PDA

View Full Version : Private Message Outbox always empty

logger
09-02-2010, 12:36 PM
If I reply to a PM no copy ever remains in my Outbox. Is there a way I can change it so a record remains. I would like to keep a copy of what I have said to whom in my PMs. Presently my outbox is always empty.

Arctra
09-02-2010, 12:55 PM
If I reply to a PM no copy ever remains in my Outbox. Is there a way I can change it so a record remains. I would like to keep a copy of what I have said to whom in my PMs. Presently my outbox is always empty.

Once it's been sent it should move from your Outbox to you Sent Items. To the right of the "Private Messages in Folder:" should be a drop down box with your Inbox and Sent Items.

Hope that helps.

logger
09-02-2010, 01:01 PM
Unfortunately mine says "Sent Items contains 0 messages." So some setting that I cannot find is set wrong for me I suspect.

Arctra
09-02-2010, 01:09 PM
Ahh, right. OK try this:

Got to User Control Panel. Under "Settings & Options" select "Edit Options".

Scroll down to The "Private Messaging" box and the last check box should be titled "Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default". Make sure yours is checked and you should be fine.

rayray086
09-02-2010, 01:11 PM
Go to your "User CP" on the far left of the top bar. On the left bar, select "Edit Options" under the Settings & Options heading. Scroll down to "Messaging & Notification" once the page has loaded, and on the bottom of that box, you'll find this:

When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

[Check mark] Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default

Hope this works.

Edit: Beat me to it Arctra! Good work.

logger
09-02-2010, 01:15 PM
Thanks fellas. All sorted now.