PDA

View Full Version : Vehicle Tracking from Factory

backdoc
13-12-2009, 11:42 AM
I have seen the thread for tracking your order with the vehicles VIN, however it seems the website has changed a little from the time that was posted - http://www.vwwatercooled.org.au/newforum/upload/showthread.php?t=13989&highlight=contract

https://att.2wglobal.com/gstattweb/ocean.do?method=displayOceanQuickSearchResult

Does anyone know whether the VIN should still allow you to track your cars progress, and if so, where do you enter the info on this page?

Thanks for any help.

K1W1
13-12-2009, 03:19 PM
That link is no good.
I was able to track mine by going to Wilh. Wilhelmsens (http://www.wilhelmsen.com/Pages/wwhome.aspx) web site. I can't see how I did it now but the last time I looked was earlier this week and it showed my car as having been unloaded in Melbourne.

backdoc
13-12-2009, 07:57 PM
That link is no good.
I was able to track mine by going to Wilh. Wilhelmsens (http://www.wilhelmsen.com/Pages/wwhome.aspx) web site. I can't see how I did it now but the last time I looked was earlier this week and it showed my car as having been unloaded in Melbourne.

Yeah, for some reason it comes up as Session expired. Anyway, your link eventually gets you through to the same search page. Do you put the VIN in the "Booking Number", "Bill of Lading Number", "Cargo ID" or "Customer Reference Number"?

I've been told my car is on a ship but attempting to track it has proved difficult. Thanks again.

K1W1
13-12-2009, 08:28 PM
Yeah, for some reason it comes up as Session expired. Anyway, your link eventually gets you through to the same search page. Do you put the VIN in the "Booking Number", "Bill of Lading Number", "Cargo ID" or "Customer Reference Number"?

Customer reference number

I think the original link was pointing to a particular search inquiry which is no longer valid.

Bayford Skoda
14-12-2009, 09:27 AM

I've been told my car is on a ship but attempting to track it has proved difficult. Thanks again.

Once your car has been built your dealer can supply you with your VIN. Once your car has been loaded onto the ship you enter the VIN into the CARGO ID section and click trace. It will give you the ETA and other details.

Graybags
15-12-2009, 09:38 PM
Got notification of my VIN number today but come up as no records found, am I doing something wrong?

K1W1
16-12-2009, 05:53 AM
The vehicle may not have got as far as the shipping company yet. My didn't show up there until it was on the wharf.

gregozedobe
16-12-2009, 06:14 AM
Got notification of my VIN number today but come up as no records found, am I doing something wrong? the number is
TMBUF61ZOA********

Graybags, you might want to remove your VIN from your post. This forum is a "public access" one and that means any low life can read it and get your VIN and for example pretend they own your car and do a scam by "selling" it. For the same reason most people disguise their number plates on photos etc.

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
16-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Got notification of my VIN number today but come up as no records found, am I doing something wrong? the number is
TMBUF61ZOA2074153

Hi Graybags, try the last 6 digits in the VIN (074153) where the CARGO ID section is. I have just tried it for a l client of ours and it finally came up with the shipping details after about a week and a bit of trying. If you try and use the whole VIN it won't work and using the 6 digits mean that other will come up also but it is just a simple matter of picking your specific VIN.

For the ship name just click on CURRENT STATUS and that will give you everything you need.

Graybags
16-12-2009, 02:35 PM
thanks, the last 6 digits gives me some numbers but none are ours, perhaps it hasn't been processed yet? Been ordered awhile though.

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
16-12-2009, 04:20 PM
Hi Graybags, your dealer can let you know when it has gone to transport status which essentailly means to us that it should be on a ship , it should show up on the 'trace and track' with the 6 digits not to long after.

Just remember even these are general guide systems and will have inadequate information from time to time so don't rely on any of it as gospel

K1W1
16-12-2009, 04:55 PM
Once it appears in Wilh. Wilhelmsens systems the info is 100%. If the ship gets delayed or diverted for any reason the info is updated straight away.
FWIW my car has taken almost as long to get from Webb Dock to the dealer as it took to sail from South Africa to Melbourne.

Graybags
18-12-2009, 11:24 AM
Thanks for the help, will have to wait till it gets into transport.