PDA

View Full Version : Yeti pricing

K1W1
27-01-2010, 08:28 PM
The Skoda NZ (http://www.skoda.co.nz/) web site is rather interesting. It contains fairly detailed info about the Yeti with estimated pricing and specs ("available mid 2010"). If the web site is to be believed a Yeti in NZ will be $1500 LESS than the equivalent Scout with the same engine and gearbox.

Whilst I'm on the subject I also like the specs of the NZ vRS. They get much more as standard than we do (Xenon's, folding mirrors, metallic paint, rear wiper on the hatch, front and rear parking sensors) admittedly for more money but I guess maybe they prefer to sell cars off the floor rather than have people wait for orders to come in.

Jake02
27-01-2010, 09:18 PM
The Skoda NZ (http://www.skoda.co.nz/) web site is rather interesting. It contains fairly detailed info about the Yeti with estimated pricing and specs ("available mid 2010"). If the web site is to be believed a Yeti in NZ will be $1500 LESS than the equivalent Scout with the same engine and gearbox.

I betcha that's the reason the Yeti is taking so long to get here. The lack of an auto tranny. I wish Skoda Aus would do the same as NZ - manual first to get the name here and then the DSGs arrive later. One thing I noticed was that the Yeti is exactly the same price as an Octavia 2.0TDI 4x4 non-Scout (that was sold here), other than styling preferences, I don't know who would go for the Octavia. The Yeti is better equipped and much newer!

Whilst I'm on the subject I also like the specs of the NZ vRS. They get much more as standard than we do (Xenon's, folding mirrors, metallic paint, rear wiper on the hatch, front and rear parking sensors) admittedly for more money but I guess maybe they prefer to sell cars off the floor rather than have people wait for orders to come in.

I've said that before, as I noticed it in NZ on a trip a few years back. Ridiculous that we don't get that spec here (although we get heated seats but as you previously said, heated seats are worth less than other options!)!

Skoda Australia need to pull their finger out!!! Replace all the staff (they were here filming the 'convinceyourbetterhalf' ad and I showed one of them my 2012 Octavia sketches, I sent them in and that particular guy never replied. I emailed him last week so hopefully he will reply, but it's just rude and it's pathetic, especially from a professional view) and bring in MORE product and have MORE ads! They want success, they should work for it! Sorry, but the lack of Skodas on the road is annoying me and it's 50% their fault!

K1W1
27-01-2010, 09:28 PM
Skoda is a much more established brand in NZ than here. Over there we had them (in small numbers) right through the Communist period. I think that they used to swap them for lamb or wool or something during the cold war. I even sold a second hand mid 1970s L110 from a car yard when I last worked in Auckland and in the early 1980's one of my customers (http://www.horopitomotors.co.nz/) claimed he was the largest Skoda wrecker in the world. Old Bill Cole used to get letters every month from all around Europe asking for particular Skoda parts.

onyertod
28-01-2010, 10:16 AM
""""One thing I noticed was that the Yeti is exactly the same price as an Octavia 2.0TDI 4x4 non-Scout (that was sold here), other than styling preferences, I don't know who would go for the Octavia. The Yeti is better equipped and much newer!""""

You are comparing an apple with an orange.
They are two completely different vehicles.

You cannot build a soft -roader, and make it go, handle and ride like a normal car unless you charge Touareg money.

Jake02
28-01-2010, 03:50 PM
""""One thing I noticed was that the Yeti is exactly the same price as an Octavia 2.0TDI 4x4 non-Scout (that was sold here), other than styling preferences, I don't know who would go for the Octavia. The Yeti is better equipped and much newer!""""

You are comparing an apple with an orange.
They are two completely different vehicles.

You cannot build a soft -roader, and make it go, handle and ride like a normal car unless you charge Touareg money.

My point was that someone who would go for an Octavia 4x4 over a normal Octavia would obviously want 4WD ability, something that Skoda offers in a better package in the Yeti, and TBH, the average buyer isn't really going to notice the difference between '4WD Wagon' and 'Soft-Roader' because they are attracted by the 4WD ability and space/practicality that wagons (which all 4WDs are) bring with them.

Transporter
21-05-2011, 08:04 PM
Pricing from $28,000 - $33,000 as per nice whole page article in today's Adelaide's Advertiser Cars guide. Adelaide Advertiser SmartEdition (http://adelaideadvertiser.newspaperdirect.com/epaper/viewer.aspx) You can register for 7 days free trail to read it.

Zelig
21-05-2011, 08:30 PM
Is this the same article ?

The Iceman cometh to Australia | Adelaide Now (http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/ipad/the-iceman-cometh/story-fn6br97j-1226059844398)

Transporter
21-05-2011, 09:07 PM
Yep, it is, good find. :)

Zelig
21-05-2011, 09:13 PM
I was too lazy to register for the free trial. That link came up on a google search for "Yeti Adelaide Advertiser".

K1W1
22-05-2011, 08:52 AM
Pricing from $28,000 - $33,000 as per nice whole page article in today's Adelaide's Advertiser Cars guide.

Before anybody gets too carried away remember that those prices will be plus extras plus on roads. I would say $40k for a top of the line with metallic paint and some extras may well be closer to what early adopters have to pay to drive one out of the dealership. Still great pricing though.

Zelig
22-05-2011, 10:01 AM
Before anybody gets too carried away remember that those prices will be plus extras plus on roads. I would say $40k for a top of the line with metallic paint and some extras may well be closer to what early adopters have to pay to drive one out of the dealership. Still great pricing though.

I am looking at the Yeti up against the Sportage Platinum/ix35 Highlander/Dualis Ti/ASX Aspire, all of which have a high level of standard equipment in their $38k-$43k driveaway price.

If that $40k (driveaway) Yeti is a 103TDI 4x4 DSG with Leather, Sunroof, Columbus Sat Nav, Spare Tyre, Electric Driver Seat, Folding Mirrors, Bluetooth, Parking Sensors and Privacy Glass then I would be comfortable with the $40k price tag.

A Tiguan with equivalent options would be about $55k or more.

Jake02
22-05-2011, 10:32 AM
Hmmmm $40k for all of that? I'm not so sure.

I reckon they'll make (out of that list above) sat-nav, the spare wheel (how could they not? This isn't a Commodore or a Golf Bluemotion), maybe the folding mirrors (definitely if the electric seat is chosen like the Scout) and at least rear parking sensors as standard equipment. Leather would be a $3k option (with heated seats included), electric driver's seat ($1,500), Bluetooth (what is that priced like? $800?) and the panoramic roof (I don't think that ix35 or Sportage sunroofs are panoramic but someone prove me wrong? That'd be like $1,800).

Loaded with those options I think it'll be around $43-45k, but including the DSG and considering the level of quality and engineering involved is a bargain.

Zelig
22-05-2011, 11:01 AM
It all depends on how hard they wish to compete with the Koreans & Japanese.

The Sportage Platinum has leather, full sized Alloy spare, panoramic (opening) sunroof, electric driver seat, heated front seats, cooling driver's seat, bluetooth, rear parking sensors, reversing camera, DRL's, privacy glass, proximity key and start/stop button for $39,490 plus on-roads. ix35 Highlander has virtually the same equipment (except no DRL's and cooling driver seat). Driveaway pricing of $40k-$41k is apparently readily achievable for both.

The ASX Aspire ($38k driveaway) also includes Sat Nav, but is manual only for the diesel and its panoramic sunroof doesn't open like the Yeti and Sportage/ix35.

The Dualis Ti AWD is cheaper again, but is Petrol only.

Given the Yeti will have to overcome the "European Servicing costs" perception and the lack of Brand Rep in Australia for Skoda generally, if Skoda want to use the Yeti to really put their brand on the map in Australia, then they will need the sort of pricing I was suggesting.

Maybe wishful thinking on my part, but that's what Skoda is up against.

Whilst some knowledgeable punters may see the "level of quality and engineering involved" and be willing to pay a small premium over the Koreans, most punters will see any premium in the price as a reason to say "Pass".

Zelig
22-05-2011, 11:43 AM
Just looked at the Scout pricing and I see that the Scout Premium adds DSG, Leather, Privacy Glass, Electric Seat and Electric Sunroof all for $4,000 extra over the standard Scout.

If the 4x4 103TDI Yeti (manual) is $33k and then they add $4k for the same list of extras as above then you will have $37k plus on roads.

If they keep their Free Sat Nav promotion going, that $40k driveaway Yeti I am after may be possible after all.

Transporter
22-05-2011, 11:51 AM
I liked the ix35 until I took it for the test drive. Then I went and ordered the Tiguan, should the Yeti been around then, I'm sure it would be parked in my garage instead the Tiguan.

When car company doesn't have AT as an option with the diesel engine, I always ask, what else they didn't develop (saved money on)?

Zelig
22-05-2011, 07:07 PM
I've driven a Kia Sportage diesel and was suitably impressed.

Haven't driven the 103TDI / DSG combination yet. Will have to try that out. Maybe try a Scout while we wait for the Yeti to appear.

bobski
24-05-2011, 11:40 PM
Blurg, my wife sent me a Yeti article and is absolutely in love with it. Trouble is I'm rather attached to my RS... 2 car family?

At least it should be reasonably priced! It'll sell on styling alone, and if it lands around the same money as the koreans with the same level refinement of our other skoda's it'll only be the availability holding it back....

Transporter
25-05-2011, 06:26 AM
Blurg, my wife sent me a Yeti article and is absolutely in love with it. Trouble is I'm rather attached to my RS... 2 car family?

At least it should be reasonably priced! It'll sell on styling alone, and if it lands around the same money as the koreans with the same level refinement of our other skoda's it'll only be the availability holding it back....

I like it too and when I saw the first pictures it looked ugly to me. I think that many people will be surprised by Yeti.