PDA

View Full Version : QLD QLD Track Day

KI11Z
27-02-2007, 01:34 AM
OKAY QUEENSLANDERZZZZ!

Quite a few dubberz and an Ibiza;) are making noise about getting this track day up and running!!

Sounds like a great idea! so here's where it all starts! Get posting and make it happen!

First where? and how much will it cost for the hire of the chosen circuit?

mean_green_mk1
27-02-2007, 09:57 PM
yip i am in for that

shaneth
27-02-2007, 10:02 PM
Im in. Morgan park sounds the goods.

KI11Z
28-02-2007, 12:44 AM
Have never been to morgan park? where abouts izit?

any other suggestions?

shaneth
28-02-2007, 06:24 AM
Morgan Park (http://www.short-circuit-motor-racing.com.au/morgan_park_track_hire.htm) Or we could always find out about MT Cotton not sure if you need a cams licence there if you hire the track.

gtimk5
28-02-2007, 07:58 AM
Word at the Duttons by the organiser was that QR was totally booked out for 2007 (and that it had lost its cams permit???) So Morgan Park might be pretty booked as well.
And K111Z, I am from Tasmania but I can tell you that Morgan Park is near Warwick.
We could only use Morgan Park till midday last friday as it was booked for the afternoon. There were lots of club type race cars turning up.
Cheers, Andrew :)

golfmeup
28-02-2007, 12:47 PM
Alright!

I'm in!
Tell me when, where and how much!

Plan for mid year I reckon ( may-jun), cooler weather then.

So anyone have any contacts for track people?

KI11Z
28-02-2007, 01:52 PM
contacts might be needed huh? sounds like it might be a mish booking us a spot? . . .

jasn78
28-02-2007, 04:48 PM
Just let me know where and when and I'm in but would prefer Warwick then Mt Cotton as that isnt a race track.

MMM might have to look at at least whiteline swaybar package sooner:)

KI11Z
01-03-2007, 12:49 AM
Is anyone lse willing to ring round or am I, being that i started this :???:

okok, i will . . . :rolleyes:

golfmeup
01-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Go Alex!!

If you need a hand let me know, just so we dont do things double.

My big question is can we do a track day without a cams licence, as I am certainly not licenced.

I do have a long sleave tshirt and jeans though :)

golfmeup
01-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Oh yeah
second question is How Much!
I heard they can be $$$.

Golfer
02-03-2007, 10:58 AM
Hmmm...

I'm interested. High speed distractions from life are always welcome :D

Besides, someone has to be there to post the slowest times j:

Cheers!
J :cool:

KI11Z
02-03-2007, 11:07 AM
k boiz and gurlzzzz, just rang morgan park but the main man aint there till 8pm! so will try again tonight. and for Queensland raceway, i need to call back tomorrow to catch their main man! . . . so yeh . . . any other tracks around peeps know of? :?

cjvr6
02-03-2007, 02:15 PM
mount cotton only really is open to cams licensed driver events. my uncle goes up there with a few people with mitsub vr4's and subarus for their club days so it seems for their a cams license is needed. with qr you just rock up and pay the fee for the day for a license. so if we get this going we need looooots of people to make the price not to outrageous. i am pretty keep for this to get up and running.

oh and start posting a names list on the first post of the thread of the people who are interested. so we have numbers

woooot track day

cj

shaneth
02-03-2007, 02:36 PM
KI11Z whats your number and eamil address, pm it to me please. I dont want to take the organisation away from you but i have just called a company called Total Driver (http://www.totaldriver.com.au/car%20clubs.htm) They are excellant. They run Track days where they supply guys to train you if you like. (I have been with guys who do regular track days and after they went with the instructor they said they have never pushed there car so hard ;P ) He is going to get back to me by the end of the weeekend with info. He also alluded to the fact that they might be able to do Darlington PArk which is a terrific track down near yatala. Ill keep you posted. If you guys dont want to go this way im happy for whatever.

KI11Z
02-03-2007, 03:47 PM
wateva goes Shanneth :D id be more than happy for anyone to take over . . . doesnt soud like a bad idea! save us experimenting and learning on paid wasted laps! im sure we all know the basics but to hav it fine tuned wouldnt be a bad thing :)

KI11Z
07-03-2007, 05:20 PM
ok peeps . . . i gave morgan park a call at last and they require some sort of cams license :( . . . am still waiting on a reply back from queensland raceway but judgeing by the seq GTi training day thread they're aw booked out on weekends for the year?!?!? will wait and see . . .

sooooooo . . . where does that leave us :? need imput here . . .

shaneth
07-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Dont loose hope yet mate. I havent heard back from the guys i was talking about earlier. Will ring again tomorrow. Let you know how i go.

madglf3
11-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Hmmm...

I'm interested. High speed distractions from life are always welcome :D

Besides, someone has to be there to post the slowest times j:

Cheers!
J :cool:

i think i will rival your slowness hahaha:D

KI11Z
12-03-2007, 11:33 PM
no action here 4 a while . . . so i still havnt heard back from queensland raceway! crazy! so slack, so i'll giv'em a call again tmoza . . . still no other suggestions? . . . Shanneth, hows that course thing of yours going? did you get anywhere with it? . . .

DaveMack
03-04-2007, 07:10 AM
Count me in.

DaveMack
03-04-2007, 08:31 AM
Present situation:

CAMS license = no
Roll cage = no
Six-point harness = no
(dare I say it) Crash hat = no

What will we need for a day like this?

D.

KI11Z
03-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Hi mate! im not sure how easy this is going to be without any of us having a cams license! i think our only option is for all of us to have a planned sicky during the week for a thrash up around the queensland raceway??

shaneth
03-04-2007, 09:02 PM
Ok people i am still onto total driver for info. they have just changed buildings which is the excuse they gave me for not gettin back to me sooner. He said he will get to me asap. With these guys you dont need cams and you also dont need roll cage just a road worthy car which is inspected by them a helmut and long sleeves. Ill keep you guys posted.

edit - this is what i am thinkng of what do you think.

Car club combat!
Challenge your mates and their cars in Car club combat. Open to car clubs a half day program that incorporates drag racing, hill climb, one lap shootout against the clock and motorkana on the skid pan.

Times are aggregated during the day and the winners are declared and prizes awarded.

DaveMack
04-04-2007, 12:53 AM
That's sounds great, Shanath ... just the sort of thing I was looking for to cover all bases.

KI11Z
04-04-2007, 05:19 AM
man thats the sh*t! get that crankin!! :D

BrisGTI
04-04-2007, 06:29 AM
Sounds like fun.
Will keep my eye on this thread

shaneth
04-04-2007, 02:00 PM
yeah just give me some time and ill have it working. Ill keep hounding the guy i have been speaking to. Ill post up as i get info.

jerrah
20-04-2007, 12:52 PM
I hope you guys realise that it's not THAT hard to do a track day...

You'll need a helmet, but I've done it without a Roll cage and CAMS licence.

http://www.jerrah.com/images/morgan-park-billy2.jpg

shaneth
20-04-2007, 02:16 PM
Jerrah welcome mate. who organised yours.

jerrah
20-04-2007, 02:31 PM
If you join a club they all have at least bi-monthly events.

If you were to try to organise a track day yourself, I'd imagine you'd need to front up with a large sum of money. Hiring a track isn't cheap, and ideally you'd split the cost by many cars. Secondly it would have to fit in with regular race events and people who have ongoing hire of the track, and thirdly you'd probably need to be part of some kind of association that could be held liable if the track was damaged or someone wanted to sue someone for injury/property damage. Resurfacing the track is expensive and they don't want to let a random group of people to hoon around the track potentially causing hundreds of thousands of dollars damage to the surface.

I think it's easier to join a car club or a training organisation like SDT as they look after all the tricky stuff so you can just turn up and drive.

Try the Audi Club of Queensland for a start if you're serious.

jerrah
20-04-2007, 02:43 PM
A recent track day with SDT on the vwvortex. (http://forums.vwvortex.com/zerothread?id=3185123)

shaneth
20-04-2007, 02:52 PM
Cheers jerrah, nice pics of the track day. Thats what i was hoping Total driver would help us with organising the track day but there unprofessionalism is kinda making me not want to go any further with them. As i have been trying to contact them for the last 4 months and have talked to them and all and no help. I am abou to become a memeber of The Audi club.

shaneth
17-05-2007, 06:38 PM
Have a look at this Safe Driver Training (http://www.sdt.com.au/BATTLE.htm)