PDA

View Full Version : Roof Failure

sydeos
28-01-2010, 04:13 PM
When putting the roof down the side rails fail to unlatch from the windscreen header rail and I get the message 'System Error - Close Convertible Roof'.

It is booked in for a service on Monday so hopefully they can fix it then.

Anyone else had a similar problem?

sydeos
28-01-2010, 05:13 PM
On further investigation the interior fabric lining for the passenger side 'c' pillar is fouling the cover which sits outboard of the rear passenger seat and will not allow it to open and hence the roof stops. I have moved it a couple of times manually and the roof opens normally but without the human assistance the roof will not fully open. Hopefully it is an easy fix.

sydeos
03-02-2010, 04:48 PM
Problem was solved with an adjustment to the hinges to rectify trim being caught on C-Pillar according to my paperwork.

Treza360
05-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Covered under warranty I hope?
Cheers,
Trent

sydeos
06-02-2010, 05:32 PM
Yes Sir!

A 3 year lease that finishes on the day the warranty finishes.

Treza360
07-02-2010, 09:29 PM
That's good. If you're planning on keeping the car after the lease for longer, I'd be thinking about the extended warranty maybe...
It's always disheartening hearing about these things. :(
Cheers,
Trent

silvershadow
08-02-2010, 09:57 AM
It's always disheartening hearing about these things. :(
Cheers,
Trent

No - this is not always the case.

Think about the products you have owned over the years that had problems - do you remember that there was a problem or do you really remember how well [or badly] it was fixed?

Most mechanical devices will have problems at some time in their life so after-sales support must always be a consideration in the purchase decision.

In this case, I suggest it is really a success story as the problem was resolved quickly and effectively. If the car had been out-of-warranty, it appears to me that the service charge from a reputable dealer would not have been expensive perhaps 30 minutes labour [I fixed a similar problem on our Eos in 5 minutes with some white Lithium grease as the flap was binding and no adjustment was required].