. He now has a new film that is meant to not dis-colour at all or not as much. Tell him Paul Flood from MINI2 sent you :D

Sorry to hear bout the wait :(

Shade
13-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Congratulations and welcome. Go the white Polo GTI's, best color i must say.:D

Cygnus
23-08-2007, 11:01 AM
Finally picked up the car yesterday. What a long wait, but gee did it put a smile on my face! :D

ryan_GTI
23-08-2007, 01:13 PM
haha congratz buddy!

you're gonna enjoy people saying what a nice 'Golf' you have :D

Funkdancer
23-08-2007, 01:50 PM
Finally picked up the car yesterday. What a long wait, but gee did it put a smile on my face! :D

What a wait... All good things come in the end though, so grats mate!!! :)

Piccie soon?

MissVuks
28-08-2007, 11:23 AM
just a question here - what would you guys do in my position

1. get a polo at the end of year and hope for some clearance sales

or

2. just wait till next year and get an 2008

?? i dont know what to do - i think i can wait but i realllly wanted on by the end of the year..

SoVeReIgN
28-08-2007, 11:54 AM
August '07 builds onwards are '08 models so just ask for a new one now and it'll be an '08. (Confirm with dealer)

Lukev85
28-08-2007, 12:13 PM
Desire4Sound at Liverpool on Elizabeth Drive does window tinting. Dealers are usually wayyyyyyyyyyy over priced

Lukev85
28-08-2007, 12:15 PM
just a question here - what would you guys do in my position

1. get a polo at the end of year and hope for some clearance sales

or

2. just wait till next year and get an 2008

?? i dont know what to do - i think i can wait but i realllly wanted on by the end of the year..

Depends on what you want. Clearance price on run out stock or the 08 Polo

I recomend the new Golf hehe

DaveMack
28-08-2007, 01:24 PM
Can't say I've ever seen VWA have a 'clearance sale' on any GTIs. As long as there are waiting lists ... unlikely to get one either. Now a GL ... they might. :D

Dave

pomme
28-08-2007, 03:11 PM
Can't say I've ever seen VWA have a 'clearance sale' on any GTIs. As long as there are waiting lists ... unlikely to get one either. Now a GL ... they might. :D

Dave

Start of the year i know they were doing polo gti drive away for 26,990 (if that counts). Its not a huge saving, i tried to get the same deal but they really didn't even try to get my business. I brought 2nd hand instead, I don't regret it, got a chip and leather for 25000. It was 8 months old, 15,000k's. Maybe 2nd hand is the way to go if you looking for a great deal.

DaveMack
28-08-2007, 04:41 PM
Start of the year i know they were doing polo gti drive away for 26,990 (if that counts). Its not a huge saving, i tried to get the same deal but they really didn't even try to get my business. I brought 2nd hand instead, I don't regret it, got a chip and leather for 25000. It was 8 months old, 15,000k's. Maybe 2nd hand is the way to go if you looking for a great deal.

I sit corrected. :D

Sounds like you got a really good deal, Pomme. Thumbs up, Mate.

Dave

golfie_boy
28-08-2007, 09:09 PM
hey guys i`m in a little bit of a spot as well is it just me or not enough cars avail in australia i ordered my gti 2weeks ago and the dealer emailed me and said 27 sept it will land then 21 more days to clear called another dealer today and she said she can give me a car before october
does vw not work on the same stock computers or stock yards does any one know of a white gti @ any dealer with leather or standard avail