PDA

View Full Version : Golf GTI - group purchase

sausage
01-03-2007, 03:21 PM
Hi all,
Group purchases has been very successful overseas. It gives the buyer more bargaining power and ability to negotiate for a better price. I'm looking at purchasing a Golf GTI recently and I'm hoping to start a group purchase to increase my bargaining power and get a good deal!
If anyone here wishes to particpate in this group purchase, please either leave a message here or send me an email. This is for people in Brisbane only.

mhh
03-03-2007, 06:31 AM
Hi all,
Group purchases has been very successful overseas. It gives the buyer more bargaining power and ability to negotiate for a better price. I'm looking at purchasing a Golf GTI recently and I'm hoping to start a group purchase to increase my bargaining power and get a good deal!
If anyone here wishes to particpate in this group purchase, please either leave a message here or send me an email. This is for people in Brisbane only.

It might work for buyers with no trade in who don't mind if the supplying dealer is close by or not and aren't fussy on colour or options. Group purchasing doesn't work well for goods in tight supply (like GTI's) so I don't like your luck.

I think you'll get a better deal on one car rather than multiple. The dealer might do a deal on a particular car but he's unlikely to be keen if he has buyers lining up at or near full retail.

drb999
03-03-2007, 09:13 AM
It might work for buyers with no trade in who don't mind if the supplying dealer is close by or not and aren't fussy on colour or options. Group purchasing doesn't work well for goods in tight supply (like GTI's) so I don't like your luck.

I think you'll get a better deal on one car rather than multiple. The dealer might do a deal on a particular car but he's unlikely to be keen if he has buyers lining up at or near full retail.

I'd say I agree with this, they would be inclined to "lose" money on one, but not so much to lose on 5 or 10. :)

However, speaking from experience of my work colleague who got himself a non-VW, but a normally $42k car at $10k under the retail value. Basically what he did is figure out what he wanted option and colour wise, and then proceeded to call all the dealers selling that car in Sydney and surrounding areas one-by-one. After 2 weeks of playing this game he had himself the car and options he wanted, but not the colour - however he wasn't too fussed about that.

Most dealers would call you crazy or ask you what you're smoking, but you're bound to come upon one that hasn't quite met their targets for the month or quarter and would be willing to bargain.

sausage
03-03-2007, 02:50 PM
My thinking was more along the line of... its either deal for everyone or no deal at all. This way, we can push for the dealer to sell by volume and not sell by money. If they don't make this sell, they know this bunch of deals is going to go to other dealers. This counts significantly if the VW dealers are not doing their quota for the month. If they let the deals go, the quota is going to end up on someone else's book. That's my original thought... and seems to have worked pretty well overseas