PDA

View Full Version : NSW 2001 Golf MkIV GTi (unmodified)

Madz
11-01-2010, 07:30 AM
I've taken a deposit on this today

Madz
13-01-2010, 04:20 PM
Bump (14 bids on ebay so far)

Madz
16-01-2010, 08:36 AM
Bump - auction ends today, don't miss out :)

Madz
17-01-2010, 07:01 PM
Didn't sell on ebay - happy to take offers through here - 12900 ono!

Merlin8r
20-01-2010, 09:31 PM
Dammit......wish I saw this when I was looking about a month ago!

Mr Messy
21-01-2010, 02:43 PM
Eff me that's cheap!!!

Madz
23-01-2010, 11:06 PM
@Merlin8r - I wish you had too :)

It's priced well as it needs front tyres and I need it gone as I've just bought this: http://www.carsales.com.au/all-cars/private/details.aspx?R=7489478
I used to have an RS 7 or 8 years ago. They're old cars now and nowhere near as practical as the golf as a daily drive, but still a lot of fun. I picked it up for 8500 and the negotiation with the missus was that I'd have some $$$ left over from the swap towards the mortgage.

Not really much happening now on ebay, so I'm going to stick it on car sales tomorrow. Would really like to sell it to a forum member though...

Unfortunately it's not P-plate legal I don't think, even though i think they've made exceptions for the gen 6 GTi?

Merlin8r
23-01-2010, 11:14 PM
I'm 37, so no problem there....

No I am truly shattered.....My wife and i just bought a Mk4 2.0 for 12k. Had to trade in our 05 Magna wagon for it FAST so we went through a dealer. Had I of known about this site BEFORE I bought, well you and I would probably both be pretty happy. Don't get me wrong, I'm loving the 2 litre, but a GTi? Damn!

Not sure there's much I can do, but I'll talk with the missus. Just as a hypothetical, if I saw the car and bought it, would you drive it up to Sydney?

Madz
24-01-2010, 07:58 AM
You could have twin Mk4's - the 2.0 for her and the GTI for you :) Although you'd better tell her yours is "only" a 1.8 or she might want it the other way around :)

Tis a shame, can understand you wanting to trade though, selling used cars is difficult these days esp if they are common cars - the car I had before the golf was a white astra - great little car for what it was (in my opinion) but it took me months to sell it and I didn't get anywhere near what I wanted for it...

If you were interested (or any other forum member from Syd who's serious about the car) I'm happy to meet in Waterfall or Heathcote or somewhere like that so you can have a look at it. Dropping it up to Syd if you bought it would be possible, I'm sure I could organise some sort of transport back.

Merlin8r
24-01-2010, 07:20 PM
Hehe twin Mk 4's is the exact angle I was playing! She's still learning to drive, and is reluctant on manuals though, even though she can do it just fine.

Our Magna was a great car till the gearbox started making an odd noise, and since the gearbox is the weak link in the Magna she was desperate to flog it as fast as possible.

Madz
24-01-2010, 10:11 PM
I've updated the first post with some further details and a contact number.

@Merlin8r
Hope she sticks with it - my girlfriend heated the clutch up a bit when learning to drive in the old peugeot I had a few years ago now and hasn't tried driving since, even though on the whole she was doing really well. I figure one day I'll have to get a cheap piece of crap auto to have any chance of getting her back into it....

Madz
02-02-2010, 06:14 PM
Just warning you all there is a carsales ad for this car at the moment which is a FRAUD. They've used my photos and description but the contact name is listed as David in ROSSGOLE NSW and the seller has conveniently neglected to provide contact details. I'll be contacting Carsales about this as soon as they are open tomorrow.

BTW I wouldn't recommend anyone advertises their car on ebay - I've had a fake buyer trying to scam me and now this. Unbelievable how dodgy everything has become.

The car is still for sale at $12900 - please contact me through the forum if you want any information.

Madz
03-02-2010, 08:19 AM
I've rung Car Sales and the fraudulent ad has been removed. They didn't sound all that surprised. must happen often. Thanks to Merlin8r for pointing it out to me or I would never have known.