PDA

View Full Version : TDI's flat battery = recall

brackie
25-02-2007, 06:00 AM
Last week I had an embarrassing moment when tassie_euro_mk1 called in to pick up a part from me.
I was going to give him a drive of the TDI but when I hopped in to start it.... it didn't. The battery was absolutely flat. I put the charger on it and 24hrs later it still wasn't fully charged but it had enough in it to start and then came up quickly.

On Friday I received a letter form VWA informing me that, "Vistion Radios RCD300 may not always switch to sleep mode because of a software fault. As a result the battery may go flat after a longer stationary period". In my case this was 3 days. So now off to the dealership in Launceston to get the "free" repair. I wonder if VWA pay the fuel costs of the 300km round trip?

syncro
25-02-2007, 06:06 AM
Will they pay for a new battery as the life of the battery has now been shortened.

h100vw
25-02-2007, 08:18 AM
What's the free repair involve? Can they not send the part to you?

Gavin

EDIT 300Ks in a diesel won't cost much though, eh!! Just the time. :)

jets
26-02-2007, 11:24 PM
On Friday I received a letter form VWA informing me that, "Vistion Radios RCD300 may not always switch to sleep mode because of a software fault. As a result the battery may go flat after a longer stationary period". In my case this was 3 days. So now off to the dealership in Launceston to get the "free" repair. I wonder if VWA pay the fuel costs of the 300km round trip?

I received the same letter today. Please let us all now how long it takes for the repair.
BTW Brackie have you sold your mk1 diesel?