PDA

View Full Version : Another outstanding review

K1W1
09-12-2009, 05:39 PM
In this weeks local "Free Press Leader". I'm sure that it will be syndicated in all their various publications.

Distinctive character

by Peter Barnwell

"This is a really good car, the right size. plenty of go, sporty handling and feel and, after a recent makeover, good-looking too.
Skoda's Octavia RS TSi, (the turbo-petrol model) is in a competitive section of the market but measured against direct competitors like the Mazda 6, Honda Accord EURO and new Subaru Liberty Sport. The Czech-made five¬door lift back blows them all into the weeds in more than outright performance.
It runs a two-litre, turbo-petrol four-cylinder we know and love from the previous VW Golf GTi and is good for 147kW/280Nm output. That translates into a 0-100km/h sprint in 7.3 seconds.
Response on the move is impressive, aided in the test car's case by an optional double clutch (DSG) transmission with steering wheel paddle change -a $2,300 option on the base price of $37.990.
Equipment levels are generous and include a premium audio system, sports seats, dual-zone climate control. auto wipers and headlights. auto dim rear view mirror, six airbags and stability control.
It handles the way a sports sedan should, offering a taut feel and minimal body roll through turns, strong brakes and quick steering. The smooth-running engine with a bit of a burble is a gem, with as much squirt as any normal person could need and returns 7.7 litres/100km into the bargain -on 95 octane fuel.
The Octavia RS feels nimble and safe to drive. The body is rock solid and practical with the liftback rear and split-folding rear seats.
It's a largish car providing seats for five, four in comfort. and a large load area.
The driver's cockpit is stylish and functional. Essentially, Skoda's Octavia RS TSi is a keener priced VW with its own distinctive character. Definitely worth a look."

You can currently view the story on the Free Press Leader site (http://free-press-leader.whereilive.com.au/) by clicking on the "Browse the entire paper online" link. This will of course only work this week until a new edition comes out.

Graybags
09-12-2009, 07:31 PM
That’s got to aid the public awareness of the rs and hopefully a few less people I have to explain and sell the potential of the car myself! (hope that makes sense?)
-Gt

Graybags
11-12-2009, 12:43 PM
Hey selurs how do you do the s with the little thing above it?

K1W1
11-12-2009, 12:57 PM
Just use the Ascii code

No spaces

& # 1 3 8 ends up as Š

So you type Skoda as (again no spaces) & # 1 3 8 koda to get Škoda

selurs
11-12-2009, 01:05 PM
Hey selurs how do you do the s with the little thing above it?

As Kiwi says, there's some sort of HTML encoding for it. Don't really know much about that, but there's a couple of other ways. One is to remember the keyboard shortcut (well, on Windows anyway) of Alt+0 1 3 8 (hold down Alt while you type 0138 on the keypad - and it only works on keypads, not the number keys above the main keyboard, so I don't know what you'd do on a laptop...), or find one that already exists (like on the Škoda website :) ) and Cut'n'Paste!

I figured if people are going to go to the effort of typing .:R3x, I can got to the effort of typing ( Alt+0138 )koda :D - though maybe it just makes me sad :emo_baghead:

Transporter
11-12-2009, 05:12 PM
I found this shortcut works in MS Word.
Alt+Ctrl+^Shift+S
You have to use both hands.
edit: do spell correct and add it to your dictionary.

Transporter
13-12-2009, 11:12 AM
Please use this thread for Skoda reviews only. I moved the O/P to this thread and the old thread will get renamed to Skoda TSI fuel discussion.

backdoc
23-12-2009, 08:13 PM
http://www.weeklytimesnow.com.au/article/2009/12/23/143911_machine.html

Good signs!

Graybags
23-12-2009, 09:08 PM
Nice one! Told it how it is.