PDA

View Full Version : Gt28RS for my 1.8t Golf Mk2

tommymac
14-02-2010, 07:48 PM
Me and my best mate Yee have been working hard this weekend even though we didnt get to much done it was a good taster of what we need to do next weekend!

So i will get pics next week for ya,

The good news:

The Kinetic Morotsport Manifold fits a 1.8t swap in a mk2
The turbo will fit under the rain tray with no worries.
IC piping will be OK to do

The not so good news.

The heater matrix line will need changing.
My shinny Alpine white firewall weill need some heat shield.

The bad news

Downpipe is going to be a ****, we had one virtually done yesterday but it sat about 2cm from the timing belt, not to sure how much heat they can handle?

The problem: RHD - brake booster and then mk2 rear engine mount is in the way so the DP is a tad tricky. Also there is not a lot of room for the Tial. :brutal:

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/4158/pimp003.jpg

joshyd-mk2gti
16-02-2010, 04:55 PM
sounds like you've got a few issues to iron out, but boy oh boy it will haul when you're done!

gldgti
18-02-2010, 05:10 PM
The bad news

Downpipe is going to be a ****, we had one virtually done yesterday but it sat about 2cm from the timing belt, not to sure how much heat they can handle?

The problem: RHD - brake booster and then mk2 rear engine mount is in the way so the DP is a tad tricky. Also there is not a lot of room for the Tial.

you could make up a shiny heat shield to mount on the DP to protect the timing belt.... but another question - the timing belt is behind a cover??? if so, just a heat shield should be fine (would be tight, but hey, thats the way its gotta be sometimes). If the timingbelt is not behind a cover..... sounds bad.

tommymac
18-02-2010, 06:54 PM
yer it is behind the plastic cover, I will have to shield it but you know with a good 600 hundred degrees it may get a tad warm down there!

twin eng, twin turbs
25-02-2010, 08:39 PM
keen for an update tommymac, how is it going?

tommymac
27-02-2010, 11:46 PM
hey,

all good ill get good pics up next week when its back from ceramic coating. It was not easy but we have got it all to fit and look nice. so keep your eye out for the pics

tcran
03-03-2010, 03:42 PM
You could do an exhaust wrap AND a heatshield. Sounds like the exhaust is going to be nicely coated though. Don't wanna cover the shinyness up!

Good luck!