PDA

View Full Version : Seat Covers ?

Antiplastix
02-12-2009, 06:36 AM
I d like to preserve my front seats on my RS Wagon from spilt icecreams ,dog hairs , sand ,surfboard wax etc. , but I notice they are fitted with airbags. Can you get seat covers designed to overcome this?
:confused:

team_v
02-12-2009, 06:45 AM
I d like to preserve my front seats on my RS Wagon from spilt icecreams ,dog hairs , sand ,surfboard wax etc. , but I notice they are fitted with airbags. Can you get seat covers designed to overcome this?
:confused:

I believe there was talk of a seat covers with "weak stitching" around airbag areas to allow deployment but i dont think it ever happened and in theory, it would just be a weak point that would tear open after a few months use anyway.
I never saw the end prouct so i believe it was just talk and nothing has been made yet.

Just remove said items (ice-cream, dog, sand etc) from being brought into the car, easy solution :P

K1W1
02-12-2009, 06:40 PM
Just remove said items (ice-cream, dog, sand etc) from being brought into the car, easy solution :P

That's my solution.
I'm personally not a huge fan of Scotchguard type applications but I know a lot of people who are and who swear by them so that may be another avenue to investigate.

Antiplastix
02-12-2009, 08:37 PM
Have found a local bloke who custom makes sheepskin covers that are airbag suitable,when I find out more will post the details.

Calais
13-12-2009, 03:57 PM
I had custom sheepskin covers made to suit my vRS, they are a 'strip' design so they don't cover the bolsters on the seat at all, and wont interfere with the airbag function. So far I am really happy with them, being Australian Merino, they are thick and well made, and make the car just that bit more comfortable on hot days.

Antiplastix
14-12-2009, 04:00 PM
Ended up with these. "Flea-bay" specials. $129 pair, come in black,grey and other colours. Seem to fit well and the head rest holes are in the exact spot.

http://www.vwwatercooled.com.au/forums/images/imported/2009/12/PC140001-1.jpg