PDA

View Full Version : Australian Audi's

Sean Red T
28-02-2007, 02:47 AM
hi, first post on this audi forum so be gentle. I live in wales uk and am emigrating in a while, adelaide area. ive been looking into bringing my car, its a 2004 a4 1.8t (190bhp) quattro s-line (saloon/sedan). looked at dealers in australia to get an idea of prices if i decide to replace once there. my question is i havent seen any s/line models only s, se,sport etc. seen a few quattro,s, can someone let me know if s/line models avaliable, 18inch wheels lower suspension door skirting etc as standard.thanks
sean

gpk_gti
28-02-2007, 07:32 AM
welcome! have you tried www.redbook.com.au ?? I dont think that year had s-line available from the stealers or you might find that not many people bought that model,either they purchased a a4 with extras(without everything like you) or they didnt have sline badging?? or they just bought a s4.I know 2 weeks ago my cousin was looking at a 2003 s4 for $43000 from a audi dealer.
if you check the above website and www.carsales.com.au www.carpoint.com.au ,you should be able to see some more info on the models that were released here.
dont forget european cars are much much more expensive here second hand!
hope that helps a little!!
thanks for joining!!!:D

syncro
28-02-2007, 09:40 AM
Hi Sean,
Yes they did have 2004 S Lines here as I nearly bought one. I think that they had a 120kw motor. I probably have some details at home if you need to know anything.

It may be better to bring yours with you if it is a good one, but you will have to do a lot of paperwork first. Most of the ones in Australia are really boring colours (Silvers, Greys etc)

Where in Wales are you from?

Sean Red T
01-03-2007, 07:18 AM
thanks 4 the help, will keep looking at sites. dont no what you mean by kw, im used to brake horse power (bhp). mine is a 190 so any idea what that is in kw. over hear the s,line quattro comes loaded with extras from electric blinds to parking sensors front rear, electric leather seats big list to be honest. so will probably bring it to be honest, ive owned from new and looked after it. Over hear s4 is pricey rs4 is crazy, cant afford anyway just dream. the import tax is 5% of retail value which should be $2500. +£1500 shipping. again thanks 4 response will keep u posted on my leaving sunny cardiff south wales.
sean

Sean Red T
01-03-2007, 07:30 AM
just found out 190 bhp is 140 kw. if standard is 120kw that makes sense as mine over hear is called a red eye version (bit more power).

gpk_gti
01-03-2007, 07:35 AM
kw is very similar to ps..

syncro
01-03-2007, 07:39 AM
I've just found a brochure on the S-line and it had the 140kw (190hp) motor. It had a lot of extras but not full leather, parking sensors or sunroof.

They sold for around £30,000 here.

Sean Red T
01-03-2007, 08:08 AM
thanks, had a look at car shop websites, they are avaliable but pretty rare, the equipments are different as you say, but atleast i know s/line are in australia. The value of mine would drop i think due to it being an import to australia, but not planning on selling for a while, given me alot to think about. thanks sean

Golf Loon
17-03-2007, 07:32 PM
Bring it with you Sean, it would be hard to replace with anything equal over here.

I started off as a Swansea Boyo, glad that another Welshman has found his way on here.

Sean Red T
10-04-2007, 07:11 PM
its been decided when all visa finalised car is coming with us. £1500 to send. car has to be fully cleaned just before delivery this end. To remove any contaminates? $2500 to go through customes and all paperwork at your end. It should take 5 weeks they say in all from start to finish. would send before me leaving uk to pick up once landed (hopefully). anyway thats an update. Time scale not shore, possible job offer so could be matter of weeks, or longer if i wait for normal visa.
cheers sean

SoVeReIgN
15-04-2007, 01:38 PM
I know a few people who have brought Audis over from the UK and they ALL (no exceptions!) regret doing it because of all the hoops you have to jump through.

There are no mechanical differences between the Sline and normal 110/120kw 1.8t (I think from memory the throttle body was a slightly different design, but made negligible difference). I'd suggest you buy a 'normal' quattro 1.8t and get it chipped/flashed (where they make more than your 190bhp anyway, more like 220bhp) IIRC, all the quattro 1.8ts here have sports suspension and sports options.

The ONLY reason to bring your car over, is if you are dead set on its colour or you have a very good condition example with a perfect (or better than perfect - overdone) service history.

Cheers,
Dave

Sean Red T
16-04-2007, 03:28 AM
ive owned from new, no expense spared well looked after. very low miles. Dont intend selling it for a good while. i hear what you are saying but its not the speed that bothers me, i have looked at loads of car sales in oz and have not found one s.line quattro with the same level of extras(see previous threads) as mine.cant even find same wheels, it seems the spec is very different for some reason from one country to another. thanks
sean

evorobin
16-04-2007, 09:58 AM
Sean welcome to the forum. I'm originally from Cardiff but brought my golf from the UK five years ago. TBH if you can afford it do it. Import tax was more when I brought mine...

MIK
18-04-2007, 06:35 PM
just for info sake; kilowatt, horse power, metric horsepower:

1 kw = 1.34hp = 1.36 ps

eg 206kw = 276hp = 280ps

and your 190 hp = 141 kw = 187 ps... (120kw= 160hp)