PDA

View Full Version : Superb side mirrors

paulconsidine
01-12-2009, 06:46 AM
Hi

I have had my Superb elegance for about a week, and can't figure out how to get the side mirrors to fold when the car is locked with the remote.

The book appears to be in the original Czech translated to German translated to English by a Portugese speaker, so it isnt as helpful as it could be.

I now have the side mirror tilting down when I put the car into reverse, but not auto folding.

I thought it was something to do with the position of the mirror control knob - having to be in L or R, but I have tried both and it doesn't seem to work.

Any help much appreciated!

It is a great car by the way, I have the RNS-510 and the SKODA bluetooth fitted and am very happy.

Cheers

Paul:stupid:

Bayford Skoda
01-12-2009, 08:23 AM
The Superb isnt fitted with this feature.

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
01-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Hi

I have had my Superb elegance for about a week, and can't figure out how to get the side mirrors to fold when the car is locked with the remote.

The book appears to be in the original Czech translated to German translated to English by a Portugese speaker, so it isnt as helpful as it could be.

I now have the side mirror tilting down when I put the car into reverse, but not auto folding.
Paul:stupid:

Hi Paul, You are able to achieve this by holding the remote down until the mirrors fold in, they will subsequenlty fold back out when you restart the car. Sorry to contradict Bayford here but it is definitely a feature on your vehicle as long as it is the Elegance.

The reason for your mirror dropping is that you have engaged the 'mirror down' feature. If you go back into setup in the MFD and choose convenience you can then reprogram this feature to be inactive (if you don't like it that is)

Any difficulties with this just pm me or email direct claidlaw@mmgrp.com.au

Cheers

Chris

paulconsidine
01-12-2009, 05:54 PM
Hi Chris

Thanks for the info - I will give it a go!

Much appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

ope126
01-12-2009, 06:13 PM
Hi, do you know if this feature can be done on the Passat also?
I have auto folding mirrors via the mirror switch, can this also be done remotley?

Glenn

Ocy_RS_TDi_Kombi
01-12-2009, 08:21 PM
Does the Octavia vRS (pre facelift) have the mirror down feature when engaging reverse? Thanks

gregozedobe
01-12-2009, 11:26 PM
Does the Octavia vRS (pre facelist) have the mirror down feature when engaging reverse? Thanks

IIRC - only if you have electrically operated drivers seat (otherwise there is no memory to store the "up" and "down" positions of the mirror).

This would be a popular aftermarket mod, it is a wonder someone like Kufatec or AlienTech haven't come up with some gadget to do it - if it fitted a wide range of VAG cars and wasn't too expensive I'm sure it would sell well all over the world.

Bayford Skoda
02-12-2009, 10:06 AM
I was refering to the mirrors folding in when you hold the lock button down...

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
02-12-2009, 10:11 AM
Glenn

Hi Glenn, i am not sure to be honest. Try and do the same, hold the lock button of your remote down for a few seconds and see whether it automates the mirrors to fold. Although i was in VW for many years i only realised this feature existed when putting the windows up on a facelift Octavia using the remote and it folded in the mirrors, so it was an accident that i even became knowledgable about it.

Swallowtail
02-12-2009, 10:15 AM
I have auto folding mirrors via the mirror switch, can this also be done remotley?

Glenn

I don't believe so... it doesn't on mine, and I don't recall seeing anything of that description in VCDS/VAGCOM.

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
02-12-2009, 01:43 PM
I was refering to the mirrors folding in when you hold the lock button down...

So were we

ope126
02-12-2009, 02:15 PM
Hi Glenn, i am not sure to be honest. Try and do the same, hold the lock button of your remote down for a few seconds and see whether it automates the mirrors to fold. Although i was in VW for many years i only realised this feature existed when putting the windows up on a facelift Octavia using the remote and it folded in the mirrors, so it was an accident that i even became knowledgable about it.

Cheers for that...

I tried the remote and it only does the windows / sunroof. Not the mirrors.

Bayford Skoda
02-12-2009, 04:23 PM
So were we

I have 2 MY10 Elegances that dont do it...

fourmo
02-12-2009, 04:44 PM
Ooooooh dealer fight!

lol

Bayford Skoda
02-12-2009, 05:00 PM
Just checked our V6 Elegane and that works but my 1.8 doesnt... I will investigate...

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
02-12-2009, 06:37 PM
Ooooooh dealer fight!

lol

Hehehe yeah looks that way, we might have to meet after work at the bike sheds and sort this mirror thing out once and for all!!!

Seriously though everything in this medium can appear more abrupt than it is. Heath at Bayfords has been doing this longer than me and would in most cases be more knowledgeable. I actually stumbled across this feature purely by accident, thats how i know

K1W1
02-12-2009, 06:58 PM
Perhaps the dealers may like to spend some of their spare time RTM before they further reduce their already fragile crdibility.

If folding mirrors are fitted there is an extra position marked at approximately 5 o'clock on the exterior mirror control adjuster inside the vehicle. The position has a little icon that looks like an exterior mirror with a double sided arrow beside it.
When you are inside the vehicle turning the adjuster knob to this position folds both mirrors in, turning away from this position returns them to their original settings (this option is fitted I believe for use in narrow European streets).
If this icon is present then you can also fold the mirrors by holding the remote as described. If you fold the mirrors with the remote they will return to their original positions whenyou next turn the ignition on.

ope126
02-12-2009, 07:24 PM
Perhaps the dealers may like to spend some of their spare time RTM before they further reduce their already fragile crdibility.

If folding mirrors are fitted there is an extra position marked at approximately 5 o'clock on the exterior mirror control adjuster inside the vehicle. The position has a little icon that looks like an exterior mirror with a double sided arrow beside it.
When you are inside the vehicle turning the adjuster knob to this position folds both mirrors in, turning away from this position returns them to their original settings (this option is fitted I believe for use in narrow European streets).
If this icon is present then you can also fold the mirrors by holding the remote as described. If you fold the mirrors with the remote they will return to their original positions whenyou next turn the ignition on.

Are you just referring to Skodas only here, as my passat has the same switch as what was mentioned earlier, but still can not operate via the remote. As mentioned earlier.

And as the dealers have also mentioned, it appears that it my only work in a "select" few vehicles.

Does this work in your vehicle K1W1?

Sales @ Mentone Skoda
02-12-2009, 09:48 PM

Kiwi, dealer bashing is fine because it is clear you have a well documented destain for us even being here but do it with a shred of legitimacy. Go back to the start of the thread and read each post carefully, you pretty much posted what we have already said.

paulconsidine
02-12-2009, 09:51 PM
Hi Guys

I have a MY10 Skoda Superb Elegance 2.0 TDI.

Chris's suggestion works as advertised and I hold the remote lock button for a few seconds and the mirrors fold.

I also have the LH mirror tilting when I select Reverse. that is a great feature too.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Cheers

Paul

Graybags
02-12-2009, 10:19 PM
+1 for the dealers being here.
Nothing positive about K1W1's comments.:(

gregozedobe
03-12-2009, 02:15 AM

Your attitude towards dealers has been expressed several times before and doesn't need repeating every time you see a narrow opportunity :(

Like almost everyone else here at VWW, I welcome the presence of dealers and their useful input (which I'm seeing more and more - keep up the good work guys :) )

BlackSuperb
03-12-2009, 06:49 AM
In addition to folding the side mirrors, holding down the remote lock also closes all your windows and sunroof.

Oh, and it locks the car too!

Hi Guys

I have a MY10 Skoda Superb Elegance 2.0 TDI.

Chris's suggestion works as advertised and I hold the remote lock button for a few seconds and the mirrors fold.

I also have the LH mirror tilting when I select Reverse. that is a great feature too.

Thanks everyone for your input.

Cheers

Paul

gregozedobe
04-12-2009, 01:27 AM
In addition to folding the side mirrors, holding down the remote lock also closes all your windows and sunroof.

Just in case you didn't know - holding the unlock button down will open all the windows (handy if you are returning to a very hot car).

BlackSuperb
04-12-2009, 07:58 AM
Just in case you didn't know - holding the unlock button down will open all the windows (handy if you are returning to a very hot car).

Especially a Black one! :cool: