PDA

View Full Version : Newbie: Can anyone help? Please!

Jetstar
04-03-2007, 02:17 AM
Hi Guys,

I’ve just recently purchased a Candy White Polo GTI…and it drives like a dream and owning one these cars makes me just wanna be on the road all the time…it’s Awesome!

I’ve had it for about 2 weeks now and have done just over 600km.

Im not sure whether anyone else is getting this noise, but it’s sort of like a 'hallow clicking sound' when going from 1st to 2nd, and 2nd to 3rd gear as soon as I accelerate, which seems to be coming from the bottom of the car around the gear box area.

It doesn’t happen all the time, it only happens when I’m at a slower pace of speed.

Can someone help and shed some light because I’m not really sure if this is something I should be concerned about.:?:

Thanks,
Jetstar

h100vw
04-03-2007, 09:10 AM
Take it back to the dealers......

Gavin

syncro
04-03-2007, 10:02 AM
Sounds like a loose mount:?

Take it back to the dealers......

Jetstar
04-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Thanks Guys I'll do that...

phaeton
04-03-2007, 09:00 PM
Welcome Jetstar :D

Spec83
06-03-2007, 07:54 AM
I think my car has the same noise as yours - was worried at first but think its just a trait of the gearbox :) when you shift put the leaver against the gates as opposed to just pulling it straight down.... quickens and smoothens the shift :)

Jetstar
06-03-2007, 07:15 PM
Hey thanks for the welcome Phaeton!

Spec83, Thanks for the advice coz I was kinda worried there for a while, I actually took it back to the dealers a couple of days ago and they pretty much told me the same thing you said, that the noise is just a characteristics of the car, but I'll definitely give that technique a go! :)
Thanks again!

Babee J
08-05-2007, 01:42 AM
HEY JHEDDAH!!!

I didn't know you were havin some issues wit tha gearbox... have you taken it back to the dealer? is everything ok?

Ta,

Jay

DaveMack
08-05-2007, 11:02 AM
I think my car has the same noise as yours - was worried at first but think its just a trait of the gearbox :) when you shift put the leaver against the gates as opposed to just pulling it straight down.... quickens and smoothens the shift :)

Mine doesn't do that.

Dave

Jetstar
08-05-2007, 11:23 AM
HEY JHEDDAH!!!

I didn't know you were havin some issues wit tha gearbox... have you taken it back to the dealer? is everything ok?

Ta,

Jay
Hey Jay,

Nah its all good! Took it back to the dealers twice and had a mechanic look at as well...jus a lil ticking sound...it hasn't happened fo a while now though...it seems to have disappeared. A couple of guys in the forum had the same issue as well, maybe it jus needed a bit of run-in time!

And oh i haven't posted any pick of the car jus as yet but wen i do imma let u kno.

Babee J
08-05-2007, 11:27 PM
good man! I can't wait to see some photo's! its so beautiful :)

PE@CE GT-AIGH!

Ben_GTI
10-05-2007, 10:09 PM
Hehehehe, my gearbox made funny noises and disagreed with my choice of gears....... it went back to the dealer on a tow truck.

Yours sounds like the noise it makes. I've found as I got used to the car more, I could change gears without it making that noise your described. Didn't help my problem but yours will become less noticeable the more you drive.