PDA

View Full Version : QLD Bora on a budget?

Mk3 AAA
01-01-2010, 05:53 PM
My bro' is heading back to oz and needs a car, I've sweet talked him into checking out boras and other VWs,

anyone know any Boras under 10 grand, theres a nice one advertised he's checking out today.

Ideally V5, but low km 2.0 would be cool too. Manual, lowish kms a must (Auto if its a great deal), QLD ideally but will travel for a deal.

Any other ideas welcome, mk4 golfs etc etc.... no toyotas though, and nothing french, high km, old or too exciting, he's 40yrs old well before his time.

dylan8
01-01-2010, 08:34 PM
Boris the bora? haha!!

noone
02-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Any other ideas welcome, mk4 golfs etc etc.... no toyotas though, and nothing french, high km, old or too exciting, he's 40yrs old well before his time.

Its pretty boring, but a fairly generic Ford or Holden sedan don't hold good resale and thus you can pick up a 5 year old car with medium kms cheap.

sparkie
03-01-2010, 12:52 PM
If you could get one, I would recommend a Mk3 Tdi, I have had diesels for years, a Pug 306 before the VW but the VW is a great machine, great pull from take-off, you can chip it, parts are easy to get as it was a fully imported model and there are thousands in Europe still. It has little pollution control stuff too. High milers are OK as the engine is bomb-proof. I reckon if I flog mine it would beat a 6 cylinder in a straight line. My only regret is that the design and interior is far better in the Pug. VW is very German and the exterior design of the Mk3 Golf should have been put in the operating theatre bin! I got mine for about $7,000 three years ago and it has not missed a beat apart from a mysterious knocking in the engine bay now sorted. Cheers

audi-tone
15-01-2010, 12:13 AM
bout 5months ago now i got my mk4 1999 gti with 106km's on it for 9500 (already had the remap as a bonus aswell! so keep looking, you will find something! i did. and it was probably the 2nd day looking for cars hehe. i got quite lucky i think!

BTJ
15-01-2010, 04:31 PM
simple solution to this.

disown your brother.