15-12-2009, 07:36 PM
I got one today in the mail from VW.

Seems i have to book in and get them to look at the DSG

This is a 2009 2.0 Petrol EOS DSG..

Anyone else get one ?

eos617
17-12-2009, 12:28 AM
same here!
such a hassle.....and we only got it way after they knew about it in the USA in June....should have fixed the problems before we took delivery of the car

silvershadow
17-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Reprise of my post on this topic in the VW Eos Club Forum;

"Interesting - I recently had a quite intense discussion with the Service Dept of the dealer who sold us our car about their insistence that the car be bought in for service when the MFD had not indicated service was required and the car was 1500km from the scheduled oil/filter change. Your post now raises the question as to whether this was a "silent recall" attempt by VW Australia.

There is no recall for the VW DSG listed on the official Australian Competition and Consumer Commission vehicle recall website:

http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/in.../itemId/952839 (http://www.recalls.gov.au/content/index.phtml/itemId/952839)

Watch this space....... "

Umai Naa!!
17-12-2009, 07:54 PM
Ok. You came to that conclusion how?

It is not a silent recall, because if you look in the Golf 6 and Passat sections, there are threads relating to the same campaign.

Campaigns take time to filter through to all the various countries. It's normal to have delays in this regard. For instance, a vehicle may be flagged in the VW ElsaPro database as requiring a campaign to be carried out, however there sometimes can be no documentation to support it at all. In this case, the dealership will not take any action until VW Australia distributes letters to all their relevent customers. By this time documentation will be available for the technician to carry out the required procedures.

silvershadow
18-12-2009, 12:29 PM
Ok. You came to that conclusion how?

The context of the discussion, the so-called "reasons" given which anyone with a mechanical background would recognise as unfounded and the insistence that failure to comply would place her warranty in jeopardy.

My initial reaction it was merely a revenue-raising exercise by the dealer because the car was bought in my partner's name and the dealer may have decided she would comply with their advice. Complying with this request would have given the dealer the opportunity to charge for two services within a short period of time when only one was necessary.

I have been aware of the US DSG recall from the first day it was announced and was intrigued it had not been extended world-wide given the potential risks involved.

Umai Naa!!
21-12-2009, 07:31 PM
Out of the 8 or 9 DSG re-flashes I've done, not one of them was in for anything else.

So, feel free to say no if the dealership suggests a service. Seriously, there's nothing underhanded about any campaign. They are taken quite seriously.

silvershadow
22-12-2009, 11:42 AM
......... Seriously, there's nothing underhanded about any campaign. They are taken quite seriously.

I have never doubted this - recalls/modifications/upgrades are a fact of life.

As a matter of interest, is the reflash for all DSG variants or just the petrol engine versions only?

Umai Naa!!
22-12-2009, 09:47 PM
Both petrol and diesel. I think it's from a certain production date only. Otherwise 70% of VWs sold in the last 5 years will need the DSG re-flashed!

Shteifen
03-01-2010, 12:36 AM
this dsg flash takes less than an hour. much less than an hour depending on how quickly they get on to it. they shouldnt be requesting you have a service done at the same time, you should be able to have it done while you wait.
they may have suggested you have a service while your there to save you the inconvenience of coming back twice in a few weeks/months, as service schedules are pretty flexible (like they arent going to void ur warranty for coming in a couple thousand kms too late or early). but if they are doing more than suggesting for that reason, then its not right.
either way its ur choice to get it serviced at the same time or not.
DSG flash takes me less than half an hour.

Umai Naa!!
03-01-2010, 11:28 AM
The Eoss that I've done seem to take a little longer than the Golfs, Passats and Caddys. They require a complete basic setting of the Mechatronics, following up with a road test.

I've been trying to discourage our reception staff from allowing to customers to wait around. As with all programming proceedures, a small computer-related hiccup, can undo all your work.